Congrats <M E S S> on EoV on Mangler!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EnchFWO, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Phaedren New Member

You obviously care. That’s the point. If you didn’t you wouldn’t have taken the time to comment. Deflecting your investment to me doesn’t change that in any way.
  2. Fizon Augur

Yeah your totally not upset lol! It wasn't even a race man why you so mad.
  3. Byun Elder

Lol ok. Good day man.
  4. millaa Journeyman

Pulling is not an exploit unless 3rd party programs are involved. Raid bosses in other zones and expansions are pulled to optimal locations all the time.

If you are accusing people of cheat program usage, just say it. If you are accusing people of pulling a mob, they are using in-game mechanics. If dbg feels this is not appropriate, they will patch, like they did Emp.
  5. Atabishii Elder

Congrats on clearing the Island 6 Bee event and getting the Eye of Veeshan. @Byun, the bee event hasn't been nerfed. Queen still quads for 759, same hp, still same deathtouch timers and same 300 range 360degree aoe disease. In actuality, the Bee event, and pretty much any raid boss on Mangler is harder than they have ever been on any prior TLP. Not only do we not have focuses, but most if not all bugs/exploits used on prior TLP's have been fixed by now, on top of all of the out of era potions, items, and resist buffs that were available on many of the prior TLP's being finally removed.
  6. GlareAgnarr Journeyman

Apparently not the exploit we used to kill EoV though! :rolleyes:

*edit* Thanks
  7. Ceffener Augur

Let’s not get all crazy here. Sky takes long enough already!

Congrats on the kill guys!

(I think the trash talking people are doing in this post is stupid. But if someone wants to trash talk please get Ice-T involved so it’s more amusing)
    millaa likes this.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

Were the bosses still death touching?
  9. GlareAgnarr Journeyman

Would it be classic without Deathtouch?
  10. Atabishii Elder

The exploit, and I use that term loosely, to pull Eye of Veeshan down used on all other prior TLP's for server first has actually been fixed. Prior TLP server firsts eye (on the servers that actually had people racing) would only key the minimum amount up to 7 and pull her down ultimately bringing her to island 2. Unless there is a new bug specific to mangler, you can no longer do this without extended range so you would have to key people to 8 and pull her to the edge. The part they fixed is that Eye is now coded to drop aggro if you try to pull her from the edge of island 7 down to island 2, and will start a long roam path through island 7 back up to 8, where there used to be another bug where she would sometimes warp to island 1 while pathing through 7, this is now fixed as well.

Alternatively, you could set up an elaborate pull team to just pull her down each island 1 at a time to whatever island you wanted to fight her on. This is also now fixed as if you try to take her anywhere past island 5, she is now coded to warp to GM island and sit there.

So either a brand new exploit has been found, or there was some wild crazy .01% chance bug that happened when you attempted to pull her as other prior guilds on past TLP's did which resulted in the Eye landing on island 3, where you killed her.

Not accusing you guys of anything, but I stand by what I said that the methods used on prior TLP's have been fixed and there must have been some wild crazy .01% chance bug that happened.
  11. Punchu Augur

Lol are people really freaking out about down pulling mobs in sky. Lot of first sky raids on Mangler I see.
  12. GlareAgnarr Journeyman

Nailed it.

We tried pulling her to 2. She leashed at the ledge of 7 as you explained she should. Instead of pathing east back to Island 8, she pathed West towards Island 3. One of our druids noticed, ran up, snared her, and someone tagged her down after he got DT'd.
    Skyler likes this.
  13. Fhiele Augur

I wish I was that druid, but I wasn't. Bees really did go down fast compared to Agnarr, and on Agnarr there were focus effects, spirituality potions, etc.
  14. taliefer Augur

this is mostly whats going on here. there are a ton of people on Mangler who havent played EQ in 15+ years, and think anything that isnt done now how it was done then, must be an exploit.

hence this thread.

on topic, grats mess on the kill
    GlareAgnarr likes this.
  15. Zevron New Member

You know the irony of the situation is I was going to stream the raid, but I didn't because it was OW and I didn't want ACTUAL cheaters to warp to us and screw our raid over. We discussed turning on the stream after we did Sister so the server could watch us do it legit, but I still didn't want to as we had planned to fight it on Island 2 which a LOT of people have access to.

I believe our pull team was like 2 rangers and 2-3 monks and a druid who got a deeeep snare off as she was flying by Island 3. It's literally how every other long pull is done. Sacrifice a ranger, tag off, tag off, run, run, tag off, run, and mob is in camp.

If that's the "cheese" being referred to, you're right. That's what we did. Pull a mob and run them to our raid. That's all. No one warped. No one used far-taunt or whatever garbage Selos has going on. We just had 250 range bows and javelins.

I'm pretty sure M&M will reproduce this to save them a lot of headache keying their raid force. Then they can let you know it's 100% legit. And if they full key their raid, that's cool too.

Zevron
  16. Dominate Augur

Grats M E S S!

Bee's are the real hurdle. I see your screenshot on Sister(?) island, which means you did Queen. After that, EoV can be done with 3-4 groups in Classic.
  17. Ceffener Augur

Are we actually concerned about this? Personally have seen 0 people warping on Mangler.
  18. Atabishii Elder

Although I'm completely aware of how to do the pulls, and don't really think it needs to involve as many bodies as you supplied for it, if my read on the guild is correct I would assume they'll decide to just kill it up on island 7 or 8. Despite the many "lawl shoulda been keying comments" directed at us, we started farming spiroc/bees an entire day before you guys first stepped on to island 5, so we've been good on keys already.
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  19. Phaedren New Member

I saw the one guy posting about an exploit, but he wasn’t a confirmed M&M member. Other than that I don’t think anyone from M&M has had any issue.
  20. Guzzle Augur

I was unaware that vocal membership equated to leaderships direction for the guild. They do not speak on behalf of leadership, and you would do well to not assume they do.

Every guild will have people that want to race and be first - and that's okay! We are very upfront with our members that we will never structure something in a way that we go out of our way to do something that is server first. If it's there - like CT and Inny were - and we plan to go there anyways, then we will absolutely take a shot at it.

We will not, however, officially attempt server firsts on non raid nights and without all people that can possibly be there present. This means that circumventing game mechanics in place to kill something is not in our interests.

Our focus has been, and remains set on, splitting content to generate the best loot per hour for our members.

But, hey, great counter argument I guess!
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.