Congrats <M E S S> on EoV on Mangler!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EnchFWO, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Sad Panda Elder

how did you guys figure out the strat?
  2. Fizon Augur

Whoa hold up. Blowin my mind with all that originality.
  3. Clove New Member

As a non Mangler player that has dealt with Mess in the past: only l33t haxx these guys use are tight gameplay and d*ck jokes.

Grats on the kill M E S S. Have fun before Kunark hits
  4. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Like the Dungeon Master said, the Magic and Melee war band is an absolute force of nature - and we are only concerned with our own progress. The solid reputation we have earned as a guild since the serve launched speaks for itself.

If you're an adventurer looking to sign up with a great bunch of players, seek us out. We'd love to have you. ^_^
  5. Guzzle Augur

So let me get this straight... you read (paraphrasing) "we wont chase or race for server firsts", and probably also skipped over where I said "if they're there we will get them without going out of our way".. and use that as some way to dispute what I've stated here?

Are you saying we aren't allowed to celebrate, and make a guild news post, when we do get server first kills? Just because we dont actively chase them or plan around them, we aren't allowed to be happy when we do get them?

Leadership does not care about server firsts - in the sense that we will not go out of our way to obtain them. We will not steer the guild in a direction which indicates that we care about grabbing server firsts. We, as leadership, are not upset about any server first targets being obtained by other guilds. Hence why we didn't chase EoV.

If you're going to question our authenticity, or our mentality, you had better think your position through before making yourself look foolish by making nonsensical arguments.
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  6. phaeril Augur

So not just keying one person, then using /rewind ?

Then a string of bards at bard speed with their FPS cranked way down on the jump so they get further distance to make the longer jumps?

Or dotting with a necro, dragging the corpse, and rezzing since that's a thing for a couple weeks still, right?

Pulling quest mobs up to 7 for that huge social aggro then bringing it all down to 3 or 1 or wherever it doesn't matter. Pretty sure the safe effect can be achieved by dragging up the skinless gym bats.

Or did you use some super secret elite hacks to solve the mystery of "why are the windmills clickable?" that made EoV jump to you and suicide while still leaving a corpse of disappointment?

Sky is solved, grats on killing EoV.
  7. ** Dragonslayer ** Journeyman

congrats on your kill nothing wrong with saving time I think a lot of raiding guilds do that , I think we are going to go all the way up though and do it how it was intended just for that true classic experience if my members don't uprise on me lol. then use the short cut to shorting those sky raids nobody got time to stay there longer then needed haha
  8. Xeris Augur

Grats Mess !!
  9. omgomg Lorekeeper

server firsts are something to be happy about, but the guild is not actively seeking them

not real hard to understand
    Tankz likes this.
  10. Zavrix New Member

[IMG]

But seriously, the arguing in this thread is kinda silly, and should probably stop.

Okay, M E S S killed EoV first, that's great, congrats to them. Magic and Melee killed CT and Inny first, that's great, congrats to us. The leadership of both sides have clearly stated that they're not actively pushing hard for server firsts, however if one or more are available at no inconvenience to their respective raiding forces, sure they'll go and get them. It's pretty simple, so I fail to see where the confusion and accusations of anything otherwise comes into play, beyond people who are just trying to troll to get their rocks off.

I was one of the first individuals to apply to Magic and Melee, prior to the launch of Mangler, and have since been made an officer. I have had more fun with this group of people than I ever have in EQ before, which says a lot since I've been playing off and on for the past 17 years. I can personally attest to the lack of pressure for server firsts, or anything raid related for that matter. The primary leadership of this guild is superb, I can't think of a better trio to be herding our massive group of metaphorical cats.

So, to all M E S S and M&M members, I say this; let's move on. Things were killed first on multiple fronts, that's great, congrats to those involved. Both entities will surely continue to kill the same raid bosses many times over the course of Classic, so in the long run server firsts really don't mean all that much, except to maybe a select few (especially since there's no hardcore batphone guild on the server). I'd like to see these two guilds go back to the spirit of the first Dragon kills on the server, when we joined forces to take down Naggy and Vox to open the planes and the Hole. That was nice, wasn't it? I think so, so lets try to get back to that place again, and get away from all the squabbling.
  11. Bewts Augur

So fighting unrooted mobs off their spawn is now an exploit? Technically people have always keyed up to advance in Sky, but given the size of guilds the increased difficulty via no focuses and motm buffs, people have started thinking outside the box to overcome the inherent key limitation in Sky (amongst other encounters with traditional strategies).

