Coming back to EQ last played in 2001

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lonman1970, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Lonman1970 New Member

Ok so I see it is still going. I quit after ruin of kunark my last character was an Iksar Monk. Since I am coming back and know no one in game what character would you suggest I try if I buy into the heroic one.
    Thanks in advance
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Nothing wrong with going monk again.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

Welcome back.

It really depends on your preferred playing style and what you want to do in the game. If you want to be sexy, roll a wizard. If you want to suck, any of the other classes will work.

Good luck!
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Welcome back :).

You should try to recover your old account, it will have “veteran” awards which will make your life much easier.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

I would play around with the different classes doing the tutorial. Every new and returning player should do the tutorial at least once if not a couple of times so you know all of the great features that were not around back in the day. While doing this play different classes and figure out what style you prefer. Do you like to stand back and nuke, tank, pull, heal and so on. From there narrow it down to the classes available that fit your play style and mess around with each until you find one that you love. If you remember how to play your monk and you enjoyed playing them roll a new one for the tutorial and delete them after you have a grasp of the features and play your old monk assuming you have access to him. Best of luck and welcome back to this amazing game.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Iksar Monk. I'm not partial to Iksar Monks. I just like Iksar Monks. So choose what you want, if it's an Iksar Monk, then you will probably love playing your Iksar Monk.

Iksar Monk. So fun to say.
    Iksar Monk. So fun to play.
    Iksar Monk. Go kill that Dragon.
    Iksar Monk. It's time for braggin'.
    Mary Poppins and Shanarias like this.
  7. Shanarias Augur

This one ricocheted off my funny bone. Thanks.
    And to the original poster, welcome back. Even if you gave someone all your stuff when you quit, it is still worth rezzing that account.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  8. slayerofbats Augur

Find that old account! The old character doesn't matter anymore, but the old account is really worth having. You get global chat, better AA limit, better merc, an exp boost, free bag of plat, and maybe a free heroic character too.

Either way though, the game is great. Just be prepared to play mostly solo for 100 levels unless you go on a progression server. I am not a fan of the progression servers but they are the best choice if you want to group regularly from the start. The regular servers have many other advantages but you will solo for a long time. I enjoy that so I don't mind. Also there are mercenary NPCs you can hire now which lets you do so much more.

p.s. There is also an NPC in PoK near the Loyalty vendor that sells uber twink gear.
  9. Lonman1970 New Member

How would I go about rezzing my old account if I don't remember the email it was attached to?
  10. Shanarias Augur

For one thing, if you have an Amazon account, they have every credit card number you ever used there, and likely have your old email address as well. I hope that helps. If not, try to remember whqat else you did online before you started playing EQ. Somewhere, if you make the effort, you are likely to find what you are looking for. If you used AOL, or Prodigy, or compuserve, there is likely a record of what you need.
  11. Geroblue Augur

Welcome back to Everquest !

And if you have any dvds from earleir expacs, the key from them can help you get your account back as well.

Only give that to customer service.
  12. Nuttmeg Augur

Welcome back!
    As previously mentioned, do the tutorial zone. Unless...

If you choose Agnarr, they just got past planes of power and lock forever in Lost Dungeons of Norrath. Lots of low level (frogs) to play with and you won't need to solo 100+ levels.