Conqueror of Rain of Fear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drewie, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Stubar Augur

I would actually suggest pocketing ANY and ALL pets for the achievements that involve some sort of debuff, directional nuke or DoT. Any one we were having trouble with went fine for the most part once we pocketed pets.

Stupid pet classes.
  2. Falos Augur

Dear devs, don't link rewards to group or raid conquests next expansion.

Thanks. You guys took the advice to heart when I and quite a few others complained about rewards being tied to master of alaris (hunter/mercenary/partisan/conquest completion) and completely missed the point entirely by unlinking rewards to master of RoF and instead attaching the master reward to the conquest reward... lol whut?

In a perfect world conquest rewards are awesome but honestly conquest challenges are virtually never tuned in beta, it's the last thing on everyones mind when everything is getting a tuning pass. this leads to hit or miss raid and group conquests that are ultra overtuned (underfoot first creation conquests at level 85), not obtainable as the description states (obtainable but with stricter requirements) such as the whelp slaughter achievement requiring you do it in 9 minutes instead of the 15 minutes listed, or test your reflects which does not work in the way that it is described, or it leads to conquests that launch totally broken and are not fixed for several months such as the crystal caverns explosion conquest in the group mission.

Because conquests are basically slapped in untuned I don't think rewards should ever be linked to them. IF they were tested for quality assurance (and not just the missions or raids themselves) and they were specifically tuned before being launched to live servers then by all means link rewards to them.

In their current form though stop linking rewards to them.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Guild is down to missing just 2 now

- Evantil : Sneeze Guardian
    - Xorbb 1 : Flame Resistant

Sadly I don't think we will get either without a change to the achievement

But not bad for a guild who were 11th to finish T2, 8th to beat Vulak and 10th to finish T3. :)
  4. boukk_sebilis Augur

Evantil achievment needed to be change YESTERDAY.
    Shouldn't take so long to change 1 broken achievment.
  5. Fansy Augur

Supposedly upped the rate at the rare items dropping, the majority of EQ should hope this was like a 20% boost or better luck next year.
  6. Adroxia Elder

We will get Xorbb 1 even if I have to personally press the delete button on every pet owner's screen :p

The Evantil one will be a bit harder ...might have to get one of our IT members to apply to become an EQ dev, find the code and change it ourselves!

Oh, and you know of course that the SL achievement does not count until I have it!!! :D
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ditto for Xorbb 3 :p
  8. Insaneox Augur

Think drop rate could be modified a little on the rare drops! I know according to patches recently they have been increased but that seems to still be wildly low percent. Its pretty much the only items many of us seek and this achievement is borderline torture. Many are just pure luck and others require 100% focus for over what has become more time then most tend to focus. The lost focus is due in part to the endless loop of farm, farm, farm. That and the near zero odds of these rare dropping.

Baelfire Gem = 1
    Carillon Box of Lost Songs = 0
    Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye = 1
    Grelleth's Royal Seal = 2
    Heartguard = 1
    Unspoken Eye = 1

And also helm = 2

We finished T2 January 2, 2013 and a total of 8 rare items have dropped. 6 if only counting ones in the achievement. And with everything else being all/all these are the only items most are after. Really think the drop rate is way to low that means right at 1 rare per month. I'm a raid leader and opening the chest to same all/all twink loot gets boring.

Idea for the rare is to maybe open them up like I see has become case for Vulak incoming patch. Just keep the high price that they are now. As a compromise for those that did manage to finish the achievement line give them a reward window and allow them one choice from list?
    EQbud and Robnie like this.
  9. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

Exactly what I had been thinking. The cost is high enough that it really is going to matter very little, as these items at 800+ currency are still going to be ultra rare.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They need to fix the achievements so they are doable by more guilds.

In the last 2 nights we have had 2 burdens of truth drop, we hadn't seen one in months, I don't recall seeing any of the rares since the patch, but I could be wrong
  11. BoomWalker Augur

If this is the shield then I have seen it drop in 3 of 3 raids in the last 2 weeks. Amazing for the uber rare to become the common loot. But agree...the rare locked behind achievements at all is bad practice.
  12. Insaneox Augur

Nice job on 3-3 drop of shield at this point we are days from t-4 they hopefully went to someone that will get use of last few off days.

2 items I want now are helm and possible clickie. But mainly out of want not need.
  13. Filatal Augur

Our luck seems to be the opposite. 1 Baelfire, 3 Heartguards, and got our first helm on Sunday.
  14. Trajet D'Or Augur

Shards - 30 - 2 Unspoken Eye
    CC - 24
    Kael - 24 - 2 Baelfire Gem
    EW - 24
    Velishan - 25
    Feast - 23
    Evantil - 25 - 2 Heartguard
    BG - 25 - 1 Grelleth's Royal Seal
    CH - 18 - 0 Carillon Box of Lost Songs
    X1 - 9
    X2 - 9
    X3 - 9 - 1 Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye
    Chelsith - 9
    PoShadow - 8
    Total - 262 - 5 Burden of Truth
  15. Axxius Augur

2x Bifold Focus on Xorbb 3 since the last patch. Random luck, or it's working.
  16. boukk_sebilis Augur

We ve gotten 15 burden of truth so far :p
  17. Rasputyn Elder

Increasing the drop rates after 90% of the farming is done is pretty annoying. Grats Fippy in 5 years or whatever I guess.
  18. Insaneox Augur

Grats think that's more then all guilds on AB server combined.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Boukk is on AB
  20. Deillusional Augur

Burden of Truth = 2
    Unspoken Eye = 1
    Grelleth's Royal Seal = 2
    Carillon Box of Lost Songs = 3
    Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye = 3