Coming back question (Level 75 rogue)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Spenny6709, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Spenny6709 New Member

My rogue is level 75 with a ton of the fabled gear from 2-3 years ago, as well as my epic 1.5 and augs. He was on the Povar server and I was curious if the server was still around, and if I would even be able to play my rogue with his current gear without starting a subscription up again. I don't want to end up paying $15 (not that it's a lot) to play it once and never pick it up again. I basically want to get into it enough that I can convince my friend to play with me again (MMO's are pretty boring by myself).

Thanks!
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Povar is still there, and it's still called Povar (bonus!).

Your gear may or may not be marked as Prestige, which gives you no stats if you don't have a sub - augs are the most likely culprit. Fabled gear and epics are not Prestige.

However, you can get better gear readily - Elegant Defiant, and the higher Paragon rewards from doing Hero's Journey achievement quests. Or from the Bazaar - Othni and Athlai are both better than Elegant Defiant.
  3. Spenny6709 New Member

Excellent. I'll just have to strip augs I assume?

I had a ton of fabled gear already including the swarm weapon and didn't want to come back naked and not really get a good experience without dropping $15 and hoping for the best.

Thanks for the advice!
  4. Borek-VS Augur

Check the augs, look for strange colour backgrounds in the inventory screen, and the PRESTIGE tag. None of the hot zone augs are Prestige, if that's what you have, but most of the rest are.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

well, EQ is free to play now, so the best way to answer your question is to log in and see :)

Tat
  6. beryon Augur

This was originally the case, but they've since changed it so a prestige aug just gives no stats; it doesn't need to be stripped. If the item has a purple background, it means the aug is providing no benefit but you still get stats from the actual item. Yellow means the item itself is the problem.