Common Agent Catalyst -> Overseer agent Pack

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Barraind, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

While playing around with testcopy to see what of the Overseer rewards are copyable, I found the following:

Common Agent Catalyst is not copyable, however, if transferred into a shared bank slot while in a bag, then taken out of the bag, used, then the bag returned to the same shared bank slot without a progress save in-between (which I primarily use to ensure items testcopy correctly), the next character to log in with that bag in their inventory will cause an "Item found in overflow" error to produce a seemingly non-usable Overseer Agent Pack..

To use THAT pack, I had to transfer it to a level 85+ character, use the item, log out to have that item saved in its inventory, then log back in and after a few minutes of trying to convert it using the convert option, it turned into a right click usable item (which was itself not copyable) that rewarded 3 agents.

I have replicated this on test.

This feels like its related to the way we used to be able to (in theory, of course) trade nodrop items through bags by overflowing the bag as a container into a tradable shared bank space inside a bag which then ignored all restrictions for what was inside the phantom bag. Only its now overflowing into the overflow claim window.
  2. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

It seems possible i timed these at a point where everyone was given overflow claims for those items?

midnight pacific and then again 11 am pacific, 4/2/20
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

All three of my accounts had an Agent Pack in the overflow window when I logged in today. They worked and I claimed the agents at normal...on Drinal.

At this point, I care about all the wierdness with Overseer about as much as Darkpaw seems to care about it...which is very little.