Comparing Tank Items in Planes of Power

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Slayerwolf, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Slayerwolf Elder

I was wondering how a Shadowknight at 65 should rank items for tanking purposes.

I'm thinking something like 1 heroic stamina = 2 heroic agility = 4 AC = 20 HP?

I would like someone else's opinion on the relative importance. Sometimes you have to choose between more AC/HP or heroic agility or heroic stamina.
  2. Xhartor Augur

In most cases during PoP, it's better to go with the hSta or hAgi item.
    In LDoN the AC augs better long terms buys, but the hSta and hAgi are better in the short term(See Agnarr).

When you get GoD and OoW the 35 point for the main stats should be fairly easy to reach. After which the difference is more minor until you get SoF and heroic stats on items seriously increases.
  3. Lemerian Elder

Heroic stamina and agility are worth far more than 4 AC or 20 HP.

Right now, there's nothing you should prioritize more than those two.
  4. Mrjon3s Augur

You should hit 35 hsta and 35 hagi then go hstr / hdex.
  5. Xeris Augur

You can't get 35 stay and agi as a tank in pop/ldon I'm fairly certain. I think. But yes generally heroic sta and agi are best to prioritize, then ac, then hp.

During ldon a maxed tank can easily have over 1,000 ac.
  6. Terranos Elder

This worked pretty well for me on Aradune, not the word of God or anything, more like a set of guidelines.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

What expansion is it that knights can start stepping in as main tanks for pretty much any raid content?
  8. Hamshire Augur

If you talking joining the raid boss tank line up on everything I believe its Rain of Fear when they get a version of warrior defensive?
  9. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah I was wondering when you could sub in a knight, specifically an SK, as the main raid tank.
  10. Xeris Augur

Knights can pretty much main tank everything from Luclin onwards. My sk can tank just as well as any warrior in pop/ldon, and the aggro generation is much better.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

Raid mobs?
  12. Xeris Augur

Yes. In Luclin in era I was tanking VT mobs. I can tank anything in potime.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Xeris is on Agnarr.. and probably BIS at this point. The average raid SK is not going to tank like a warrior in POT until deep into POP.

That said, the general advice is HSTA is the best, it's a game changer.
  14. Xeris Augur

Even when we were actually progressing on Agnarr I was tanking in Luclin and through POP. The only things I didn't tank in pop when we were progressing were TZ and RZ. Every other boss I could easily tank. About Midway through ldon I could tank tz and rallos.

Now because I am bis it's a cakewalk. But point is that in a strong raid guild during progression, most high RA tanks should be mostly bis geared, and should be able to tank almost any raid mobs. Maybe it was a bit diff in my guild because we did loot council and funneled gear to tanks, but I was tanking most stuff thru progression.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Tanking one era behind content with BiS gear isn't really the same as being on par with warriors.

Lots of guilds have knights tank content that's been on farm for months just to spice things up a bit.
  16. Xeris Augur

Not sure what you mean by that... I was tanking VT in Luclin and potime during POP on Agnarr, when the server was actually progressing through those expansions.
  17. Xhartor Augur

I am pretty it's more about have extra AA to use glyphs, then being BiS geared.
  18. Lemerian Elder

Not sure why this thread became a measuring contest, but warriors are better at taking damage, regardless of if knights can tank some raid mobs in era. They get one off their DI roll, and that alone is huge, plus defensive. There's a reason a knight is never tanking aow or rallos Zek at the start. And even when they can it's likely they're taking more healer mana to do it.

If a knight can tank, it's worthwhile because of aggro generation, but let's not pretend they're equals.
  19. Xhartor Augur

If you have personal AA generation to regularly use Dragonscale glyph anyone who can hold aggro can tank the raid boss in time. On Agnarr I have seen an Enchanter tank RZ and Quarm while using Glyphs.
  20. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Heroics are insanely overpowered due to them consolidating multiple mod2 lines into each stat. Every item that would have originally given stun resistance or shielding now gives both, and the same is true of strikethrough and avoidance on hAGI items, making any items with heroics much stronger than they ever were in era.

It makes a huge difference. I don't think it was actually possible for a tank to have maxed shielding in era during PoP/LDoN originally and it's fairly easy to reach that mark now, which makes super high damage bonus mobs like Tallon much, much more manageable.