Conqueror of Rain of Fear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drewie, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Drewie Augur

From Game Update Notes: March 13, 2013 :
    So, how many guilds have completed this achievement so far ? Or should I say, which ones are closest to completing it, since some of those achievements are near unreachable ?

My guild has been farming RoF raids for weeks now and we still miss 15 of those achievements (36/51) :
    - Temple of Veeshan : None Shall Pass + A Little Help From my Friends
    - Shard's Landing : Impressively Bad
    - Crystal Caverns : Avoiding Explosives
    - Kael Drakkel : Can't Touch That + Mass Crystal Consumption + The Angry Giant
    - Breeding Grounds 1 : Fire Fleer
    - Breeding Grounds 2 :The Scales of Velishan
    - Evantil : Sneeze Guardian
    - Grelleth's Palace : Flying a Kite
    - Chapterhouse : The Ultimate Sacrifice
    - Xorbb 1 : Flame Resistant
    - Xorbb 3 : Avert Your Gaze + Procastinators Unite

We're still working on a few of them, we might reach 40+ soon but then it gets really more difficult.
  2. Forcallen Augur

No guilds have completed it as its currently not doable. There are a few that are bugged and not able to completed and others that require every single person in raid to be on point the entire duration. Which isn't going to happen for all but a handlefull of guilds at the best.

I understand they are meant to be rare but if its truely desired to be that rare (unless the RNG loves you) then why not have just awarded the unlocker to the guild that beat all the raids first on the server.
  3. Bregan D'aerthe Journeyman

Sneeze guardian will probably be doable when Evantil will be 2-3 groups doable lol... hard enough to find 6 people that can see the aura at is I dont see 54 dodging it wich is easy if you just follow everyone else that are able to see it. That achivement will always have a chance to fail with the knock back.

On top of not been 100% sure that the event will not bug with some unkillable ants...They should reduce it to X amount of people instead or not more then 6/12 people been hit for the trouble for spending more time on this event then we should.
  4. Trajet D'Or Augur

- Temple of Veeshan : None Shall Pass - Defeat Vulak`Aerr' without allowing any Chaos Orbs to explode.
    + A Little Help From my Friends - Defeat Vulak`Aerr' with at least 2 dragon allies still alive.
    - Shard's Landing : Impressively Bad - Defeat High Priest Syltetzalvek after incorrectly identifying the murderer at least five times.
    - Crystal Caverns : Avoiding Explosives - Do not allow any of your allies to be hit by an exploding barrel.
    - Kael Drakkel : Can't Touch That - Do not allow Yelinak to absorb any crystals.
    + Mass Crystal Consumption - Allow Yelinak to absorb 24 or more crystals.
    + The Angry Giant - Keep King Tormax in his angered state throughout the entire raid.
    - Breeding Grounds 1 : Fire Fleer - Do not allow any of your allies to be hit by a blast of fire.
    - Breeding Grounds 2 :The Scales of Velishan - Defeat Velishan after she has used all forms in this order: Magic, Ice, Fire, Disease, Stone.
    - Evantil : Sneeze Guardian - Defeat the Heart of the Oak without anyone stepping into the pollen cloud.
    - Grelleth's Palace : Flying a Kite - After Grelleth has powered up, do not slay her swinetor or undead reinforcements until she is dead.
    - Chapterhouse : The Ultimate Sacrifice - Defeat Marnek after all living sacrifices have died.
    - Xorbb 1 : Flame Resistant - Do not allow anyone to be hit by a fireball.
    - Xorbb 3 : Avert Your Gaze - Defeat King Xorbb without anyone failing to avert their eyes upon the King's command.
    + Procastinators Unite - Allow six of the King's greater minions to be alive simultaneously before defeating King Xorbb.
  5. Talif Augur

Think early group tactics (hi2u zone in). It gets messy after she dies, though...
  6. Hatsee Augur

This is what I have left.

Breeding Grounds, Fire Fleer, I'm not sure if it's broken or if we just always have a baddie that eats a fireball, does anyone have this?

Xorbb 1, flame resistant, is only doable by gating out. Which I would assume is cheating wrong, but we've beaten it so many times I'm fine with doing it just to get it done at this point, we have little real trouble killing the event.

Evantil, Sneeze Guardian, I'm going to say it's almost impossible. When you engage it seems like at least a few people get ported to the center area, so this is almost impossible to avoid.

Crystal Caverns, Avoiding Explosives, We haven't actually tried it, it's probably doable though with some luck. I'd guess that burning the orcs when they spawn will be the key here, getting 1-2 barrels tossed versus 10-20 will help.

Kael, Angry Giant, How do you make him angry and is it possible to even keep him that way the entire time? We beta tested the event and this never came up at all.

