Coirnav - Luclin Launches the Day before Thankgiving

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ohfuggle, Oct 9, 2018.

1. RandomStrategy Augur

While instancing is nice for everyone to see content and get loot, the most fun I've ever had playing this game is (hands down) racing DPS on raid mobs. The chase was exhilarating. Sadly, that ends with instancing everything later on.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hence, time to start over.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

Nope, it was fun to do it once, but I'm not waking up to batphones at 3:30 AM anymore.
    Risiko likes this.
  4. Ohfuggle Elder

Still looking for a dev's input on this.
  5. Xhartor Augur

6. Gremin Augur

LJ/RF had an expansion set to be launched on Xmas day, so they pushed it back two weeks.
    taliefer and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  7. AwwYiss New Member

i'd like to get an answer to this as well, because it's just a really -bad- time to launch an xpac.
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Agreed. At least an answer either way so we can plan or not plan.
  9. Risiko Augur

I think the fact that you have gotten no answer is your answer. In other words, it's going to happen the way they have it planned and scheduled already. It's less than a month away now.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

If they had to or not.. I don't know. They did have a presence at all of the camp spots for VT shards (in multiple pickzones) as well as Seru Praetors and several Ssra pickzones.

I do know... You can fight Emp in his room and have assist from outside. I also know that, you can get Rifts without being Emp keyed, due to the advanced loot feature.

I've never seen him pulled from his room via taunt. The closest you can get is the corner of the room by the door past the click in... Not saying it was impossible. Definitely would have to have a group or so keyed to pull Blood & adds to the corner, then get them taunted down... Same with Emp after he became active. Either way.. Emp room keys were not a hindrance for Luclin progression. It was the Glowing orbs.

I didn't follow them around. I honestly didn't care. By staying out of their way, we assured less grief while farming our own key parts down the road. It also gave leverage when we did key up & down Emp, to get into VT without a big fuss.

Our guild has raid nights. We don't batphone. We don't poopsock. For open world content, there would have been nothing but headaches all around trying to compete with those who would muster up a raid any night that a boss spawned (or any time they spawned, for FI).

The hardest part about VT keying is/was the glowing orbs. No matter how you cut it, there was no way to increase the number of those drops. Even with the low hanging fruit abandoned by the spearhead progression guilds..It took quite some time to gather up the orbs.

We left Emp alone until we gathered the glowing orbs. By then, Emp blocking was severely diminished and we had little resistance getting in Emp kills. With a ton of Rifts, past the 2nd Emp kill, we even opened up spots to those other guilds (and guilds at our progression status that have killed Emp) to get Rifts for alts, mains who missed their kills/raids, recruits, etc.. This also ensured less griefing over a kill from those in/moving to VT who just wanted the key piece.
  11. Ohfuggle Elder

There's no telling what they'll do too be honest. They've definitely see this thread by now I'm certain, maybe they've had a meeting or will, and changes will come... or they won't.

Would just be nice get some feedback either way.
  12. AwwYiss New Member

I mean a non answer isn't an answer, and if there's precedent for them to have moved it before due to a holiday i don't see why they wouldn't at least address it here as well.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

A non-answer is a defacto decision, if not an answer. And Christmas Day launch is not the same as the day before Thanksgiving launch.
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

FIs server first Emp kill was with a fully keyed raid force in his room.
    Gremin likes this.
  15. Trizek Augur

Neither is everyone else with a job, families, and responsibilities these days.

I too secretly enjoyed the Batphone era of Classic EQ back when I had no real worries except School (LOL) but I can't push my responsibilities aside like I did with School.

And with that said, I'm thankful I can have low playtime and still do end game content on a set schedule thanks to instancing.
  16. FluttyMan Elder

not everyone is american guys, some of us don't give a toss about thanksgiving
  17. Crayon123 Augur

Sucks for you, no turkey dinner.
  18. Xeris Augur

Why can't you eat Turkey on the other 364 days of the year? Turkey is delicious. Never understood why it was only eaten on Thanksgiving.
  19. Gremin Augur

I eat turkey all the time. Love to cook em and eat em.

True, but the company is American based.
  20. Crayon123 Augur

And we all know America is the only continent that matters. The rest of you are just wanna-bees.