[Coirnav]Race change pots not in the Daybreak store

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mesocornaiv, Apr 21, 2018.

1. mesocornaiv Lorekeeper

Hey -- race change pots aren't in the daybreak store on coirnav. Is this intentional, or an oopsy?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Coirnav has to re-earn its racechange pot priviledge
    ForumBoss likes this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

When were those added to marketplace? SoD?

It would be nice to not see them on TLPs until then. Being able to race change to an Iksar immediately on launch or a Vah Shir or a Drakkin seems dumb. They make sense when racials are irrelevant and new races stop being introduced. But not before that.
  5. Menthas Journeyman

I can agree with you regarding your posts about distillates trivializing encounters like Quarm... but this? What are you even talking about.
  6. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

They will cost you 150k plat
    Risiko likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

its not a bad point... but maybe too harsh. I could see people simply not joining a server until they can play what they want. But a nice compromise might be delay iksar race change until 2 weeks into an expansion. Then, you still get to see the race progression rather than have it be totally trivialized on day 1.
    snailish likes this.
  8. Seben New Member

I don’t think you can convince daybreak to start hating money but it’s worth a shot I guess
    snailish likes this.
  9. snailish Augur

They make the most $ off them early on for progression servers. Hence they restricted more combos to suit historical patch eras even though nothing was harmed by gnome SKs at launch. I don't blame them, $ keeps the game on, and would even be tempted to go radical and limit far more combos in classic, but that is radical and really unlikely to ever happen.

However, if they could be delayed by a few weeks after Kunark launch it might be interesting.

I wonder if it is coded in such a way that they can limit the race change within an era the race is creatable? You can't racechange to Vah Shir or Drakkin before their respective expansions (or at least shouldn't be able to) but this is asking for the limit to be in-era.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They don't allow certain marketplace items to unlock until certain eras. For example 75% EXP potions aren't available until a few expansions in.

In TLP servers classes and races are introduced at specific expansion unlocks. It seems odd they allow you to bypass these unlocks by immediately switching races to a race with the A preferable racial ability like Iksar regen/AC or drakkin for Breath or even swapping to halfling temporarily for a level grind due to their bonus.

The potion wasn't actually created until much later on and shouldn't be on TLPs until around when it was introduced on Live servers which I thought was about SoD.
  11. mesocornaiv Lorekeeper

After a bit more digging, I found quite a few sources that stated that potions automatically unlocked with Kunark on Phinny. Now that I think of it, I wouldn't have even looked for a potion on Phinny until my shaman was ready to go iksar. Thanks for all the healthy debate though fellas.
  12. Prathun Developer

We received reports that some characters on Coirnav were losing spells when race changing, so we removed the item from the Marketplace while we look into / resolve the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience. It should be back soon(tm).
  13. mesocornaiv Lorekeeper

Thanks for the response there Prathun! I won't need one until it's time to grow scales on June 8th anyway.