Collectors Editions

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Peqwil, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Peqwil New Member

Hey I thought it would be a good idea if you added an option in the DB store to upgrade to Collector Edition's of older expansions for the perks. Thanks!
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

This has been suggested several times and it would be a great and easy way to make more money. If they are worried about people just putting off buying the collectors version when it is current make older collectors more expensive than they were at release to promote sales when current. I know there are expansions I missed due to being in college that I would love the collectors editions on and would be willing to pay full price or slightly more for. The content is already there all they have to do is take my money.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I see both sides - after all when they first came out people paid extra for them and it might ruffle their feathers if collectors editions were made available again. They don't remake collectors items in real life like say Indian head nickels etc. there are limited quantity.

But then again I have enough of those Singed Book or Abstruse Idol that I keep buying because it says in green that I have not collected it! Hard to mark those off the list when you need a collectors edition to do that collection lol.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why not make the entire catalogue available? Heck, create a 'Collector's Crate' which includes collector's editions of every expansion for $500.
  5. Snack Augur

I think they should make every collector's edition a complete run of collector's editions (for the extra /claims and whatnot). They could charge $XX extra. Who knows, one day I might buy one to get a wooly cockatrice mount, or whatever I've been missing. Just extra money for them.

I'd also put some of those old drops that players still like (like the Guise) in the DBC store. People would buy that stuff.
  6. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

I'll tell you a secret - most people won't stay current when the opportunity cost and advantages of NOT staying current remain:

- empty zones that make soloing a beautiful, sugar-coated dreamcicle
    - easy access to everything from quest givers to faction increases because someone's selling any item worth selling (and there are historical archives of how to get those that aren't)

Those are just off the cuff. Were I going to do a real competitive analysis, it wouldn't be on these forums, and I'd be getting paid. A lot. :)

I'll get the new expansions when a single purchase offers me the full set to date, including all collectibles. Not before.

Am I demanding? You betcha. That history of status everyone keeps lighting candles and incense to? It's largely meaningless today and it's high time someone upstairs at Daybreak accepts that companies SERVE THE MARKET if they want to survive.

Accept also that the market changed... doesn't mean you cannot get new players without losing the old. You just need to be willing to slaughter every sacred cow in the meadow to do it.

Anyway... eh, outside with me. Ya'll have fun watching the clock. ((evil grin))
  7. Tinkeringmule New Member

Had not seen this thread until I posted a similar one yesterday .... would LUV to be able to upgrade the Collector's for particular expansions.