Consolidated Enchanter AA Thread

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Filatal, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Filatal Augur

Tried to make the list a bit prettier and starting a new thread to focus on these as ideas.

Azure Mind Crystal Rank 4
    Mana: 9000
    1. Summon item with Azure Harvest
    Azure Harvest
    1. Increase Mana 8000 ( lvl 100 )
    Last upgrade: Underfoot
    Current. .875 Efficiency Proposed .88 Efficiency

Sanguine Mind Crystal Rank 4
    Mana: 6000
    1. Summon Item with Sanguine Harvest
    Sanguine Harvest
    1. Increase Hitpoints 10000
    Last upgrade: Underfoot
    Current. .1.53 Efficiency Proposed 1.66 Efficiency

Hastened Reactive Rune

Hastened Glyph Spray

Hastened 1st Spire

Hastened 2nd Spire

Hastened 3rd Spire

Hastened Self Stasis

Hastened Illusory Ally

Hastened Edict of Command

Hastened Calculated Insanity

Hastened Mental Contortion

Hastened Crippling Aurora

Hastened Chromatic Haze

Hastened Illusions of Grandeur

Rune of Attraction
    1. SPA 424 base1 -200 base2 100
    Target Type 4

Rune of Banishment
    Already exists, just needs to be activated

Chromatic Haze Rank 2
    10 Same as rank1
    11. SPA 273 base1 100
    12 SPA 375 base1 180
    Max Hits: 1

Shared Ingenuity
    Already exists, could be tweaked?

Intrinsic Efficiency 4/5/6 ( 60%/65%/75% )

Crafting Brilliance
    1. Increase Salvage Rate 10%
    2. Increase Tradeskills 10%

Innate Corruption ranks

Wonderful Visions
    1. Increase Current Mana 15,000
    2. Increase Current Endurance 15,000
    Recast 30 minutes

Hidden in Plain Sight
    1. Fade
    2. Mesmerize
    Target Type: Group v1

Hate Monger
    Cancel Spell Casting Subtlety
    ( ie, add SPA 192 or SPA 455 to counter SCS effects, duration 8 hours, can click off )

Confusion
    1 Illusion: Gender

Pacify
    AA version of spell, max level 100

Recant
    AA version of spell

Permanent Project Illusion
    8 hour duration added to Projected Illusions

Self Stasis Rank 2
    1. Fade
    2. Enthrall
    3. Improved Invis

Glyph Spray Rank 3
    3. Absorb 100% of spell damage up to 50000 damage
    4. Absorb 30% of DoT damage up to 40000 damage

Dimensional Instability Rank 2
    1. Absorb Melee Damage 50%, Total 25,000
    2. Cast on Duration Fade: Dimensional Shift
    3. Decrease Hate Generated by 60%

Ultimate Destiny
    1. Improved Taunt
    Target Type: Target's Target

Saving Grace
    1. Fade
    Target Type: Target's Target

Runic Echo
    Innate Chance to proc a Rune on Rune fade

Runic Efficiency
    Decrease Mana on Runes

Stun Mastery
    Increase Durations of Stuns ( SPA 133? )

Slippery Minds
    Innate chance to avoid snares

Unbreakable
    1. Enthrall 5 ticks
    2. Invulnerability 1 tick

Mez Grandmaster
    Innate increase targets of Stare/Wave mez

Gift of Spite
    1. Proc Mez at neg 1000 resist check on Death

Reactive Reflect
    Spell Reflect ability

Stunning Mindgrip
    1. Unresistable 18 sec stun

Triplecast
    Innate chance to proc additional spell, limit SPA 399 ( ie, doesn't work on innate TC, only triggered )

Paralyzing Thoughts
    1. Root neg 1000 resist check
    .25 cast

Haste Mastery
    Innate buff extension for Haste spells

Frightful Thoughts
    1. Fear up to level 103

Gift of Tashania
    Cast reduction for Tash line

Protective Ally
    1. Doppelganger
    2. Cast on Fade - Protective Rune
    Protective Rune
    1. Absorb 10,000 damage

Improved Edict of Command
    Charm up to level 103 + Haste

Extended Edict of Command
    Extends duration of Edict of Command

Wave of Terrifying Dreams
    1. AE mez
    2. Cast on Fade: Waking Nightmare

Squall of Agony
    1 Increase Hate ( % or direct )
    2. Limit spell: Dizzying Squall
    3. Limit spell: Color Confluence
    3. Limit spell: Remote Color Confluence

