Conflagrant tradeskill items should advance tradeskill past 300 but do not

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mezz, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Mezz Lorekeeper

Unless I am just totally missing it, it does not appear that learning conflagrant tradeskill recipes are advancing tradeskills past 300. I have made plenty of conflagrant tradeskill gear, and not seen a single improve. I did to an outputfile command for blacksmithing to check, and it does list conflagrant gear in the list, so they SHOULD help improve the skills.
  2. Moege Augur

It does, I had a skillup on tinkering and jewelcraft.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've had a skill up on fishing and research doing Conflagrant stuff. Also had a couple of skill ups while doing Cresta earring on fletching, tailoring and jewelcraft.
  4. Drewie Augur

If they are in the outputfile then they do count. Either you didn't reach yet the required number of recipes for the next point in that tradeskill, or you didn't unlock the next skill cap (310, 320 ...) with the corresponding Mastery AA.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  5. EnchFWO Augur

Can absolutely confirm they count... one of the ways I avoided some of the worst smithing combines getting to 350. For smithing particularly its around 27 combines per skill point so if you aren't seeing a skill up its probably because you haven't hit it yet like someone above said.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

What the others said - they count! You probably just haven't done enough of them to reach the next skillpoint yet.
  7. Mezz Lorekeeper

Thanks guys. Glad to see others are getting improves.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You are, too. I just don't think you understand how skill gains post-300 work.

Two important points.

1. You have to spend AA to be eligible for the gains. Each AA allows 5 skillups for the tradeskill in question. But not to worry, if you don't have the AA to allow skillups, when you get the AA later, any new recipes you learn will count at that time.

2. You gain skills by learning new recipes. Nothing random about it. Each tradeskill has a different # of recipes needed to get a skillup. For fishing, it's 2-3 recipes per skillup, for JC it's ~26, and for research, it's in the 50s. The others are all spread between there. Once you learn that many new recipes in that tradeskill, then you get a skillup (provided you have the AA to unlock said skillup, see #1)

So, even if you've done lots of RoS combines, if there haven't been enough in one particular tradeskill, you won't see a skillup. BUT, you DID learn the recipe, so you are getting the benefit.

Get enough new recipes in one tradeskill, and have the AAs to unlock the skillups, and you will see skillups.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I got a baking-skillup from learning one of the sub-combines involved in the new kunark meat-pie recipe. :)

Technically not a conflagrant recipe, but RoS-recipes do count.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The Phlogiston "final" combines will not, BTW. It's because they are "auto-learn." (and no-fail)
    Making the kits does count.
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The kits can only be made from a No Trade raid drop, meaning they require raid access and imply exclusivity. Should they count toward that list? It would be silly to remove them from the list now, just pointing it out for future consideration.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Stephen51 Augur

Not wishing to hammer the nail in here, just add to the data. I got a JC skill up 321 for pear-shaped conflagrant diamond.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Likewise, I got skillups for fishing combines (subs and final) working on the conflagrant cloaks.
  14. Swiss Augur

A lot of things that count were rare from raid items of their day. In the future people will be able to get these easier and they will be less desired for actual gear use with a new expansion.

I understand your point as well but do consider the number of these kits is 7(?) including tinkering spread across different tradeskills so those are easily skipped as 350 was put in before RoS. A tiny bonus for doing a raid is a nice perk I think and people will be able to go back or join open raids as we pass them in terms of player power.
    EnchFWO and Koryu like this.