That means you key up XX people to clear and then once cleared you pull the boss into the teeth of 60-80-120 people waiting a few islands back who didn’t get keyed.

This isn’t an exploit, it is the natural development that steps away from traditional thinking with new and creative (or long forgotten) strategies.

People upset with the evolution of new strategies are the same people who shunned, jailed and called a fool the first to bring us fire, the wheel, flight, or even the idea that we were circling the sun in a globe insead of the sun circling a flat earth. Your inability to accept new ideas is exactly what held you back from being the first to clear content.
    raylone likes this.
  12. Guzzle Augur

I think people that are claiming they exploited and care are claiming they exploited because of the encounter being designed to leash when pulling off of Island 7, where most people kill Eye.

I don't think it's an exploit - it's definitely circumventing the mechanics, though, and you can't really argue against that.

That said, I blame DBG for not revisiting such a heinous key design. Artificially limiting progress is beyond frustrating and tedious. Sky should be a challenge to progress through, not just doing quick visits for keys multiple weeks in a row.

Great post by Zaviere, and I agree with everything he said.

I think what a lot of people don't realize is how closely in contact with each other M&M and Mess are. Please stop acting like jerks and play nice - we've, overall, got a good thing going here on Mangler. No need to chop it up over a server first that doesn't ultimately matter to the leadership of either guild.
  13. millaa Journeyman

Hats off to the benevolent peacekeepers on both sides, but you guys are ruining my at-work entertainment.

Clearly several members of the losing guild disagree and have very dry, salty rectums. Too much salt dehydrates your rectum and can lead to bloody, painful stools.

Tankz likes this.
  14. Hirbow Augur

There's a reason that after 4 pages worth of threads, there's no Screenshot of the kill . Have a nice day sweetie !!!
  15. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Magic & Melee Dungeon Master's leading us to victory ^_^

16. ** Dragonslayer ** Journeyman

I mean lets be fair both of you are competing for server first or you wouldn't be posting on Everquest forms about beating so and so mob first. atm however I think Mess has you beat they did beat the expansion first maybe you guys can show them whos boss in Kunark
  17. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Actually dude, we've never posted here about beating so and so mobs first.

The post you might be referring to was about our Cazic / Innoruuk kills put up by someone from the Mangler community, not by anyone from Magic & Melee.

When that thread came up I went ahead and shared some screen shots of our server first kills because like DM Guzzle said earlier in the thread, we're not ashamed of kicking and and taking names. ^_^

Clearing Sky is just a matter of time for us, mechanics exploit free of course.
  18. ** Dragonslayer ** Journeyman

if you say so im only going by what I have seen, lol brag and kick that man! not much in mechanics in sky ill help you.... key kill key kill key kill take DT kill take DT kill blah blah you're welcome
  19. Ceffener Augur

I’ve already beat all the bosses in my mind.
  20. Stagentti Augur

Congrats on the kill!

Personally have had 0 issues with M E S S on the server. Which is a nice change of pace because on the others I've played on the bigger guilds (best guilds? Idk right term to use) have been annoying/aggressive.

Got to 50 by the first Tuesday primarily due to your guild being bros and inviting into guild groups on my cleric even if you didn't need another healer. And fun to chat with.

So grats again and goodluck!
  21. Tiffy31 Elder

I dont really see how this turned into a MESS vs M&M thing. I am in M&M but leveling up on the server in those first few days on my way to 50 I grouped with mostly MESS members. It was a great experience and I didnt have any issues with any MESS member. I hardly see anything in guild chat directed towards MESS and if something is brought up the officers are quick to tell them not to worry about what other guilds are doing. We arent in any type of competition for MESS over kills so no idea where people seem to be getting that idea from. The only reason we even got those server first kills is because we just happened to be doing Hate/Fear that night and I think MESS was doing Naggy/Vox. I think they ended up getting kills right after us which means if it had been one of our non-raid nights the server first would have gone to them. On Tuesday night we had more than enough people sitting at the Fear portal when they ran through so we could easily had tried to contest their kills but the topic never even came up. We did our own thing and farmed instances to get gear for people. We didnt even attempt CT because it was after scheduled raid times and we arent some hardcore batphone guild thats going to keep people awake just to kill 20 year old content. So again no idea where people seem to be getting the idea that this is somehow Amtrak vs Faceless 2.0.
    Gorgol the Ogre and Guzzle like this.