Communication is missing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Infectings, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infectings New Member

Information is missing all around.
    How can servers be down for 5 hrs before you announce you are investigating? How can you then suddenly change that message to scheduled maintenance, that has in no way or form been communicated to your playerbase?Why have we not heard a thing about what DPG thinks about this whole situation? I mean you could at least appologize to us, and share more about the issues the game is experiencing, and why it's not just being fixed. We "the players" are super frustrated about the way you are handling all of this, I mean just spend a little time on the EQ discord. So the meaning of this post is basicly to try and make DPG give "the players" more information, maybe we'd be able to understand the situation better. Becauase right now we just feel it's incompetence, wich I really do hope it's not.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I looked down the back of the sofa, under the microwave, behind the radiator, under the cat, above the corridor in the loft-space, I can't find the missing information.

I think there is a high probability that the Hamsters ate it, they all have bad tummies now so that's why the servers are down while they recover from indigestion.

On a more serious note, this game has had a long tradition of poor communication, they have made several attempts over the years to do better, I think lately they have made a better effort to communicate but it is still a very long way from wherever Ideal is rumoured to be.

Problem is time, the whole team have so much to do as individuals that communication often gets pushed back as it is simply not a top priority & they don't get resourced well enough by the owners to do more, probably anything that doesn't help the bottom line is treated that way now.
    Thesehips likes this.
  3. Brilhasti Elder

They're all asleep. It's a disaster to be honest and has been for years, it's like they're doing us a favour, not like we're paying them for a service or anything.
    Zoshiro and ArrynRaggnarok like this.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

Workers are allowed to sleep.
  5. feeltheburn Augur

of course its missing they are busy doing nothing yet again.
  6. ArrynRaggnarok Apprentice

DB has made it clear that could care less about their customers. When asking for some sort of alternative to transferring to FV, they ignored us. Completely and totally.

Pretty freaking sad that a company can get away with treating their customers the way Daybreak does.

I respectfully disagree with the poster who said they have made effort to improve communications. I've played EQ for 20+ years and this is the worst I've ever seen. Not sure if it's lack of time, lack of caring, or lack of respect, but Daybreak is severely lacking on the customer service side.
    Jugerrnaut and Aiki like this.
  7. Brilhasti Elder

Yeah triffic, not everyone is in America. When you're providing a 24 hour service that customers pay for, those paying customers expect a certain level of support.
    Jein-ko likes this.
  8. Itaru Journeyman

When a company provides a service 24 hours a day, it's total incompetence for them all to be sleeping at the same time.
  9. Time Burn Augur

I agree. They haven't raised the subscription price in 15 years, and it shows.
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

It doesn't matter where the customers are. It matters where the workers are.

Paying customer expectations do not define available resources.
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

It provides SOME services 24-hours a day. No one provides ALL services 24 hours a day. Companies that are thousands of times more profitable with MANY more employees don't offer all services 24 hours a day.
  12. Brilhasti Elder

It damn well does matter where the customers are. Just because I live in Europe I have to accept a sub-standard level of support even though I pay the same as someone living in the U.S.? I don't think so.
    Aiki likes this.
  13. minimind The Village Idiot

You are genuinely incorrect and you know it. Go to any website for any business, look at where they're headquartered, and if they don't have a genuinely global operation they will have limited service hours.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

There is a thread that will be updated in news and announcements as we have more information I am going to lock this one as people are attacking each other.
    eepok likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.