Coirnav: Sleeper's Tomb

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Aug 2, 2018.

1. versair Journeyman

Can you act anymore childish?

Sounds like you honestly need to get better at this game. Also, How exactly does someone on this server impact your gameplay? Are you seriously trying to say that if that 1 person does RMT (not saying he does) it 100% ruins your gameplay? What about the NUMEROUS asain box crews that perma camp tons of camps? They RMT more than the rest of the server combined.

Honestly, it sounds like you just need to get better at the game and stop whining. Grow up kid.
  2. That0neguy Augur

The fact that you think I am an alt account of his is ridiculous and hilarious. I've known the guy for all of 5 months. You treat him like the boogie man or something. Half the stories you here are inflated or just completely untrue. But you obviously have some major beef with the dude you can't get over and its quite sad.
  3. Numzan Augur

I dunno 1 guy, your a pretty scary dude, running 2 accounts following him on many forums. Who is worse the people that troll this Mabbu guy or you for following behind him with your hands held out. I dunno man....
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well if you've only known him 5 months then that pretty much kills your defense of him.
  5. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I 100% support the waking of the sleeper within the first week of velious! the outrage and backlash is the only way we will ever see a change to sleepers tomb on TLPs.

PS. ALL HAIL MABBU
  6. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

The people you should be angry/frustrated with are DBG themselves. They let a person like mabbu play the game again after "permabanning" him. His history is well known across many years on TLP servers and the like. If you want to be angry at anybody then be angry at DBG's ineptitude in not keeping him away from the game in the first place and letting things like this happen over and over again. That's who you should be going after.

Mabbu's sycophant followers like that0neguy are just sheep following waiting for the crumbs to drop. They aren't even that good as a guild when compared to other top guilds on other servers. I say wake the sleeper immediately. It's nothing new. The event doesn't even happen anymore so the only way to actually experience it nowadays is to watch it on youtube. Form an alliance to harass them constantly in open world. Nothing against the rules...just use their own tactics. It's obvious that DBG isn't going to ban you for taunting mobs and bringing trains while running to a target to taunt. It's evident considering it's being done by Mabbu and Co. in many cases with video proof that DBG says this is ok behavior.

C'mon y'all. Man up or shut up. Y'all talk a big game yet don't have the cajones to back it up. Grow a pair and do something about it. Give those of us watching this trainwreck of a server something good to read about for once.
  7. Crayon123 Augur

"Olive Branch" made me lol. This is code-word for "RMT."
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  8. Numzan Augur

You looking for followers? nobody's going to listen to you. They dont give two hoots, the same with DBG why they allowed all the server garbage to be swept under the carpet in the first place. The only one needed to change is DBG and the policy they pretend to endorse.

If that's the way they have to win by taunting open world mobs, then the system is broken as far as the exploits allowed to be done. server? sounds better off
  9. That0neguy Augur

So why so much hatred to RI because of these tactics? they were hardly the first, or the worst. Neither are they the only ones behaving this way on Coirnav either.
  10. Piznut Angry Gnome

I think Mabbu went crazy over this thread. I saw him racechanged to a Dwarf swimming around in TD yesterday.
  11. Coirnav Augur

He has paparazzi following him everywhere!
    Piznut and That0neguy like this.
  12. versair Journeyman

We are the crowd
    We're c-coming out
    Got my flash on it's true
    Need that picture of you
    It's so magical
    We'd be so fantastical
    Leather and jeans
    We're rock glamorous
    Not sure what it means
    But this photo of us
    It don't have a price
    Ready for those flashing lights
    Cause you know that baby I
    I'm your biggest fan
    I'll follow you until you love me
    Papa-paparazzi
    Baby there's no other superstar
    You know that I'll be
    Your papa-paparazzi
    Promise I'll be kind
    But I won't stop until that boy is mine
    Baby you'll be famous
    Chase you down until you love me
    Papa-paparazzi
    I'll be a girl backstage at your show
    Velvet ropes and guitars
    Yeah 'cause you're my
    Rockstar in between the sets
    Eyeliner and cigarettes

Shadow is burnt
    Yellow dance and we turn
    My lashes are dry
    Purple teardrops I cry it don't have a price
    Loving you is cherry pie
    'Cause you know that baby I
    I'm your biggest fan
    Papa-paparazzi
    You know that I'll be
    Your papa-paparazzi
    Promise I'll be kind
    Baby you'll be famous
    Papa-paparazzi
    Real good
    (We're dancing in the studio)
    Snap snap to
    (That on the radio)
    Don't stop
    (For anyone)
    We're plastic but we still have fun!
    I'm your biggest fan
    Papa-paparazzi
    You know that I'll be
    Your papa-paparazzi
    Promise I'll be kind
    Baby you'll be famous
    Papa-paparazzi
  13. Dupre_MIM Elder

So I pretty much ignore the forums because of flaming threads like this. However the Sleeper is an interesting topic, and I have the unique perspective of being one of the few out there who has seen ST in it's original form, and actually successfully participated in a multi-year rotation to keep the Sleeper actually sleeping back on Rallos Zek...And then subsequently killed the Sleeper. Yes I'll take my accolades now. /sarcasm off.