Visions of Augury
    1. Increase Healing 10%
    2. Decrease Reuse Timer 4 sec
    3. Increase Spell Haste 25%
    4. Limit: Beneficial
    5. Increase Shielding
    6. Increase Chance to Riposte
    7. Increase Chance to Block
    8. Increase Chance to Dodge
    9. Increase AC
    180 seconds duration

Warded Thoughts
    Innate increase duration of Ward of the xxx spells

Dire Charm
    1. 5 day charm up to level 94

Quick Damage

Charm Mastery
    Innate ability to charm up to one additional level per rank

Ethereal Spear
    1. Increase damage 1-12%
    2. Limit spell: Spears

Auroria Mastery rank 2
    1 additional aura active

Enlightened Auroria
    Innate duration extension of auras ( we would probably be happy if someone could tell us why Mana Re- type auras seem to drop so randomly and often )

Mnemonic Retention
    More spell slots

Bind Sight
    AA version of the spell

Persistent Pet Illusion
    Pet retains illusions through zone

Hastened Improved Twincast

Improved Channeling
    Increase innate chance to channel through stuns ( SPA 229? )

Staff Block

Shield Block
    silku and Canik like this.
  2. silku Augur

Like to see Hastened Blanket of Forgetfullness and hastened fog of memories added to this. (unless I missed them?)
    Jordis and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.
  3. Casidia Augur

Some i would remove:

Hastened Illusions of Grandeur
    Reason: you would ask them to reduce the timer on our burn-support AA, but all classes have these on their best dps abilities. It will not happen, because they will not like interfering with this balance.
    They might do it when they feel caster dps needs improvement, not when we ask for it.

Confusion 1 Illusion: Gender
    This sounds more like something you would want to buy on a marketplace, not like an AA that most people would like to have.

Self Stasis Rank 2
    1. Fade
    2. Enthrall
    3. Improved Invis
    I like that you have to think about where you use stasis, so that you can maybe move away afterwards. Please don't ruin this.

Gift of Tashania
    Cast reduction for Tash line
    No...if it's too fast, you don't have to consider what you cast first anymore.

Stun Mastery
    Increase Durations of Stuns ( SPA 133? )
    Absolutely not, all this would result in is less mobs that can be stunned in the future if it's too good, worst suggestion on the list...! Like kicking your own balls.

Mez Grandmaster
    Innate increase targets of Stare/Wave mez
    Possibly the 2nd worst, because again stuff like this would only result in less mezable mobs in the future and can only hurt us.

Mnemonic Retention
    More spell slots
    While useful, it's not related to Chanters but all Casters? If that still works..forget what i just said.

Hastened Improved Twincast
    Like the IoG suggestion, just that this time we'd be asking to increase how often we can burn.
    They will not simply accept this without looking at other classes' burn abilities.

Charm Mastery
    Innate ability to charm up to one additional level per rank
    I don't see this happening, if what we are trying to say is please let us charm white or even yellow cons on a regular basis. I could never imagine that they accept this, we need to come up with something else.

...and now what i (especially) like:
    Azure and Mind Crystal improvements
    Yes please. The smart and fun way to give us "mana AAs" if they would be better (only speaking for Azure), and the health thing is fine too.

Hastened Illusory Ally
    I love this toy, and the timer is a bit long. Because it's not really powerful, just fun.

Hastened Chromatic Haze
    Same basically, it's mostly a fun toy to watch the big nuke and for that alone the timer is too long.

Dire Charm
    1. 5 day charm up to level 94
    6 levels under the current max seems OK.
    Is that supposed to be 1.5 days or 5 days. Either way, i love the idea of Dire Charm but lets present them something reasonable like a few hours instead.

Auroria Mastery rank 2
    1 additional aura active
    Yep this does make sense, or too many Auras will never be used which kinda sucks.

Prolly missed some, but these jumped at me the most.
  4. Jordis Augur

I think we should also get a mez trap, and aa which removes the need for tiny daggers comparable to other classes with summoned pets. A a targetable mez ward that can be used on other players would be useful.
  5. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

A lot of those could probably be removed since the devs have told us a serveral times we're not getting them. But I suppose it never hurts to try.

