Conflagrant? HAs difficulty increase?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Heajol, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Heajol Augur

So now that the HAs have been buffed at level 106-110, I'm wondering what path is more effective? Path 1 - Stay level 105 or lower and do content until I run out of content to do & then level to 110, repeat, and then level to 115 if I eventually get there. Path 2 - Level to 106 & gear into Conflagrant (pretty easy to get), but deal with harder missions and HAs due to the level increase.

I have to say it's tempting to level to 106 and equip Conflagrant gear. However, I'm six boxing and may not be able to complete missions and HAs if I level past 105 because of the difficulty jump. Even if I five box with a cleric merc. I'm concerned about the jump in difficulty in HAs from level 105 to level 106.

Thoughts? Has anyone had a chance to really test this yet or is it those of us who are levelling right now who really get to test this? =\

As an aside, I'm currently working on CoTF / CoTF HAs right now and my highest level is 103 paladin / 102 bard. I just don't know if I should level to 106 or stick to level 105.
  2. Heajol Augur

So a lot of views but no replies. The issue is how hard are the 106+ HAs now with the change to RoS scaled difficulty. Also I've seen some posting that there are bugged mobs that will just one round you even if you are properly geared, level 110+ etc.

I'm doing fine on COTF HAs and am ready to start trying TDS HAs. The TDS, TBM, EoK HAs all cap at a scale of 105? I guess I'll just level and whether I can do HAs or not at 106+ maybe won't matter in the long run. There is plenty of content to do .. I mean plenty! But this is frustrating from someone who is just now levelling up .. I can't be the only person returning and levelling up, even if the numbers of people in my situation are small. I guess I'm seeing posts in the "Veterans Lounge" that make me think that the difficulty of HAs is much higher now and some seem to be bugged. I'm not at that content yet so I can't honestly tell.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Sorry, I haven't done HA's in a long time (years for most, and at least 4-5 months for the Gnome Mountain HA) so I can't give any reasonable perspective.

If you are of the mind that 106 will have that high of a potential to be a difference maker (and you may be right) . . . I say ding 106, equip that gear, try that mission. If it is truly the huge difficulty jump, then just delevel and stay at 105 until you're ready to move on.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

I think you are getting views and not replies because people can't answer your questions. Being 105 with conflagrant gear is a very niche group of people. I think if people had accurate information then they would be answering you.

For my box mage I just leveled outside of the HAs and at 110 you can get ToV T1 armor. It sounds like you want to move slower (in level) through the content so this would be advice which doesn't cater to your goals.

For me, I would say do hunter, merc and partisan while leveling to 110, and then at 110 get ToV T1 for you tank, then do the HAs.

Unfortunately a group of 2box with 2 mercs is going to make most HAs challenging.

Hopefully the Devs will revisit the HAs and determine if they are really broken.

Personally I think re-tuning old content is a mistake.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  5. Heajol Augur

Not sure I really want to move slower .. really I want to learn the game better so that I'm not "dead weight" at level 110-115. Just trying to be realistic. And realistically I'm not ready for TBL-TOV content yet. Not sure how expensive T1 ToV armor is, but I would have to buy it from the bazaar.

Also - what is Secret Dawn armor? I can't seem to find much about it. I'm guessing it's TBL tradeskill armor? What tier is it equivalent to?

Thankfully I'm not two boxing, I just listed my two highest level toons.

And I agree re-tuning content that has been easier for those who've already passed through it is a challenge. Sorry I missed the boat. On the positive side though it looks as though you can equip ToV armor without owning the expansion since RoS is FTP now making level 110 possible without buying an expansion.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

Yes, Secret Dawn is TBL tier 3 (tradeskilled armor - http://www.eqtraders.com/search/search.php and search secret dawn ). The tradeskill portion creates a container with relatively common items (but has a high trivial to complete), and you need a no drop item from tier 2 nameds and/or the various missions chests in TBL to complete the final no-fail combine.
  7. TYBARIS Journeyman

