Coming Back after a LONG Time Away - Questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gadieli, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Gadieli New Member

Hey all, I was once a 7-year EQ veteran (1999-2006) but stopped playing when life got crazy. I'm thinking of coming back and had some questions if you guys had some time to answer them.

1) I had what was once a max lvl and high-AA druid on my account back when EQ was Sony's. Will she still be there as she was (gear, AAs, etc.) when I return? (I know Daybreak giving away a "heroic" character that starts at max lvl with some AAs and all that, but curious about old characters.)

2) How are druids doing these days? I know we were solid main healers (just after Clerics) way back when and could also do solid DPS with DoTs, but it's been years. Specifically - how good are they at soloing and how sought after are they for groups/raids?

3) I'm assuming server populations are nowhere near where they were back in the early aughts, so should I expect to be stuck soloing a lot or is there a fair amount of grouping without hours of downtime in LFG?

Thanks for your time, all! Hopefully I'll get to see you in game soon!
  2. Vizula-Emarr Elder

1) your character will still be around, although it may be on a different server than you remember do to mergers. You can login and play freely without a subscription so if you really want to verify your toon first its no problem. Heroic takes you to 85, by no means max level, just to clarify.

2) druids are still great healers, any priest archtype is capable of solo healing all/most group content. As far as solo, ehh any class is going to be slow going if your xping

3) anything prior to 85 your probably not going to find anyone to group with, no matter the server (minus tlp, i dont know). 85-105, youll probably find some groups, this part will greatly differ depwnding the server. 105 has been level cap for last few expansions, so mpst are in that bracket. Once there you should be able to find a guild or geoup of friends. Im fairly certain you couldnt solo/molo much at all with a druid in eok, could be wrong.
  3. Gadieli New Member

Thanks so much! Oh wow, 105... Sounds like I've got some work to do if I'm going to stick around.

Is there a way to email daybreak about recovering my character? It looks like there's a lot of FAQs on their site but no way to contact them directly and everything I've found says I have to email them to start the character recovery process.
  4. Gadieli New Member

Nevermind, got it all working :)
    IblisTheMage likes this.