Coirnav - Where are all the groups

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Midnitewolf, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Midnitewolf Augur

So I jumped into the Coirnav server to start my EQ journey yet again mostly because the server hasn't been around very long and ironically I started just as the original Ruins of Kurnak expansion went live so it seemed like a very good fit. Starting out was great, saw tons of other newbies or at least new characters in Nektlous Forest and was really looking forward to jumping into some groups over at Orc 1 or Orc 2 in the EC once I got to level 8 or so but nothing, nada, no groups, no camps, no one looking for groups, nothing.

So my question is where the hell did everyone go. There had be be at least 6-8 new DE player soloing out their first 6-8 levels in Nektlous and I am sure there has to be some new ones coming out of Freeport as well and I do see people out soloing that are around my level but in like 3-4 days I haven't seen anything like even an attempt at a formal group. I mean they got to be going somewhere right?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm not on Coirnav, but by Kunark most groups are only going to be showing up at optimal exp locations just because of how top heavy the level spread is. At level 8 you are probably best off going to somewhere like Crushbone, Field of Bone, and Kurns Tower where random PUGs are likely forming up. Or tough it out solo until 10+ and go to South Ro (assuming Ro is still active on Corny) then moving on to Guk.
  3. Midnitewolf Augur

Went and checked out South Ro and it was pretty bare as well. I guess I don't understand how this server can be so top heavy already, it has only been out 3 1/2 months and from what I understand the server started out completely fresh with no character transfers or anything. I know the progression is a bit faster than Classic but even with the bonus XP going on, I have spent the better part of 20 hours at least just to get to level 9 on my Chanter and it just gets harder. Also the server is always showing full population as well.

Like I said, I just don't understand why it is so deserted I mean you would think that you would at least see people playing alts but maybe your right, maybe they are just rushing the best zones and bypassing anything like the convenience of leveling near the home zones like the good old days.
  4. Febb Augur

The reason why the server is top heavy is because there are a ton of casual players on the server, 3 month unlocks, slow experience rate and Kunark just hit a month ago so a majority of people are leveling their mains at the top.
  5. Holken New Member

unrest usually has a ton of people with mutiple picks and the courtyard u could probably group at 8 or 10ish crushbone usually has a few groups as well.
  6. uk6999 Augur

Most are 40+ now. Speaking for myself only I do not enjoy alts because the xp on this server is for the birds. I took a 2 week break and came back because of the 76% bonus window. With 76% + 25% pot the xp almost feels like where it should be (3-6hours per level depending on group). No way I am going to run another character 50-60 by normal means without a xp bonus ( next one might not be until Labor Day ). Just dont have the time or desire to do the same camps, etc.

Your best bet is Unrest, SolA, CoM to catch up to mid 40s.
  7. Fumi-chan Augur

Coirnav has a lot of players who box and a lot of established guilds where players tend to only group with those that they know. Combine that with the relatively fast unlocks and you have a recipe for a server that doesn't exactly cater to brand new players.
  8. Scrax Elder

Lol 8 guilds have downed Trak, compared to 15+ on all previous progs at this point.

Start on Agnarr, there's free buffs in PoK and starter gear is a few plat (if not free)