Coirnav server not full

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stagentti, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Stagentti Augur

He thinks it will lose people when Kunark hits because history has shown that happens.
  2. Stagentti Augur

Considering how long it is until GoD unlocks...will dry up by then.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  3. Crayon123 Augur

50-60 Coirnav XP grind and VP key camping burns a lot of people out, especially if/when they have to do it for their boxes. It's horrible on these TLP's, especially when we've all done it so many times before and just finished it not too long ago on Agnarr, and previously on Phinigel.
  4. TimeBreak Elder

The grind from 50-60 is roughly the same as the grind from 1-50, then add in the nightmare that is VP keying with contested mobs and contested ground spawns and yes attrition rate is going to be high.........
    Lantherion and Crayon123 like this.
  5. Febb Augur

The grind from 50 to 60 is not anywhere near as bad as the grind from 1 to 50. I agree VP keying is bad which is why I skipped it on phinigel. It's just not worth it due to the fact the drops in VP for upgrades are few and far between.
  6. Crayon123 Augur

Actually not true, its about the same XP values as 1-50 combined with a smaller number of highly contested zones to get said XP. You'll see when you get there, it sucks.
    TimeBreak likes this.
  7. Derd Augur

I see this thread is still going, noon on Saturday Corinav one of three full servers. A better question might be why do you think it has to be full to be a success? As long as people are playing on it and enjoying it why do you care?
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
  8. Febb Augur

I have leveled from 50 to 60 on 3 progression servers so far. It's not nearly as bad as the experience grind from 1 to 50.
  9. fastboy21 Augur

Even it were true (which I have heard before) that 50-60 is the exact numeric equivalent as 1-50 in experience points that wouldn't meant that they are equally difficulty.

The "difficult" in leveling is more than just the amount of experience points it takes to level. The availability of content, groups, etc. makes a huge impact. The release of Kunark, specifically, generally makes leveling a bit easier all the way around. The instancing mitigates the benefit that Kunark adds, but it doesn't eliminate it.
  10. Kahna Augur

Coirnav's smaller population will actually work to it's benefit when it comes time for VP keying. Fewer people to compete with means less irritation. It wasn't the 50-60 grind that hurt Agnarr so much on Kunark, it was the over population and competition that drove people away. My guild lost about 50% of it's people in Kunark on Agnarr, all those who left did so because of VP keying. Anyone who survives the 1-50 grind on Coirnav will be just fine for the 50-60 grind, probably because they understand that it's the last true grind they will ever have to do on the server. AA's are stupidly easy to get, even on Phinny back in the day.
  11. Pyxis New Member

Maybe they make all of their money the first month of the new server anyway? bags, run/regen/xp potions etc. I wonder what incentive they really would have in bumping up the XP. If the population does nose dive, a new server will be coming back up anyway, and a lot of people like to start over.

I am one of those people who play on every new TLP, love the new rush and all that stuff. I have one 50 on this server, not boxing for the first time, no alts (yet). I don't know if it is because I have played so many of these, or the XP is just slow that I have no interest in leveling again. If others are also limiting alts, this could impact slower levelers or newer people to the server getting groups to level up in. Maybe drop the population quicker?

I really do feel like this will be the last "slow" xp server for me. Agnarr was about right, I would even like playing on a server with faster than that XP. I think it would be a lot of fun, and could get more nostalgia people back to enjoy the game again. Many of the people I keep up with from back in the day, just cannot commit to the number of hours it takes to level up/enjoy content in era.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  12. -wycca Augur

People like to point to things they don't like as "reasons" why they quit. This may be the exp rate, the VP key grind, whatever. In the end, it's often just something they can point at as a reason.

As these servers go on, the people willing to start over on a new one (RF/LJ->Phin being an odd duck), ie Agnarr, and now Coirnav, start being the people who tended to not quite fit-in or people that found a "reason" to quit one of the prior servers. In essence, this is a player population that, in every iteration, becomes more skewed to people who have already quit for various reasons already from a prior server. Ie, the playerbase that is more able to find a permanent home and stick it out, has tended to already do so. The players who are serial re-starters/quitters, just aren't as likely to keep playing for whatever reasons.

I believe that this demographic phenomena is more to blame for Agnarr and Coirnav's increased attrition than any of the "reasons" that might be listed. Well, it probably doesn't help that Coirnav is a phinny clone launched not even before Agnarr is expansion-limited. Would have helped if it was different in some manner or the launch was delayed until Agnarr was capped.
  13. Green_Mage Augur

I think Agnarr rate works, but not with the huge bonus at launch. Slow exp works better for slow release expos.
  14. A_New_Cleric Journeyman

I find it interesting that those who don't like slow exp came here. Unlike Phinigel where they screwed the pooch on stated in the FAQ what the exp rate was in the beginning, Coirnav was stated that is was slow. Yet people came then started to complain.

I dunno ... maybe I'm missing something. But I hope everyone finds a server they enjoy playing on.
  15. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

I like to give things a try before making comment on them. I didn't play on phinny. I skipped it as I was busy on LJ at the time. I did play on Agnarr and it wasn't horrible leveling up. I leveled up a warrior and a necro. Didn't box any at all on Agnarr and leveled the necro up solo pretty much the entire time. The xp on Coirnav was too slow for me which is fine because there are some people who enjoy it. It's just not for me. I will wait for the next TLP before dedicating my time. Not complaining. Just leaving feedback from a potential paying customer for the future TLPs.
    A_New_Cleric and Crayon123 like this.
  16. TimeBreak Elder

This ^^^^^

I have no ill will towards anyone that enjoys Coirnav and will continue to play on it, I just want DBG to know that for the next TLP this is not what a lot of us want. Same way we expressed that when they ninja'd the xp on Phinny launch on us.

Also is there anyone left that enjoys spending months on months in classic and Kunark AGAIN, just for all gear except for epics to be replaced shortly after?

Edit: I'm not a potential paying customer, I'm still on and will continue to play on Agnarr at least for a few months. Then will probably take a break until another new, better, TLP launches.
    tankNspank and Crayon123 like this.
  17. Turinbar Augur

I can't play on this server anymore. I have a main that won't see lvl cap till kunark hits.. I can't see playing an alt and leveling to 60 w/ no xp bonus.
    Crayon123 likes this.