Coirnav server not full

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stagentti, Apr 2, 2018.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

You mean a new tlp before the prior Tlp, a pop locked one, hits pop was actually a bad idea? Say it aint so, lest we all get mocked for talking trash!
  2. Arrk Augur

The real reason.... Coirnav is nothing but a cash grab... by DBG and by the players....
    DBG just wanted to sell xp pots and bags...
    Players just wanted to make Krono to take to other servers....

What is left is a low pop who got sucked in by the above two... who will be left with a dead server ...
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes but the Q1 books will get that needed boost. Hopefully this pleases a buyer and dbg sells EQ to a more ambitious company.

We can hope...
    TLP4Life likes this.
  4. TLP4Life New Member

Coirnav is dead. For a good laugh, check out the dead subreddit and the progress site.

They’re just as dead.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I mean I wouldn't post in a subreddit controlled by Mabbu either.
    Silvara, Guzzle and TLP4Life like this.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I don't want to laugh, it makes me sad. I don't want Coirnav to fail. I honestly thought it would be doing better than this. What really matters is how many guilds are sticking around and how many players they've managed to keep.
  7. Aegir Augur

If it's already about clinging on to the members you got 3 weeks into Classic Era, Then it's pretty much game-over. I'm guessing a lot of exaggeration are rolling in this thread, but it's still a wake-up call to either let the current TLPs live their life for a while, or come up with something completely new.
  8. Kibanu Augur

9. Derd Augur

11 20 cst it is the only full server yep it's dead. Lol
  10. Kahna Augur

Coirnav is far more casual than any of the other progression servers I have been on. People aren't using the tracking site because they don't care about the tracking site. Folks have been out there killing stuff. They aren't using reddit because they don't care about reddit. Heck, my first guild had a hard time just getting people to join discord to read the guild rules. Said they didn't want to deal with out of game stuff because they were casual.

Even Mabbu's zerg guild is super casual, pretty sure Naggy was up all day on Easter sunday. Biggest problem I have found on the server is casuals thinking that being casual means they can be bad. Not wanting things organized or to have any structure because apparently having a plan and successfully implementing it isn't casual enough, they just want things to happen.

For a server that apparently "doesn't cater to casuals" the thing is chock full of them.
    Bonezone and Critt like this.
  11. Wiff Elder

This completely unscientific and of limited value, but I was bored.

At about 5:00pm Eastern:

People in the Warrior channel

Ragefire: 16
    Agnarr: 33
    Coirnav: 64

People in the Druid channel

Ragefire: 17
    Agnarr: 68
    Cornav: 132
  12. seveian New Member

I think this type of stat is good for comparing if you're talking about different times of day on the same server, or two servers closely matched in progression, but I think the more mature servers probably have a lot more people who aren't in the class (or any) auto joined chat channels.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Channels don't really tell you much. On an older server more people have simply turned off autojoin.

Also, despite people thinking our community wants to see our favorite game fail, that's not the case. I think its more along the lines of, give the community garbage and sure we will play but well leave a lot sooner. Its the trajectory that coirnav is on that's so disappointing. The current population probably supports a classic Norrath just fine.
  14. Crayon123 Augur

All I can say is good luck in Kunark! I'll engrave the tombstone ahead of time for ya.
    Lantherion likes this.
  15. Kahna Augur

I am actually interested in seeing what Kunark does to the server. On Phinny Kunark wasn’t nearly as hellish as it was on Agnarr. There was far less attrition. Was it the fighting over keys that made Kunark worse on Agnarr? Doubtful, as Phinny had keying worse for the first week or so until they changed the spawn rates. Could be that Phinny was just still new and shiny and everyone pushed through the bad times but didn’t have the heart for it on Agnarr. Dunno about that one either though, since plenty of the folks we lost to Kunark on Agnarr were never on Phinny, so wer less likely to have “second time around” burnout. Could it be that the slower exp gave people more to do in Kunark? On Agnarr I was 60 in 4 days, took much longer on Phinny. Perhaps it just left less time for folks to realize that Kunark raids are horrid, and there just isn’t much to do once you hit max level and get your epic.

I don’t know what the answer is, I just know that the slow ep server didn’t suffer as badly in Kunark as the fast exp server did. Maybe the exp had nothing to do with that, but I am interested in seeing how it plays out here.
  16. smash Augur

Imo, if people not playing there, it is not due to low xp, but rather how many places can you be active.

Have you got a good network where you are and do you think you can get another just as good or even better and are you willing to risk losing your ols network.
  17. discordkitty Augur

Honestly the only population captures worth a are in the PST and EST prime times, anything during the day is a joke - which is what everyone is sharing to show Coirnav is failing.

Don't get me wrong, I do not like Coirnav and bailed the first week, but weird hour screen caps showing either it or Agnarr as top dog are not relevant because they're not during prime time.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

There are arguments that could be made that the non-prime time population numbers reflect euro and aussie interest in the server which could be low. But I don't think that is irrelevant or the whole story on what is going on.

I just checked the meters, at 10:40AM Eastern: Agnarr, Phinny, and Coirnav are all at 2/3rds of a bar. Coirnav has hit a full bar at least an hour earlier than now, every day this week. I'm only comparing Coirnav to itself, and Agnarr at similar points in its launch. What I know at this point for sure, Coirnav is nowhere near as popular as Agnarr was in its third week.

To be fair, not being as popular as Agnarr doesn't mean it's a failure or dead. But we can't pretend this launch isn't falling off quicker than Agnarr did. This is the first week without the bonus exp and the meter is showing the effects of it. But the meter only shows us the low end, which means we won't know enough until it's too late. In effect, the meter isn't a good gauge of the prime time numbers, because they would far exceed its capped value long before the population dropped to a dangerous level.
  19. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

For Agnarr and Phinigel - do the afk traders in the bazaar count toward the population count? I know on Phinigel we had 650+ traders at all times for luclin.

Edit: As a side note I don't play on Coirnav and have no idea about its actual population.
  20. Silvara Elder

So many forum warriors discussing the downfall of Coirnav. I almost feel like you need this server to fail in order to validate some sad part of you as being right (spoiler: you're not).
    A_New_Cleric and Ajjantis like this.