Coming back wanna try this three box..pal bard wiz

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by lucienne, Nov 14, 2015.

1. lucienne New Member

How would paladin, bard, wizard work out? Would the bard make paladin a self sufficient healer and help out the wizards dps? Seems like this trio would have cc, track, dps, and heals for where mercs aren't allowed. Bonus being wizard and bard are simpler boxes, allowing ample focus on paladin.
  2. Coronay Augur

It would work but it wouldn't be very effecient imo.

Bard will not make the paladin a self sufficient healer. CCing on the bard gonna take some focus too as their single target mez lasts like 18 seconds.
  3. lucienne New Member

coronay I see you use warrior cleric. Do you utilize enchanter or bard for cc? How does that work out?
  4. sifonin Augur

Some people regard pal wiz enchater as the holy triumvirate.. Sounds like an interesting trio- U should use enc instead of bard.
  5. Zarakii Augur

casters benefit much more from enchanters then bards and enchanters are better CC personally id really only use bard if you had a melee heavy box group
  6. Coronay Augur

Yep! Enchanter for CC when I'm 3 boxing. Allows me to use 3 wiz mercs for dps on burn and with the enchanter buffs/debuffs it can trivialize a lot of encounters
  7. Gandaalf New Member

I run Mage/Wiz/Chanter and as others have said, the Chanter CC is mindnumbingly OP especially once you level up the beam mez. I run in group gear and haven't run into anything yet that is challenging
  8. Elsewhere Elder

The only time I find my Paladin is a self sufficient healer in my PAL/MAG pair, is when I am fighting in largely trivial (but still blue-con) content, in which case ANY classes would work and a Bard wouldn't really make a huge amount of difference in those circumstances.