Dire Charm
    I'm fairly certain the hate dire charm and wish it was never put it. Doubt I'll ever see an upgrade to this.

Auroria Mastery rank 2
    See above. The hate it. Hate. It. Unless they rework all of the aura code and how they work this will not see the light of beta.

Mnemonic Retention
    See above. They've told us before we're not getting more spell slots.

Hastened Chromatic Haze
    I would rather we just get more charges them hasten this but whatever it takes.

Gift of Tashania
    I really want this one. I don't think about which I cast first now... tash is always first and the rare chance I brave a cripple or slow alone... resisted. I just want the mob to be tashed so I can get on with casting the rest of my spells sans resists. To be honest though, this is probably more like a spell idea then an AA but couldn't hurt to try and hasten it, even 50%, plus there is the global cool down to deal with. I got spoiled when they turned the tash AA into an instant cast and now I want to do it all the time.

Self Stasis Rank 2
    I think this one is also a good idea. Spamming perma invis waiting for stasis to drop mobs around me hoping for the server tic for aggro check doesn't perform as I'm casting my 1 sec invis isn't all the exciting.

I agree with Casidia on the hastened burns though. I believe we were told since this expansion was a no level cap increase there would not be a lot of dps upgrades. Wait these ones out until we are level 105. This was the expansion to improve ease of use and combining abilities so try and think more along those lines. Other then that any upgrades are welcomed, ie mana and hp crystals... I rarely bother to even make them. Haste everything!
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  6. Filatal Augur

Oh, I pretty much know most of these are dead in the water. But I tried to separate my personal feelings on them. But looking over it now, I'm pretty sure Mnemonic Retention requires code changes for more spell slots so that will likely come off.
  7. fransisco Augur

No way on removing hastened Illusions of Grandeur. If you don't wanna click it as often, don't!
    Lets get as much hastening on it as we can!
    moogs and silku like this.
  8. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

That list seems way too long. I suggest both you and Narye go out on your own limbs and come back to us with your detailed opinions. We can then give you feedback before you go to the Developers.
  9. fransisco Augur

As in get something 2 expansions ago, and want it improved? Heaven forbid?!
    Your welcome to use our level 5 mez. The way the game works is by improving the things you have.
  10. fransisco Augur

umm... my post seems to be in reply to one that got removed. Ignore it heh
  11. silku Augur

seems to be a lot of that going around.
  12. silku Augur

I'd rather see this replaced with something more along this line:
    Rank Level Charm Level
    1 59 ???
    2 68 58
    3 72 67
    4 77 72
    5 82 77
    6 87 82
    7 92 87
    8 97 92
  13. silku Augur

Would also like to see this considered for the list:
    Something someone suggested last night that I thought was interesting, but maybe not feasible.

Charm Empathy

Essentially what this AA would do is undo part of the charm nerf. So a mob that isn't charmed is at 100% of it's effective power. After Vxed/Tipt charmed mobs starting being what 60% less effective. (They tank less, they hit about half etc.) What if each rank of empathy reduced this penalty.

Rank 1 - 55%
    Rank 2 - 50%
    Rank 3 - 45%
    Rank 4 - 40%
    Rank 5 - 35%
    Rank 6- 30%
    Rank 7 - 25%
    Rank 8 - 20%?

Stopping at rank 8 would be my suggestion, but I'd be happy with ran 10 or 12 giving us 100% effective pets again. I understand the original nerf.. but at this point in the game it's not warranted IMO. It would definitely be a dps increase in groups, and maybe make raiders want you to find pets as well
    Marton likes this.
  14. Silv Augur

I'd still like to see something related to our visages added to the list. Either more +% (more ranks of Profound Visage) or an activated self/targeted buff of either/both types. We constantly have people talking about wanting more/less aggro and they have kept the Profound line alive so it seems like something they'd be open to. Depending on the strength, Profound Visage should affect any type of activated version IMO but that may be too overpowered.

I like the list overall. Please keep increased charm level, mez # targets, and hastened IOG. Almost everything is mezzable in current content and we can pretty much mez almost an indefinite number of mobs with PBAE. The recast on Stare is short enough to keep a huge number locked. Increasing the # of targets mezzed will not lead to some mass non-mez flagging. There is no basis or precedent for such a claim. Elidroth or Ellyra already said they would consider a different timer for IOG (shorter) but it never got revisited after beta. Clearly they are open to the idea without some penalty.