Do I think a rotation will work here? Absolutely not. It's ignorant to think it could work, and the instant one of the entitled man-children on this server backstabs another group of man-children, the rotation would fall apart. Most of you couldn't handle cooperation if your own mother sat you down and explained the concept.

All of that said, waking the Sleeper is a terrible choice. Those of you who are choosing to do it should strongly reconsider. The TLP servers are here for nostalgic reasons. The idea is that we are all here to enjoy the days of EQ that are long past. This is a unique experience on this server that some of us in this world got to enjoy back in the day, but that most did not. Speaking from experience, it's a marked difference in the experience of raiding ST 1.0 versus ST 2.0 on the TLP. Frankly raiding ST 2.0 feels like a waste of time.

MIM has no intention of participating in waking the Sleeper. We have a history of respecting our community on the servers we play on, and in this case we recognize the fact that the rest of the server may want to partake in this very unique content. DBG is not going to alter it to cater to those who will complain about it being woken too soon, so wishing mayhem upon the server in order to spark change isn't going to work. (Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this changed to be a time release.) This is one instance where I'd say trying to stick it to Mabbu, as much as that concept thrills the community as a whole, ultimately only hurts the community of our server.

The guild that wakes the Sleeper prematurely will be branded. You can claim all the nobility reasons you want about what RI has done to you. Then again in 3 months it probably will not matter to anyone else. It's still (Insert filtered words here) the rest of the server by cheating them out of content. To that I say congrats on being worse than RI if this is your plan, you're denying unique content to the rest of the server to get back at RI for denying you content. Totally a legit idea.

Ultimately what happens doesn't impact me. I've seen the zone. I've killed the warders time and time and time again. I killed the Sleeper after years of letting him sleep. The script is broken now, nothing cool happens, so ultimately you're making the zone worthless if you wake him. I however, would prefer to let the community who has not seen ST 1.0 actually see it.

That's my 2 cents on the matter, obviously a few weeks after the discussion started, but at least before you (insert more filtered words here) decide to wake it.
    Meridian and Critt like this.
  14. Coirnav Augur

[IMG]
  15. Ohfuggle Elder

Thread is way too long to read BUT I will add, if you DON'T wake the sleeper ... you flood the server with these prized "RMT" items correct?

What happens to items when there's an over abundance of them... their value drops?

The people who are for waking the sleeper either want to RMT or... know they'll probably never make it to that point anyhow.
  16. Fumi-chan Augur

I think you're misunderstanding, the server will not be flooded with 1.0 items. There are maybe 3-4 guilds that will be in ST early enough to benefit from 1.0, assuming nobody does wake the sleeper in the first week per the grapevine. Once the sleeper wakes, all those 1.0 items begin to appreciate in value and will continue to appreciate regardless of what expansion you're in. In other words if one guild is doing weekly instance splits + OW content in 1.0 for weeks on end and then the sleeper is woken, suddenly that one guild has a metric fuckton of 1.0 loot that is very valuable with other guilds having a few scraps.

Make no mistake, ST 1.0 is not some magical place full of unicorns and rainbows. Regardless of how events play out on Coirnav, people need to understand that it's like putting p*ssy on a pedestal; once you finally have it you soon realize it isn't anything special. :p But I guess if it's your first time then I can see the draw. In any case, best of luck to whichever side comes out winning in this shitshow.
  17. Ohfuggle Elder

Even if say 5 SoD's dropped only. You don't think Remdag can track that? Anyone stupid enough to RMT it won't last very long.

Also ST items suck outside of the monk robes, which are awesome until upper PoP. Gnome masks are a "nice to have".

The best solution would be two DZ's of sleeper. Shared lockouts between the two. Your guild can pick which version to do.
  18. Raltar Augur

Best solution is to have the Sleeper already awake when the expansion goes live.
    Ohfuggle likes this.
  19. Ohfuggle Elder

20. Coirnav Augur

Best solution would include all ST items becoming No Drop. That is my vote anyway.
    Grimblekin and Ohfuggle like this.