I came back a few months ago and I read about GMM was the thing to do for XP and gear. I was lvl 105 warrior around 135k hp pretty sure was ROA raid gear and my 105 bard box. I did the GMM mission wasn't pretty but I did it, since the patch I have ran it a few times at 110l lvl and I can say the mobs seem to have more hp and sometimes get some lucky rounds in. I leveled up in FM and did alot in EOK zones such as Chardok for some of the trash slot 5 augs and camped a few of the named for augs. I am now doing some stuff in ROS and wondering about if I should try TBL or jump into the new expansion. I would for sure get some of the nice augs in EOK if you havent at lvl 110 alot of the mobs are light blue now. I think i would level at my own pace and try and do some of the side quests and try to do the group mission when you can.
  8. Inga Elder

I think there is a bug related to mob status that probably affects all HA.
    I will post about it at Bug Reports forum when I have enough time.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

EoK, RoS and TBL armor is all no-trade. There are no meaningful options other than conflagrant without farming the gear or rots. RoS T2 is a slight increase for a lot of work and plat. You need the EoK T2 Selrach to make the T1 RoS scale touched to make the T2 scaled.

Selrach -> Scale Touched -> Scaled. That's not just the order of strength, you have to make each to make the next.

Selrach 607 AC, 4530 HP
    Scale Touched 644 AC, 4785 HP
    Conflagrant BP 681 AC, 5035 HP
    Scaled 718 AC, 5285 HP

So for tradable armor, you are stuck with conflagrant.

Now, if you can get rots from TBL, which almost everything T1 rots...

Weeping 758 AC 5646 hp

TBL T1 will require that you get a rot, but the cost of making each piece will be substantially less than making RoS T2 and will probably still be cheaper than Conflagrant is to purchase.

TBL T1 holds the same rec 106 req 110 penalties as conflagrant. The barrier is getting the item of course, but it is the much better route. Since you are not 106 yet anyway, just keep an eye out for rots, and occasionally mention in general chat you are looking for TBL rots. You tank carries your group so only the tank needs that TBL T1. The rest will do just fine with Conflagrant I think.

As for when to Ding 106, thats up to you, but make sure you have most of you necessary AA on your paladin. Worse case you can ding 106 on paladin, go tank a mission and if it sucks just de-level. Try some missions before building a meaningful buffer.
    eepok likes this.
  10. Snack Augur

My personal opinion is that if you can run GMM, level to 110, load up on Conflagrant (at least the visibles) at 106 and save the chest loot in GMM for 110. At 110, you can switch out to Snowbound (getting cheaper by the minute in the /baz) OR you can ask for rots from Tyrant (plus leech the Ifrit coins). I can't help you past that cause I am barely past that.
  11. Heajol Augur

Thanks Snack, but I think that is way past where I'm at. Best I can do is to occasionally (very rarely) leech the Ifrit coins. I have gotten two task adds to Fight Fire on my monk. That's about it. I don't think I can get rots from Tyrant - I have to do a lot of prerequisites for that don't I? Also, I can't run GMMs with my box group or get into it with a paladin who can't tank anything. Thanks for offering suggestions though! It's just the content you're mentioning is far beyond what I'm capable of.
  12. Snack Augur

Sorry, thought I read that you were able to do GMM. Then my suggestion would be to hit 106, grab as much conflagrant as you can and then pick an expansion and do progression. I recently did complete CoTF progression with my box group and am through most of TDS (have yet do do Arx and have not finished Dredge hunter). Lots of content. I think EoK might be tough with that group makeup, and TBM gave me some headaches at those levels.

You don't need to do any progression to get TAs to Tyrant, the zone in is from PoF. So if you can get TAs and beg the rots, you can get a decent amount of stuff fairly easily.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I see from your initial post you are working on CotF, finish that, CotF was when the introduced ther Heroic Fortitude, vitality, etc from completing zones, completing these will only help you.

Get the dailys from Clauton Teek every day, sometimes you get a HA you cannot do, but more often then not you can and they can help with the leveling at the levels you are at.

If your able do the first quest in TBM to get the mirror to open up more dailys. The same with TDS. TDS is pretty easy to do until you get to Endless Song.

Good luck and have fun. :)
  14. Snack Augur

Man, I hate Caverns. Most of the difficulty is moving a box group around -- lots of geometry to get stuck on. Plus some underwater fighting which is always a treat.

The heroic vitality, etc is a good point. That's why I went back and started doing CoTF...I was severely lacking on those and am always looking for a bit more AC for the tank.
    Yinla likes this.