Coirnav: Sleeper's Tomb

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I think Shady is training some fire giants better look out.
  2. Cupie1 Journeyman

But I REALLY want a channeling crystal Bobby
  3. Clonkers Lorekeeper

On behalf of the non-RI Coirnav population cab I take this moment to tell you none if us give a toss what life is like on phinigel or how dead you think our server is. We don't care what your opinion of Vicious is and your input to this or any other thread is vapour to us. Why don't you go post about the buried sea in your own thread.
  4. Numzan Augur

I honestly am not sure i believe its benefiting anyone other then people that love to sell out of game for real cash.

Soon no drop items, and that will show everyone how many people have more Accounts for sale. It is easier to outfit an Account to lvl 60 with all the farmed items they obtained them stripping and selling off everything. So you dont get caught sell the whole account, instead of the SOD. So i say break the sleeper now, let the devs watch the SODs change hands and ban them perma.... Like i said who cares.... You guys ate you own crap, by not working with the rest of the server.

and who the hell cares about Phinny??? if you got a problem with that vicious aka mabbu? stop trolling him, we all know he was banned from phinny from what you all say. So many others too are still playing from what i understood that where banned. Your just asking for you own account to be suspended on the forums.
  5. Numzan Augur

Could not agree more....
  6. Machentoo Augur

That's the great thing about these forums, people can discuss whatever they'd like (within the bounds of the forum guidelines) and no one can shout it down just because they don't like the opinions or the people behind them.

Plenty of Coirnav people show up on all the Phippy threads too. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
  7. Numzan Augur

Half of what people are discussing is about some individual, and what they did on Phinny and what RI did as a guild over there or whatever....Has nothing to do with ST on Coirnav and the current guilds involved. If RI wants to work out with others then so be it, but by the time it is all said and done ST will be useless. Its all about the RMT at this point....
  8. Fle2ch Elder

Perhaps PVP should be enabled in the sleepers tomb, allowing players to be guardians.
  9. Critt Augur

If nothing else DBG deciding to let one guild or group of people affect an entire server is great fodder for drama..I think the whole thing is an ego trip... "We woke the Sleeper to save the server from evil real money traders..." DBG could fix this easily but I think they actually enjoy the drama of all these posts.
  10. Coirnav Augur

For better or worse Daybreak has given players all the control on this one. That is almost never a good thing in this game, and results in an outcome that will not please very many people in most cases. They regulated access to content by adding instances for each expansion, however I will never understand why they would not make both versions of the ST instance available throughout Velious regardless of what state open world is in.

Some forum warrior will have some half baked reason for me why they think Daybreak still does this with ST, but when so many other raids have been adjusted to be accessible by everyone through instancing regardless of what any other guilds are doing... it just blows my mind that they don't fix this.

No group of players, or individual raid guild should have the power to hold a server hostage and completely prevent them from experiencing some kind of content. That's not the idea these TLPs were sold to us on. The idea was that even though open world will still be competitive, you all have this content available weekly to you in instances. That one guild can change an instance raid for every other guild on the server is poor poor design, and only serves to breed animosity regardless if Sleeper wakes or doesn't. Someone will always want their instance the opposite version. Someone will always be the bad guy.

Why can't the AoC give you the option for either version of Sleeper's Tomb Devs?
    That0neguy and Critt like this.
  11. Critt Augur

I pretty much said the same exact thing back when it was awakened on Phinny and I decided to quit...This time I quit a bit earlier but this is still something that makes me go hmm....lol
    That0neguy likes this.
  12. That0neguy Augur

It is silly that you either think of yourself as the entire server. Or that you think a single guild really does affect the play and economy of the entire server. RI hardly affects the entire server.
  13. Critt Augur

it's silly that your reading comprehension is so off......
  14. Risiko Augur

The only reason I have ever wanted the AoC to offer both version of the Sleepers Tomb is so that anybody that wanted to experience both states of the zone would be able to. These servers are nostalgia driven after all.

As for the RMT side of the argument, I really just don't get that at all. I get that there is at least one item in that zone that sales for an insane lump of money. I get that. But, so what. If you have a job, you make way more than that on a continuous basis. EverQuest isn't a job.

Instead of being jealous of someone making some money off of a hobby, feel pity for the person who literally has to treat EverQuest as a job.

That's sad for that person. Anybody that chooses to make less than minimum wage by playing a game rather then getting a job and making a ton more off of their time is not someone you should ever feel envy towards. Feel pity for them instead.
    That0neguy and Critt like this.
  15. doah Augur

If both versions were available the RMT of the items from the old version would be squashed pretty quick. Flooding the server with those items will just drive the price down instead of making them go up.
  16. Fumi-chan Augur

It would also trivialize accessing gear that historically has been highly coveted for various reasons. Just for that reason alone I don't see DBG agreeing to do anything (assuming they even know how to create two AoC instance versions).

It's fine to fix epic bottlenecks but trivializing too much OW content risks killing the spirit of EQ. Gotta find a balance.
  17. Critt Augur

I would say they've already done exactly this with instanced raiding and 75% more rares on holidays and picks....the loot from 1.0 doesn't make anything any more trivial than anything else they've done to date.... my main point of contention has always been don't advertise instanced raiding and then leave the one zone with cool toys out of that by allowing it to be changed by any group of people who want to ruin it for the rest....It's just lazy imo
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  18. doah Augur

Trivialized for 8 weeks, Cloaks of Flames and Cowls of mortality had the same coveted status and they are a dime a dozen on most TLPs. These items are no different, the whole coveted status was imparted due to the once the sleeper is awoken it goes away. I guess it will hurt Marcia's bankroll but other than that I think this point has a limited basis.
  19. Alikat Lorekeeper

My experience with RI members has been more negative than positive as well, but I don't get why people want to do something to hurt a thousand people cause it's a minor inconvenience to a hundred.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

There is nothing covetous about gear on tlp.

Old school dragon loot costs peanuts. Every raiding guild has just about the same level of gear. The only difference that really matters is does the individual player hit the weekly instance.

Keeping anything "rare" for prestige on a tlp is absolute fail.

Sure on agnarr the gnome mask is rare. And nobody cares. Theyd have more joy trying to farm one rather than be awe inspired that some pixel god could obtain something so rare.