Coirnav SK Epic 1.0 Group Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Azereki, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Azereki New Member

Since this was posted in the main thread requesting changes to the SK epic and they are in now, figured I'd share.
    Now that the Marl changes are in and we've basically finished with our turn-in list, wanted to share some stats with you guys. It was a fun, but exhausting experiment. Thiccboi and I decided to start the list because the SK epic was insanely toxic at the start of Kunark. Between him, myself, and Necessary we started getting more people on board. At first it was difficult to convince anyone it would work, but eventually snowballed as word spread. It was a multi-guild effort and pretty cool to see people come together to help each other out. It's also cool that this level of social interaction is only still possible in MMO's like EQ.

We've had a total of 21 Shadow Knights cooperate on the Epic at all steps, but most importantly, on the Marl turn in. We used a private discord channel to communicate and coordinate with each other, tracked roughly 40 spawns, and predicted respawn windows with generally a 1-2 hour margin of error. Out of those, we managed to get about 85% of Marl turn-ins. The vast majority of those were sequential turn-ins, our longest unbroken streak was 14.

We completed 14 epics and some turn-ins for earrings and BP's, availability permitting, without anyone on the list training, blocking, or otherwise griefing anyone else trying to camp Marl. In return for waiting your turn, you didn't have to poop sock, or worry about a huge number of SK's contesting you on any given night.

Once the list was started, we helped a number of people through Caradon and pitched the list to them, we added a bunch of people this way. If they weren't interested, we left it at that, but didn't provide any other assistance. We tried to tightly manage Caradon for awhile, and it was a group effort, but petered off near the end and stopped messing with him altogether once the pending changes were revealed.

We generally went in order of sign up, but you could skip up the list based on when the next respawn time was. We always had one primary person, and up to two backup people for each turn-in, depending on how contested the spawn was and what people's general availability was for an upcoming window. People got mostly staggered thru to Lhranc - so minimal wait for him to be back up until recently. Overall, it was a huge success and I'd like to thank everyone that participated to help make it work!

If you didn't know about it, but this was something you would have liked to participate in, I'm sorry if we caused you any trouble! We tried to get as many people on board as we possibly could, but it was a huge amount of work! It'd be fun to try other stuff requiring a high level of cooperation again in the future now that we have a solid group that works together well. If you didn't join in because you thought this was a terrible idea, or sent me hate tells when I initially pitched it to the SK channel, well jokes on you. :p

If you're interested in seeing the tracking data, since it's obsolete now, you can check out this sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QxDXSm6SMB3QBy1zpYObYwjqrJ4aTXJpbpBn9qLMXqw/edit?usp=sharing
    NameAlreadyInUse and Sheex like this.
  2. Coirnav SK New Member

As someone who joined the list after it was established I found it extremely helpful on multiple fronts, 1) I had never played an SK before and was lost and confused on a few of the steps and tricks of the trade. 2) I had heard about how crazy the Marl turn-ins were and had decided I'd wait till mid-Velious to even attempt it. Why waste my time on something like that.

Aze and the crew worked together to keep respawn timers current and accurate, even though there was a "primary" and "backup" on any given turn-in I was a part of we always agreed to "race" each other unless it was just us there in which case we maintained the order.

Because of this group, I was able to get my epic about 2 weeks ago and have tried to help other SK's on the Lhranc fights or whatever else I could do. Forming this SK Illuminati may have been laughed at, mocked, or discouraged, but at the end of the day those folks missed out on a chance to make new in-game friends and turn a toxic event into something that brought much of the community together.
    Azereki likes this.
  3. monkypowah Elder

I'm interested

lmao...

the desperation is getting very real
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Props to you guys for working it out and not getting bogged down with the TLP toxicity.

It really is one of the most epic epics.
    Azereki likes this.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Brings a tear to my eye...

Thank you guys :)
    Azereki likes this.
  6. Velerin Journeyman

I was originally planning on skipping the epic due to the toxicity of this turn in but recently heard about Azeraki’s list. I was quite skeptical at first but decided to give it a try. It ended up being great. Everyone working together, watching spawns, helping each other out.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  7. a_librarian Augur

I think I accidentally stumbled into you guys fighting the mummy of Glohnor in the Hole the other week and got brutally stomped by it a few times due to it's powerful ability to aggro through walls. I found it hilarious to wander in and be mercilessly crushed by the terminator mummy and then get to take the bastard down after a shenanigan filled fight. Thank you guys for the corpse summons and rezzes there
  8. Beefi New Member

Thank you for making this happen Azereki/Thiccboi/Necessary!

I'm a part of the list and it was a joy to see people actually working together to enjoy this game instead of working in spite of each other. 10/10 would join list again.
  9. chrisp18 New Member

So who is the founder of this SK Illuminati ?
  10. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

Your group literally tried to KS my guild member's spawned Kyrenna, so don't give me this bs. Tried is the key word, because we showed up after you griefed him and stomped you.

I also don't see you mentioning on here that you guys killed Caradon over and over to prevent people from getting Kyrenna. You guys are toxic.
    monkypowah likes this.
  11. Azereki New Member

If you are talking about Phanton, you should speak with him again about how that went down. It was an honest misunderstanding. He is a part of the group, has been for awhile, and got his epic no problem. He even helped people out with Angry Goblin in FM afterward. No bad blood there at all.

12. monkypowah Elder

Hence, why they keep making bs posts like this every day. Mabbu thinks this is going to somehow save his toxic guild and toxic reputation. Keep reporting the posts and him individually until he is banned again. This is nothing new.. dude uses this same template for every server
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Why such a deck all the time?
  14. chrisp18 New Member

You guys are weaksauce complaining about someone killing kyrenna and caradon. I’ll never understand why people thInk it would be nice to have 10 people jump marl. I’ve done the sk epic 4 times total and can tell you that the caradon command and control strat was the best thing to ever happen to the sk quest.

You really can’t argue with results, it got marl changed. Welcome to eq history boys. Who came up with the idea originally?
    Azereki likes this.
  15. chrisp18 New Member

@azeriki only 3400 mana? Any elite dps sks in your guild? ;)
  16. Azereki New Member

Not sure who on other TLP servers. Thiccboi had to convince me it was the way to go. I wanted to get people to opt-in to a list on the honor system, we actually tried that first. In retrospect, there is no way it would have continued to work without enforcing Caradon and having everyone on board with that strategy.
    Nah dude, unfortunately, we are all trash-tier. :(
  17. chrisp18 New Member

I did the velious 5k mana challenge on agnarr. Good luck!
    Azereki likes this.
  18. chrisp18 New Member

Big thicc, the people’s hero! I must say it’s impressive you guys kept it up so long
    Azereki likes this.
  19. Taladir Augur

Inspiration came from Cukernaut of Faceless Empire. It was a great system, it worked, and everyone who participated was saved the 100 hours I spent at Marl on this server.
  20. Cukernaut Journeyman

Bahahaha. My idea was limited to just you. I just did it for myself on agnarr. You guys took it to a whole different level.

All I can say is... good riddance and suck it marl!
    Azereki likes this.