Kael, Mass Crystal Consumption, I guessed this would take an hour, someone else said it would only be 40+ minutes, either way we haven't tried it as you can't possibly get people to pay attention that long to do an achievement that makes no sense.

All of the above should probably be changed, a few others could use some work as well but they are definitely doable.
  7. Axxius Augur

Yep. Since last December.
  8. Gladare Augur

His anger builds if he's tanked away from the crystal. His anger is reduced by the crystal. I forget exactly how it happens, but there are emotes.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I believe we have this one, not positive, I just logged my toons, I could be wrong but I know we tried for it one night and it did take a fair while but doesn't seem too onerous.
  10. Falos Augur

They seriously need to stop linking rewards to these stupid conquest achievements. It was a bad idea in alaris (I did it anyway) and it's a bad idea now.

Raid conquests often end up always having at least 1 "challenge" that is not obtainable until a level cap increase (or multiple level cap increases: Hi convorteum raid), or sometimes the conquest is flatout bugged and wont unlock.

Furthermore there are a couple rof group conquests that will not be doable in group gear.. meaning both the raid and group conquest achievements are raid only achievements at the moment. MOST of the group conquests are doable with persistence or skill but still there are a couple that will require a level cap increase without raid gear.

Either way... Move the raid conquest reward to the achievement linked to beating all the raids in the expansion, and move the group conquest reward to "master of Rain of Fear"

Thanks.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Breeding Grounds - fingers crossed we get those who can do emotes on the platforms hopefully we will get it done next week. Not worked on the 2 conquests in Breeding grounds 2 yet, soon I hope, the scales looks do able not sure about the stripping of scales.

Xorbb 1 & Evantil - Prolly need changing to make them doable. - has anyone got these 2?

Crystal Caverns - We need to get the avoiding Explosive one as well, not tried it yet, but it may need tuning down if it is anything like the group one was.

Kael - We got angry giant done last night wasn't too hard, we only got 14 crystals consumed, but we know what we are doing for next time, just need to let the crystals spawn and the players not consume them. Looks very doable.

We also have the 2 in NTOV left to try and the 2 in Xorbb 3, someone always fails that damn emote to look away! Not tried the other one yet.

Grelleth - Not tried the Power up one, without killing the adds till the end, its on the to do list.

Shards Landing - not done the 5 fails, the AE was evil with 1 fail, I hate to think what it is like with 5.

Chapter House - eat all 4 living beings, not tried this but when he ate 1 it was bad, not looking forward to him eating all 4.
  12. Trajet D'Or Augur

So Sneeze Guardian needs looking at, operating on the assumption that atleast once all RoI players avoided fireballs you probably have to do the raid without auras and Devs should clarify if Flame Resistant is a hint at a tactic or alter that achievement.
  13. Hatsee Augur

I never said they don't need changing.

I'm just unsure of how to change some of them, Flame Resistant my best guess is the only way it's doable is if in beta we all gain around 20-30% dps and burning it to the ground before fireballs happen. Which means, I guess, that maybe if they felt kind they could cut the hp on the thing 50% which would make it easily doable for the top few guilds and give those lower down enough breathing room to probably get it. But that's a guess, I really have no idea what everyone else does here.
  14. Axxius Augur

That's actually very easy. Stop when he is at 11%, let him kill the 4 victims, tough it out for a minute and burn him dead.
  15. Trajet D'Or Augur

Sure they might need changing, how much of a clusterhalfling was the last 11% of Chapterhouse with all the sacrifices dead? If guessing wrong murderer 5 times guaranteed a Burden of Truth in the raid chest could even RoI reliably win the raid that way?

But as an update from: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-03-05-13.4293/ when Chandrok asks for feedback with post #65 the only raid achievements no one has reported completing are Sneeze Guardian and Mass Crystal Consumption and the issue with MCC is why do it, not that it would be all that difficult to do it.
  16. Qwestwic Augur

Seeing as how we already have the incorrect murderer achievement I'd say yes ;p
  17. Trajet D'Or Augur

Yes, you got the achievement. But that could mean you won 1 out of 10 times trying for the achievement. Although maybe you would add an extra raid day if it guaranteed you a Burden of Truth.
  18. Hatsee Augur

What made it hard was the first time we tried for it and beat the event it didn't update so we probably failed as it wasn't 5 unique fails.

The second go at it took a long time because to fail it is harder than guessing correctly, give it a shot and you'll see what I mean. Then even after you get your 5 fails you have to guess correctly off I think it was 4-5 clues? That's a bit rough too.

But the actual AE and the boss aren't that much more difficult.
  19. Trajet D'Or Augur

So after 5 fails the clues are still in the same order? Only time we've solved it in the first 5 clues was when the Kunark clue alone narrowed it down to 2 people.
  20. boukk_sebilis Augur

Red = ones I think need changed imperatively, green = need changed probably.