conflagrant charm of security not working properly

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghubuk, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Hey, gives us something to do!
  2. Bigstomp Augur

They used to be, but at least in EoK the go to charm was the class armor one.
    It used to be the class armor one was weaker but good for lazy people, and the progression based one was slightly better.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You have become better at "fixing" things that aren't broken! (355)

I mean, why should 1 of 21 gear slots that has the exact same stat range and stat increase every expansion be "instantly" full power (like every other piece of gear you loot)? Totally worth making it not worth wearing until you completely gear up in new expansion raid visibles, AND the bonus that it will be not worth wearing once you upgrade a piece of gear the next expansion!

Just to be clear, there are only 2 charm types still for raid gear, right? One for all class armor and one for progression?

I mean, in the past we had language skill ones, currency on you ones, weight ones, all of which were also full power the moment you looted them (or the moment you took 5 seconds to maintain the easy to deal with requirements).

No one has ever used, or wanted to use any of the variable ones (time of day, number of guild members in zone, number of healers in group, amount of undead nearby, whatever). That kind of concept only had merit when it was a "special" slot which had items with much different stats than available on gear. Since it has been standardized there is no point. Not even flavor, its just wasted itemization, like making 5 different cloaks when everyone wants 1 of 2, or just takes whatever, because the stats are so similar outside of the ones with high ac that it doesn't matter.

Just take off the requirements entirely and make it a basic slot item. Or VASTLY increase the possible stats and make it seriously more variable and based off less controllable things. Anything else is simply poor development.

The status quo was fine. People could get their normal upgrade, or could quickly or slowly depending on their speed, get something a little better after doing all progression. Not sure what is wrong with that.
  4. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

By "RoS gear", is the conflagrant crafted armor included as well as RoS group/raid armor? Would be really silly if not, seeing as how it's a crafted charm. But I, too, would like to know before I blow any cash or materials on one.
  5. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Would be greatly appreciated. :)
  6. Zarzac Augur

I think the solution here is to simplify it.

Make just 2 or 3 different charms and have them ALL be based on expansion progression. The time for the other things charms were based on previously has passed. Progression will work for every expansion and stay current into the next expansion.
    svann likes this.
  7. narksar Augur

I'm guessing that's somewhat the point.