Color coded healer window

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Pano, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Pano Augur

Here is something we have been using for quite a bit in our guild, a color coded heal window. Here's what it looks like:

[IMG]

It's transparent and depending on how big of a heal it is, it changes color. Its main use is to know if you are wasting heals on some target or not and also helps to know if it's time to burn or not. Seeing multiple red/orange heals back to back on a target might mean healing is deficient on someone. I chose blue for the smallest heals because it blends in the background. I want to know they are there, but I don't really want to see how much they land for. Here's how it works:

The heal window uses different overlay and categories to achieve the color coding scheme. First, in GINA, you will need to go into Overlays (you may have less than me, my heal window corresponds to the text overlay #1)

[IMG]

From there, create a new text overlay, place it where you want to see your heals and use these settings (works with 1920x1080). Click save.

[IMG]

Once the overlay is done (assuming you have the triggers), it's time to create some categories, 5 of them to be precise. Just click Add at the top.

[IMG]

And create those (name irrelevant)

[IMG]

With these settings (once those are created, you need to go back to each trigger and assign the correct category in them, on the right of the different categories)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And the trigger pack is found here. Alternatively, you can send me a tell in game and I will share it.
    Sancus, Clarisa, Thoxsel and 3 others like this.
  2. Pano Augur

Note that this can easily be adapted to a damage window with whatever colors/increment you need.
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  3. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Really cool! Thanks for the share. Will play around with this. :)
  4. Tucoh Augur

Very cool. I never knew you could put numeric conditionals in gina triggers.

I might repurpose this so I can see when my characters melee something for say, over 900k damage and play this wav
  5. Clarisa Augur

I love using this, as well as many of the other triggers Pano's come up with. This one is very useful in gauging the damage your target is taking, how much healing support you have on your target, and in determining the effectiveness of your splash heals. A well-timed splash heal will result in a long list of actual player names with a decent amount of health restored (as indicated by yellow and orange colors using Pano's sample pictures) while a not-so-great splash heal will result in a list of pet and swarm pet names (because they always need healing) or no heal messages at all, indicating that it could have been timed better or it wasn't aimed where most of the raid was. Just getting visible feedback on heals is great, too, as sometimes you'll see heals land even when the health bar isn't moving much due to latency.

I also want to thank forum member Sirene-Fippy for coming up with the heal window I used prior to this one, which I found in this thread https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/priest-gina-favorites.224933/ (still as useful, just without the color coding). I wouldn't say that GINA is absolutely necessary (outside of its importance for general raiding), but triggers like this one as well as the Divine Intervention and tank defensive ability usage triggers (and others) have made it harder to heal without.
  6. Talonthalis Elder

This looks incredible! Has/can anyone screen-captured video of this in use and posted to youtube/vivo so we can see it in action? Just getting into cleric'ing, I haven't even looked into GINA yet. It's amazing how complex and specialized this can get!
  7. Pano Augur

It's basically just a scrolling window of heals with colors. There's not much more to see than the screenshot shows. Your heal will show as if you had filtered your heals to a window in EQ, except with colors and a shorter message.
  8. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Shameless plug. You can watch my plain yellow one :p
    Clarisa and Pano like this.
  9. Pano Augur

Now I know why I was asked to format the heal message that way. I guess our people used your heal window!
  10. Jetslam Augur

I've been using Sirene's overlay for awhile and really like it. Tried out the color-coded one for the last couple weeks and like it even more.
  11. gnomeboss Augur

did you get this to work? did you try? the only reason i ask because if i could get an audio file of beevis saying FIIIIIRE to play when my magician crit'd for over insert_magical_number_here, i'd probably seize from happiness.
  12. Tucoh Augur

I didn't try, no :D

But it should be possible.

http://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/Triggers.aspx
    gnomeboss likes this.
  13. Pano Augur

It shouldn't be too hard to get to work, just select play sound file in the trigger instead of having no sound.
  14. Talonthalis Elder

Just to update: I got it working and this thing is great! It really helps to build a "feel" for how much damage the tank is actually taking. It lets me know if I can ease up on the heal spam for another job or start using AA's to catch up. I'm only using it in a group setting but I'm hoping to raid, some day, so I'm sure this is good practice. I'm bummed it took this long for me to discover and start using it.

Thank you for this!
    Pano likes this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Not sure I'll use it right away, (I love learning how I can be better, then I get lazy on implemenation). Being able to land big heals on a tank is a pretty cool way to judge that they're taking more damage than normal.
    Good insight
  16. Pano Augur

I have updated the heal window for beta if anyone is interested.

It reports heals in those 4 formats:
    Heal - Player - Heal amount
    Heal - Player - Heal amount (actual heal)
    HoT - Player - Heal amount
    HoT - Player - Heal amount (actual heal)

It's on the link up there, new heal window.
  17. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Thanks, Pano!
  18. Pano Augur

Healing window has been fixed again for crits, now reports them. Just send me a tell on beta or live if you want them.