Collections

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Isilyth, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Isilyth New Member

I have just returned to EQ again (originally started with the Velious expansion and been on and off since then......more on than off though!!!)
    I see items in the Bazaar which are marked 'collectible' - can someone explain Collections to me please.....where can I find items? Is there a level requirement to start collecting and how does one start? Are there certain zones which do/don't have collectibles? Are they drops or are they found like the collectibles in EQ2 just on the ground?
    Would appreciate your input with this
    Thanks
  2. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Collections started with the Rain of Fear expansion. Collectible items either drop from mobs, or you can pick them up off the ground. They display as small bright yellow dots.

If you go to the achievement window you can see what you need remaining. I want to say each Collection has 10 items, and each zone has 4 different collections which is a meta achievement. There is another layer of meta achievements for each Tier of zones in an expansion. Often upon completing a meta achievement you receive a reward of some kind. Sometimes it's an arbitrary piece of gear, but others can be a very good aug or a must have clicky like the Snowball. They are usually themed. So orc themed collections will drop from orcs or be picked up nearby orcs, etc.

I think that about covers it.
  3. Moege Augur

Started in RoF and all expansions after it. (look in achievement window->(expansion)->collectible)
    Mob drops and groundspawns (spawns in open zones and heroic adventures/mission)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Collection_System

Level requirement I am unsure about. never tried to have a level 1 click them.
    Best return on reward is at 103, gives 11 aa for each set.
  4. Gialana Augur

All items in a single collection will either drops from mobs or spawn on the ground. There are no collections that have both ground spawns and mob drops. You can choose AA or regular experience when you complete a collection. The amount of experience given depends on your level at the time of right-clicking the final collectible in a collection. Higher levels receive more experience.
  5. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

when you finish an xpac complete collections there are rewards, i have one 38 bag awarded at completion.
  6. Annastasya Augur

if you see the term Shiny or Shinies used, that refers to the ground spawn collections which as mentioned look like little glowing yellow/gold balls and can have many different spawn locations within a zone.

There are at least one or two collections that can only be collected by players who pre-ordered certain expansions or bought the premier version so watch out for that, they will be red or the restriction will be mentioned in the collection's description.