Coldain Smithing Hammer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Senelder, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Senelder New Member

Tain Hammerfrost does not run the script to obtain this hammer anymore. Can someone confirm that the Coldain Smithing Hammer is obtainable by some other means? Or did DB overlook this when his script was just changed in the last patch
  2. Lisard Silly

im pretty sure you can just buy it from the smithing merchant that sells the blocks in thurgadin lol
  3. Nniki Augur

That's Velium Smithy Hammer, I think.
  4. Senelder New Member

Nah, he only sells the Smithy Hammer and the Velium Smithy Hammer. I need the Coldain Smithing Hammer for the Aid Grimel #3 - Jewelcraft. Part of the Artisan's Prize quest line
  5. svann Augur

- - 4th ring quest - It's now necessary to have the Gold Coldain Insignia Ring to receive the Note to Tain from Garadain Glacierbane or to loot the Frozen Elixir. Tain Hammerfrost no longer drops the Note to Tain when killed. Handing the Note to Tain to Tain Hammerfrost now triggers the attack wave instead of one of his dialogues.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The hammer is also Tradeable. If you know someone with the hammer you can just borrow it for a minute to do the combines.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Cword New Member

So what if we have already completed the ring quest ages ago, how do we get a new hammer
  8. Nniki Augur

It seems both Garadain and Tain will not respond unless you're on the appropriate step, even if you've already completed the entire quest. Probably need to redo the ring quest up to that step or have someone who is on that step get one for you.

You say, 'smithing hammer'
    Garadain Glacierbane says, 'Yer not ready to help with that, outsider.'

You say, 'help'
    Tain Hammerfrost winces. 'If only there were some way I could trust you...'
  9. Cword New Member

yeah, I guess ally faction and the insignia of the dain isn't proof enough for Tain to trust me, I guess doing the first 4 rings again wont take to long.../sigh