Constant login on forum >:-/

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Feb 20, 2018.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

I probably have to log in 10+ times a day, claiming that I am not a robot, and trying to guess if some minuscule pictures are street signs or store fronts (robot checker). Using Chrome on iPad.

Is this just my techno-curse at play, or do others experience the same?
    Sindaiann likes this.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Try clearing your Chrome cookies completely and then logging back into the website normally.

I'm not having the same issue as you with EQ's forums but I have had the issue before with a different website. I had to completely clearly my cookies to fix it then I was fine.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. Gundolin Augur

I have to declare I am not a robot most times I log in. It usually brings me to the pictures to try and pick whether or not there is a "car". But it is not consistent, sometimes I don't have declare I'm not a robot, and sometimes all I have to do is check the box.

If I try and log in and forget to click the Not a robot button, I have to close my browser, clear my cookies, and start over.

I do regularly clear my browser history on completion though (probably part of the problem). I also am using Chrome.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. svann Augur

If I close my browser then next time I always have to log in. But Ive only done the pictures once.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. Jyve Augur

YES. CAN THE HUMANS MAKE THE 'I AM NOT A ROBOT' BUTTON WORK FOR LONGER WHEN WE GET A HUMAN TO CLICK IT FOR US PLEASE.

Jyve (not a robot) the Bard
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Sindaiann Augur

How does this work for ROI?

I was told they are robots....
    Sancus, svann and IblisTheMage like this.
  7. Vanrau Augur

As a cylon, this post is offensive.
    svann, IblisTheMage and Sindaiann like this.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I don't have a problem with the reCaptcha for login. I am familiar with other boards that require performing an anti-bot check for every single post. The need to constantly log back in is pretty annoying. On a desktop, if you leave the browser open but close the forum tab, you can come back and still be logged in. If you close the browser or reboot, you're logged out. On a phone, you can try leaving the browser open as a background app for multitasking, but sometimes the forum still logs you out. I only find the logins to be frustrating with the Daybreak Defender option active, because the extra 6 digit code is required even for forum login, not just for entering the game or official site account management.