Commemorative coin farming

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Notinterested, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Guess you didn't read the part where I move around constantly and don't want the acceleration issues. Obviously, if you're not moving, use a mount. Duh.

The point is, a full hour's worth of medding (if you never miss a tick) amount to ~27k mana. If I'm using OOC regen more often, I'm actually ahead of that. In just 3 ticks ;)
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are correct but if you are actually sitting around out of combat for that long you can also spend the time to sit down and get the same ooc mana regen while sitting. You don't have to be on a mount to get that mana regen and the idea behind using a mount is you get sitting mana regen while still able to cast.
  3. SoroxDrinal Elder

True but I don't like to micromanage (boxed) toons.
  4. Notinterested Augur

More casts are more casts. Its not a terribly hard concept, more = more.

I use my druid the same way Tatanka does. Run him OOM and sit out a fight with OOC regen the only difference is my druid stays mounted. All things being equal i will get more out of my druid than he will because of this. Slightly more is still more.;)

If the mount movement bothers you i get it. I got used to it ages ago.

Either way this is a pointless argument that all started with a stupid comment about 120s not using mounts.
  5. Notinterested Augur

And this is exactly it right here. Some folks need to remind themselves we are not all using scripts that sit our toons down for us to med. Having your casters always seated is one less thing to manage.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But that still means you are waiting on OOC regen in order to recover your mana and not the normal sitting mana regen. I am not saying anything for or against using a mount rather that the mana regen you get from being on a mount and casting is insignificant and doesn't really matter. The only benefit that you are getting is you don't have to remember to sit down to get OOC mana regen when you are ready to sit out of combat and recover.
  7. Notinterested Augur

The extra 44 mana regen plus medding while casting is the other benefit my druid is getting. You can try and discount it all you want and call it insignificant but again, more is more. Theres nothing to argue here.

I can get more casts before needing to med with OOC regen by being mounted, thats a fact.

To me the downsides to using a mount are what is insignificant. I would rather have the mana regen all day long. Even if all it ever gains me is a single spell cast i will take it because the mounts dont bother me.

I like my mounts and lose absolutely nothing by using them. A minor gain is still a gain. I dont know what game you guys are playing but people spend tens of millions to gain much less every single day.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That only adds up to 440 mana every minute and it is still going to take 10-30 minutes in order to get another cast of a spell depending on how much mana it costs with a 10k mana spell taking 22 or so minutes.

Yes it is extra mana but it isn't going to make much of a difference in the long run. And I never said anything against using a mount as there are benefits such as not having to remember to sit a toon to get OOC regen when it is available. You just don't get much of a boost from the in combat mana regen.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Mana regen is only necessary if you go OOM. If you have enough mana to do whatever it is you are doing, then being on a mount is for reasons other than mana regen. As stated, mounts eat more food and drink, so if you forget to force feed then you may be consuming stat food that you don't want to. Acceleration and deceleration are a thing that is annoying for some. I am fortunate I play a class that does not need mount mana regen to do the things I want to do in game. Other classes do, and it is fine if they use a mount. But to insinuate that a 120 not using a mount is "stupid" is a pretty inaccurate reach.

In any event, the thread was about commemorative coin farming, not the benefits/disadvantages of using a mount. We should get back on track if there is anything else to discuss about the original topic.

As a side note, I always laugh at the "mount eats more food/drink" as I stand on a flying magic carpet that consumes food and drink...
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  10. Notinterested Augur

Your argument is just so ridiculous. 4400 mana every 10 minutes or 2-3 spell nukes every 10 minutes or 2-3 extra big heals i can cast every 10 minutes for just sitting on a mount and losing nothing. I will take that all day long. You are also ignoring the mana gain from medding while casting entirely but even without it thats a good enough reason for me to keep using my mount.

Trivial, minor, insignificant, not much, etc. however you want to describe it a gain is still a gain... Period. Its that simple.

You keep making the same irrational arguments over and over again but you are honestly doing a better job of proving my point than i am.

If two pices of gear where identical except one had 44 more mana regen than and allowed you to med while casting you would obviously take it over the other. There are no downsides to mounts from my perspective so why on earth would i turn it down?
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure what you are going on about but the fact remains that based on my example you get 440 mana per minute or 4400 man per 10 minutes from sitting on your mount while you continue to fight mobs. That small amount of mana isn't going to make much of a difference in the long ruin when you are dealing with spells that cost 10k+ mana to cast.

I am not saying it is good or bad to use a mount while playing just that the benefit isn't as large as you are making it out to be. And no I would not chose something because of an increase that was that small when I am dealing with a 300k+ mana pool and I can regen faster with OOC regen and other mana tools that I have.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Thread starts as a request for help with farming coins and morphs into a diatribe against mounts.

Frankly, if there isn't anything you want from the Coins, don't bother going out of your way to get them. Why is it necessary to put down those who might want the items for whatever reason? Not everyone is playing at max level doing only the latest raids or is even striving to be there any time soon or if at all. But some players think that's the only content that should matter and anything else is a waste. Well, then the content that's not that might not be for you.
  13. Crashdummy Elder

Being a tad lazy and other then chasing the chest items, my preferred source of coins was to use PH to open Unity and run the clock down, then send in a farmer to get the pages, leave with as many as could get, and ship them to a main. I think the lockouts have increased on instances, so even going in for the hand ins means waiting hours to get 14 coins. However it was easy to do, and given a few years to collect for a new mount was not stressful.
  14. Notinterested Augur

Why do you just keep going? Serious question?All you do is repeat the same nonsense. I just told you what 10k mana would get me on a 120 druid...

A gain is a gain is all i have said. I never made it out to be anything more than that or insinuated the benefits where large at all. So take your strawmans and find another thread to derail already.

I like my mount. I dont care that the benefits are minor they are benefits. Now i see why i had you on ignore before.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are the one who decided to bring up a debate about people not using mounts at level 120 to this thread.
    Tatanka likes this.
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

Lost but not forgotten is a 12-person raid with 20 coins rewarded. Each go through, one person can get the parts for the trophy. It takes me about a hour to 4-box it, maybe a bit less, but 12 people looking for farm coins could plow though every night after raids and pickup the trophy for anyone needed an extra 3k HP.
  17. Notinterested Augur

Yup, thats exactly what happened... :rolleyes:
    Tatanka likes this.