Asking for more = more. Asking for less = less. If we don't ask, we will never get the chance unless it happens to poof into a dev's brain which is dicey at best. The list isn't too long. It will take Eli all of 5 minutes to skim them and automatically cross a bunch off or on the list.
  15. Filatal Augur

My personal thoughts?

Mind Crystal upgrades - way overdue

I would slash anything related to spires. Those are 99% chance to be rejected out of hand.

Upping the level on charm is also pretty slim and it opens up a new problem. Currently, we can charm, via Edict, up to 100 and mez up to 103. All a dev has to do is make a mob level 101 and it is charm immune ( for now ). If charm level equals mez level, a dev either has to flag the mob separately or make it 104, which then kills mez. Might not be such a big deal since they seem to be flagging lots of mobs charm immune these days, but that hasn't always been the case ( many expansions we can now charm things that were too high level when the expansion was current ). I just want to be cautious and not effectively reduce our abilities in the long run.

I like most of the Hastens, though I doubt many of them will make it.

Runes of Attraction/Banishment. One already exists, the other is the group lurch we want. These need to be on reasonable timers also.

Recant/Pacify/Visage could get some use if we had them on a hot bar. They tend to only get loaded as a last ditch because of how limited we are on the spell bar.

Hate Monger - this could actually happen, especially with the auto granting of AA and some classes not wanting SCS, which would likely be auto-granted.

Stun Mastery, Mez Grandmaster, Stunning Mindgrip - pretty much these are auto rejects, imo.

Pretty much the same with any reduction in the charm nerf. Not only that, I don't really think it is wise to get it. It will put us right in the middle of the dps pissing matches that go on between 9 of the 16 classes.

Dire Charm - unlikely, and its pretty much highly situational. Basically could be used to help farm old zones.

Quick Damage, Auroria Mastery 2, Frightful Thoughts. Doubtful to no way.

All the Illusion stuff I am pretty "meh" about.

There rest are mostly ok. We are in a decent spot at the moment. Not great, but decent and much better spot than we were a year ago. While it probably isn't a big deal for grouping, the expansion of mitigation runes has been very nice for raids. It allows for enchanters to stack a bit better on raids, which has generally been a problem for the class going back to the beginning. I would like to see that role expanded upon. Illusions of Augury might be the one thing of a bit of excitement, but I'm not sure it is actually workable even if it got approval.

Mostly I am kind of disappointed because there is nothing on the list that I really say "Yea, that will be great". Most of it seems fluff. Maybe its a testament to the fact that we are doing better and we don't need something to save us at this point. And I'm not pointing any fingers, I can't really think of anything either.

And remember, those are just my opinions and, at the end of the day, doesn't mean much.
    moogs likes this.
  16. Ismel Augur

Quick Mental Contortion down to sub 1,5sec so it can be done during recast

I would really really like for
    1.) Illusions of Grandeur
    2.) Improved Twincast
    3.) Calculated Insanity

to have the same reuse, not using all 3 at the same time is silly, and them not having the same recast is just annoying.

Chromatic Haze could use a few more hit maybe up to 3 spells pr. use ?

Bite of Tashani Rk 3 with a chromatic dmg mod like the spell

extended duration for Deep sleep

Quick Blanket of Forgetfulness/Fog of Memories

an AA that cast an illusion on a charmed pet or better yet project illusion that works on pets!
    I don't really care what illusion as long as it can be shrunk and don´t have wings
    Teferi_Zebuxoruk and moogs like this.
  17. moogs Augur

I'd really like to turn some auras into AAs to free up some spell gems.
  18. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

I was going to add this to the list of my wants as well but I would really like to see a group spell that would give +Hate to the tank and -Hate to everyone else in the group. So I was waiting for new spell suggestions for that one but if not they definitely need extended duration on visages... as of now they are so annoying to recast I don't bother.

1+++
    Love all these ideas except the illusions, I think that would infringe on marketplace pet illusions, so doubtful but I wouldn't complain if we got it.
  19. Vizier Augur

please add the ability to let us use petamorph items on our charmed pets.
  20. Ismel Augur

The problem with all the marketplace ones is that, they are pet only IE charmed pet don't count, it has to be a targeted buff like Night's Dark Terror or Trickster's Augmentation

Oh new Idea add another rank to Glyph Spray that adds DoT protection.