Coirnav on lifesupport

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Payyne, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Piku Elder

LOL
  2. Riddish Lorekeeper

58 sk and shaman box, it's 50% exp, and can't find a group. It's actually been a very solo journey to this level (including using krono for some PL) over these last almost 2 months. Pretty discouraging actually.
  3. Son_of_a_Bixie New Member

Because TLP server attrition is a thing and because it sucking to lose toons to dead servers is also a thing...I would like if DBG would allow transfers (paid of course) between TLPs*** with the stipulation that the target server is at least one xpac ahead of the origination server.

Can't think of any good reason why this shouldn't be a thing.

***- ALL TLPs...Agnarr too. The server may remain locked until fire consumes the planet for all I care but let players move off and progress (other than to Live).
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you want to join old servers then don't wait for a transfer. You could probably pay anyone 1 krono and they could have you level 70 in a couple hours if not less.

The newbie game is obsolete on mature servers.
  5. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

We appreciate this game guys at Daybreak Games, and would love you to address the population glut that appears to have come on the heels of your dropping two new TLP servers.

If I had my druthers it would be a merging with another TLP server, though I am unsure which server best marries up with the Coirnav rule set.

Thanks.
  6. Nolrog Augur

I think that is the biggest issue of all of them. Too many, too fast.
    Tiane likes this.
  7. Malkayah New Member

I've heard a number of folks float the idea of opening up transfers from Agnarr to Coirnav once LDoN is out (one person even dreamed out-loud for character copy, instead of full transfer).

I do wonder if this would make any meaningful impact...
  8. Captain Video Augur

To the OP: As long as there are at least a few raid guilds on Coirnav working their way through the progression content, DBG won't touch it. And it won't be dead. The servers are all virtual at this point anyway, and the incremental cost to DBG of keeping an additional server running is apparently very small, since they have no motivation to merge Live servers that only have a couple of raid guilds each. SOE/DBG have a history of reviewing the transfer rules whenever a full guild approaches them and says they want to move en masse from A to B. So, if Coirnav players would like to gain a progression guild or two from Agnarr when the time comes (soon), it might be better not to exclaim to the world that the server is dying!
  9. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

"cOiRnAv wiLL bE LiVe aNd hEaLtHy aFtEr tHe NeW tLpS. nObOdY wiLL qUiT aNd gO ThErE!!!"
    -Every Coirnav player at the announcement of the new 20th Anniversary TLPs.

The same thing happened to Agnarr when Coirnav was announced. Live with it. You're the TLP of the past. Nobody is interested.
  10. Spayce Augur

I don't think they are concerned about thew health of Coirnav at all.

However, adjusting the unlock timer for GoD is something even these devs can handle without breaking something (probably), and would actually help slow down the population bleed of the server.
  11. Machentoo Augur

So again, why do you think they would want to slow down the population bleed of the server?

If players are going from Coirnav to another, newer server, that's most likely not something that DBG would want to prevent, slow down or contain.
  12. a_librarian Augur

People that had any interest in a new server have already left. The rest are probably staying until their guilds collapse from attrition, and then most likely quitting the game
  13. Camoeb New Member

The problem with Coirnav was the fact that it was a phinny clone. People did not want another slow xp server and there were plenty of complaints at the time the server was announced. Agnarr had just gone through Kunark/Velious and was about half way through Luclin if I'm remembering correctly. And I know my guild had no interest at the time to switch over to an even slower xp server to repeat the content we had just done. Mangler/Selo's is much closer to what the community has been asking for and hopefully these servers wont die off quickly but there's no telling it's entirely possible that another server comes out next march and it puts Mangler in the same situation that Coirnav is in now.
  14. a_librarian Augur

Next year they're probably going to push out something big to try and draw back lost subs from classic WoW. Probably 2 new servers and at least one with free trade loot
  15. nazgull2k1 Elder

coirnav was a trash server that was doomed from the word go. I didnt even bother rolling a toon on it. Knew it was a complete waste of time. Frankly if they'd close it down and move everyone to another server, I wouldnt even blink.

Coirnav = Lockjaw 2.0
  16. celox New Member

just allow people to transfer from coirnav to selo server that will boost selo's population.

can allow transfer when gates is released on selo or even 1 or 2 weeks in gates of discord.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hopefully we get one with slow exp and corpse runs right?
  18. Tierdal Augur

how is it worse rules?
  19. Fan of Scott Journeyman

this server is still fun to play on but I like idea of transfer to Selo
  20. Herf Augur

Add to the insult that when the new servers come out the existing servers are taken off the "Preferred" listing, so anyone looking to play again will naturally go to the ones marked preferred.