Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laronk Augur

I'm going to play mangler so there's going to be at least 1 person!
  2. Evade Augur

Lol so true
  3. Smakk Journeyman

Am I the only one who can see every single major raid guild out there having having clones on the Selo server just to relive the rush of competing for Top Guild status? I bet within 2 days Seru bites it, and we'll all see the posts about who was first/best.

That doesn't sound very casual to me.

And no one in their right mind is going to play on Mangler, slowest exp ever and major death punch... no thanx!
    Risiko and Evade like this.
  4. Evade Augur

Exactly. Do 6 month expansion unlocks, increased xp and rare spawns and watch, zero hardcore raiding guilds will move over. Instead you'll get 1000's of casual players returning after 18-20 year breaks (like me)
    Karowyn, snailish and Umul like this.
  5. SweetLaxTho Elder

As it stands just lock Mangflop on launch and if you cant find a way in your not HC enough.
  6. escapegoat New Member

FOR WHAT IT's WORTH --

I think the current setup for Selo's is a great idea. Glad that I'll actually get to the post-PoP expansions sometime before things fizzle out. Two months even would be too long, I think -- maybe 6 weeks?

Remember that it's human nature to accidentally just focus on the squeaky wheels. Don't just listen to the complainers, there are those of us that really like the original idea!

(Tho yes -- Mangler could use some work)
    Remind, Garnol, Sennik Jevest and 2 others like this.
  7. xxar Augur

Mangler adjustment suggestion , modify the exp to agnaar speed and its perfect.
    SweetLaxTho and Garnol like this.
  8. beefeater_dp Journeyman

Or remove the exp penalty be the same as coirnav/phinny and just add FV ruleset. Let casual players have their loot, and don't punish them for wanting to play through classic. Mangler is the casual server, please give it the casual ruleset.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Just add "hardcore" next to Selo.... Done.

Change Mangler to similar rules as Selos, increase the expansion lock-outs to 3 to 5 months and up the exp to agnaar or better and remove some of the dumb penalties and bam you've got an ultra casual server.

Then dump keys/ flags and you've got a super ultra casual server.
  10. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

hardcore should be content unlocks when content is beaten with coirnav exp rates

casual is the game how it was, but everything heightened (exp, faction, rares)
    - Unlocking time of expansion should be half the time it took for the original expansions to release
    ---- 6 months Classic
    ---- 4 months Kunark (or a few weeks less)
    ---- 6 months Velious
    ---- 5 1/2 months Luclin? etc etc etc

i liked how agnarr felt with xp rate and unlock for a fast xp server, was easy to make alts and level them up and still be in the content, or get a friend to play a cleric because the guild lost a cleric and not have to spend much time power leveling
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

The only mention of actual numbers was to experience which they said would be about double RF/LJ and then they go on to mention faster named spawns, faction and shorter lockouts. This really is a casuals dream. I know some people will flame me for this because they hate boxing but they should remove the "true box" code once it reaches live. With these rule sets I think this kind of server might be the most popular once it hits live if they removed the true box code at that point. Even then as mentioned a lot of people might jump over to take advantage of these bonuses to get caught up and then move back to their home server which is an extra income generator for DBG as long as they set the increased rare spawn rates high enough to be worth it.
  12. snailish Augur

^this.

Selos being fast, fast being hardcore. Works. --calling it casual is really the main issue, though I would have made it content racing unlocks with a two week turnaround (pretty much still 1 month expacs, but adds spice).

Mangler... change it as you say and two distinct things exist. Serving very different populations... one of them being people that have casual playtime and/or casual motivation.
    Genoane and Karowyn like this.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If you manage to make DBG with this thread to make a casual server I'd sub to I'll send you a few krono because what the heck this seems to be the biggest thread everyone is jumping on.
  14. ECrack Augur

Hate to say it but this thread is overwhelming correct.

Mangler is Dead on Arrival.

Selo’s just needs FV loot rules and a couple weeks MAYBE a month increase on unlocks.

Mangler is just... the opposite of what people ask for in a TLP. Idk how that makes it hardcore.. I’m genuinely curious to see how low the population is on this thing in the first couple days.
    SweetLaxTho and Karowyn like this.
  15. malaki Augur

Almost nobody wants slow xp, not even the high playtime players.
  16. Umul Augur

At least, lets keep it one thread..

So far we've established Selo's is good (not perfect) and Mangler is swing and a miss but easily fixed with the removal of crap exp speed. Doesn't make for challenging gameplay.
  17. northstar Augur

Considering the rate of unlocks of Selo's I would like to start at Level 50+ with sustainable gear for the content, until I were to say get raiding. the race to 60 is not my thing but if there was the start at 50+ to it then I would def play that over Mangler sever. at least if I chose to reroll or make an alt time to recoup to raid ready wouldn't take much downtime. just a thought.
  18. Crayon123 Augur

Confirmed.
  19. Ahze Elder

We will buy the xp pots anyway, no matter how fast you make the base rate. We are tryhards. It is what we do.
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  20. northstar Augur

Right.... no thank you most the time they get half used looking for a group.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.