Coming back

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Faumen, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Faumen New Member

Hey guys,

Sorry but this is another "coming back" post.

Last time i played EQ was in the era of Luclin, had my mage, had my epic, Veeshan Server (Celestial Tomb guild).

From what i have been reading there are a LOT of changes in the game, don't really want to play in TEST server or TLP, what server do you guys suggest to start from zero?

Never been a fan of alts, so my idea is to play an enchanter.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions!
  2. Shanarias Augur

Be sure to use the Tutorial, because MUCH of the game play and quality of life factors have changed drastically, to use an understatement. That would be my only advice.
  3. quakedragon Augur

This is the best leveling guide on live server I found. https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/5gyani/guide_to_leveling_on_live/
    This is best tradeskill leveling on live server I found. http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/for...i-mods/36211-the-ultimate-eq-tradeskill-guide
    If you do either check out those guides if you wondering 'is there a better spot to xp or better way to raise tradeskills'

Also, welcome back, and if you looking for ways to earn plat too then be sure to keep some items that sell pretty good in bazaar. Use /barter to see if a certain item is worth it or not. I think eggs, like snake eggs go for 10p just saying.

Think it would be pretty cool to have some guide that lists items worth keeping. I know some items are in trophy quests, etc. like steaming water. Ice of Velious. be nice to have a quick guide to look at to decide if vendor trash or sell it. I haven't found anything for that yet though so /barter is the best bet.

I think enchanter is good, especially if you end up wanting to be a raider. They can charm stuff so you have a tank/dps buffs, cleric merc, be good molo.

Tip of advice, if you got some really bad gear, say lvl 60. Go farm low level mobs, should be able to kill quick, and after killing tons of them, should be able to get full set of defiant, although low level, its better than nothing. I notice that defiant gear can go up in price quite a bit. Spells 60-85 are pretty expensive so I'd expect to be broke through those levels and it maybe annoying deciding, 5k for this ONE piece of defiant gear or get spells. 5k is quite a bit for people returning. At 75 or 80, chronobines for the archaic gear is pretty good option too.

Oh a big thing, /achieve, follow the Hero's Journey, its good way to get gear too
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Don't be afraid to announce your return in General and your class channel. Be honest, ask for advice and be friendly. You will be pleasantly surprised at how friendly the Everquest communities are on Live servers. A lot of folks like helping out returning players, whether with advice, appropriate gear, buffs or even grouping.

I know I was happy to see a returning player who actually wanted to play a wizard so I dug through my houses and gave the person nearly a complete set of elaborate defiant ... just cause. And I've seen many other instances with folks helping out returning or new players.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

General chat is very helpful but only subscription accounts and Silver accounts can use General Chat.

So, that being said if you want to play free for a while try to recover your old account which will be Silver. If you can do that then no need to go paid for quite a while.....around level 85 when you can get the best merc only on paid accounts, is a good time.

Some things to do right off the bat:

First up get your maps. The only two of any use now are Goods and Brewells. Google those

As suggested do the tutorial - both of them. Yes, there are 2. The first one you can get away with just doing the quests in the middle area - you don't really need to go down in the mines unless you want to and you cannot do it above level 10 ish.Won't take long, maybe 30 minutes.

The second one is in POK and is called "Out of Gloomingdeep"and can be done at any level. Between the 2 of them you will be well equipped with armor and they explain the merc, bazaar, maps, augs, guilds, housing etc. The guild one is handy to join for the port feature until you decide on which guild you want to join, if any.

All around info. While people say the lower level of the game is dead perhaps they did not follow the Hero's Journey. This is under a button on your character screen called "achievements'

This is an excellent guide to help you progress and most times you will outlevel the rewards cause leveling is super easy in today's game.

Don't worry about plat and spells and armor. There are tons of quests, missions etc that have all those as rewards. And once again you will level fast and out grow most of it until you hit 80's then you can look at other ways to acquire good stuff. For example there is an NPC named Franklin Teek in POK and starting at level 20 he hands out "hot zone" quests. The reward is one of 3 peices of armor, extra exp and plat. All for just killing 5 mobs. There are different ones every 5 levels, you can repeat them as often as you want and sell the extra armor, they change on the first of the month or after a patch.

As for which server, Tunare is nice, Xegony has a good guild for newcomers, you just have to create a character on a server and see how it fits for you. I tried Vox and it was like a graveyard but I hear there are others who like it there.

WB, enjoy !
  6. Faumen New Member

Thank you guys for the advices and info.

Actually I want to come back not only for the game itself but for the community as i recall lot of great moments.

In terms of live servers, what do you recommend?, not planning to box.
  7. quakedragon Augur

They all pretty equal. I'd play the one you played on a longtime ago if you remember it.
  8. Shredd Augur

Bristlebane has a large population, so does Drinal. I suggest doing heroic toon since you can learn fast and folks at higher levels can group with you if heroic.