Coirnav, to Iskar or not and where to group?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldemangamer, Oct 18, 2018.

1. oldemangamer Augur

So I joined up and have been fooling around trying to pick my race and class. Thanks again to all for the help.

I think I'm going to play a Shaman as it is one of the few classes that I have never played. I'm trying to decide between Iskar and maybe Ogre. I'm worried though that I won't be able to find groups at all in Kunark. It looks like finding groups at low level is going to be a real chore as it is.

Wondering if maybe I would be better off sticking with the old world for grouping. I want to start asap as soloing is really slow.

Also, any tips as to the best places or hot spot to find groups? At lower levels I have seen people lfm at crushbone, unrest and lower guk so far.

Thanks much.
  2. Kahna Augur

Iksar, not Iskar

it's a toss up, low levels are pretty thinly populated, like any server post-classic, but Kurns exp is also much better than crushbone, so if you can find even a couple of people you will do well there.

You could always start as a troll and race change. That will put your bind point in CL. Or beg in /taxi for some nice porter to pick you up in EJ and take you to CL. There are options.
  3. liveitup1216 Augur

Your main leveling routes for groups is Crushbone > Unrest > LGuk > Velks.

As an iksar most people solo in FoB or Kurns til 10-18ish then hit the mainland. You could go sooner or even later depending on preference.

If leveling speed is the goal, then your best bet is leaving FoB around 5 and level in Gfay orc hill / Crushbone groups then follow the grouping "route".

You may see a smattering of other random groups in places like SolA, Highkeep, Mistmoore, UGuk, etc but those zones are also just often empty.
  4. oldemangamer Augur

Ok thank you for the advice. One other question, what do you do in the old world as an Iskar about selling and banking?
  5. Kahna Augur

You make a banking alt and parcel stuff to yourself from the parcel vendor in the CT tunnel.
  6. Imdead Augur

From my experiences in the last month I think the leveling paths on this server are CB > Unrest > Tower of Frozen Shadow > Velks.

I had a hard time finding anything in Lguk and xp in ToFS actually seemed better xp once I got there. Just trying to help.
  7. liveitup1216 Augur

If you're a caster, just origin to Cabilis for banking/spells and then gate back to wherever.

Or like Kahna said use an alt and parcel in commons tunnel.
  8. a_librarian Augur

the Iksar starting area is probably the most populated outside of Gfay. That said most people just do their own thing solo for those first levels, but if you are willing to send a lot of tells then you will definitely find some other iksars that would be happy to group up.

Passively looking for group is just going to be totally hit or miss, though at higher level you will have an easy time finding groups as a shaman
  9. SunDrake Augur

Iksar can also sell at Druid Rings, as the merchants are neutral to everyone. The exception here is Commonlands and North Karana, as they both have additional Druid faction NPCs within range of the merchant.

If you roll Iksar and would like to leave Kunark I'd be happy to grab you on my Druid. Welcome back.
  10. oldemangamer Augur

Thanks much all!
  11. Delphwind Augur

I love my Ikasr, however I’ve seen some amazing people playing Ogre Shaman for the frontal stun immunity. They are amazing PLers for almost any level range. They also start in a more centralized location.

However, I believe Ikear have one of the best starter zones. Just hit up the spider cave in FoB till level 6-7. Then grind to about 9-10 in the middle of the field. After than you can get 12-14 pretty quick even solo in Kurns. From there catch a port to Commons to bind, then off to Unrest, as there are usually yard trash groups there for levels 12-16. You can stay in UR till level 26-28 then hit up Iceclad. The Dervishes around the ToFS are great xp up to 36ish. From there Velks is really the best place to be. I would avoid Lguk if I were you, xp seemed MUCH slower here than Iceclad.
  12. That One Guy Augur

Ikeasars rock, for sure!
  13. oldemangamer Augur

Wow, just wow. I started playing EQ about 2 months after its initial launch and was actively playing during the release of the Ruins of Kunark. And I swear to God, until Kahna pointed it out, I have always thought they were called Iskars!

Thanks for all the helpful replies and thanks for correcting my dyslexia!
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd go Ogre. I have an Iksar shaman on Phinny but played Ogres on Coirnav and Agnarr. Send me your character name and I'll send you some gear if you want. My characters are all still camped out in The Hole and I'll never play them again.