Coirnav - Luclin Launches the Day before Thankgiving

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ohfuggle, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Ohfuggle Elder

Can we please get this launch adjusted? Your staff is already limited, if anything comes up there is no way you'll have the manning to resolve any "game breaking" issues.

Launch it on Friday the 23rd or Monday the 19th instead. Seeing how Velious has been released 2 weeks early before and other mishaps, this should be an obvious and easy situation to correct. Especially recognizing the majority of your players are US based.
  2. Junior00 Elder

EQ - providing methods to avoid your family since '99.
    Wyre Wintermute, Risiko and andross77 like this.
  3. Coirnav Augur

I can honestly say that I will be on for launch whatever day it launches, but I would favor an adjustment in the release date for my guilds US players who don't want to be over-tired zombies for Thanksgiving dinner. We will be raiding regardless, but you could help me be less of a slum lord by forcing our hand! lol
  4. Gronns Lorekeeper

I love the release date...Lines up perfectly with Thanksgiving Vacation
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  5. taliefer Augur

this is pretty similar to how ragefire and lockjaw were due to launch on expansion on like christmas eve or something (i forget the specifics) and they adjusted it then. hopefully they do the same here.

my preference would be to push it up a week early. velious is great n all, but bring on the AAs
    Ohfuggle likes this.
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Please make it a week earlier.
  7. Risiko Augur

I have to say that I am looking forward to enjoying Luclin during the Thanksgiving holiday as I will be off work an extra two days that week. But, I can see why some would be inconvenienced by it.
  8. Junior00 Elder

Not sure what you'll be raiding on day 2, more like farming Emp keys and shards at that point. Splitting orb mobs and nabbing some other small time mobs isn't going to consume a lot of time. At least, it shouldn't.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

With pick zones, shard farming and emp key farming will not be an issue. The top guilds will have that handled within a day Emp will go down on Day 1- Day 2.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-less-than-48-hours-from-launch.236910/page-2
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Please push luclin back 5 months.
    Raltar and Bobbybick like this.
  11. Piznut Angry Gnome

I would like to see it on Monday of the same week honestly just because folks go out of town for thanksgiving. I scheduled vacation that week in anticipation of Thanksgiving and Luclin release (We have to schedule vacations 3 months in advance) so I would be annoyed if they changed the entire week.
  12. Gronns Lorekeeper

Please leave it and do not accommodate the scrubs
  13. Ohfuggle Elder

Your family must love being ignored for pixels, err do you have one?
  14. Gronns Lorekeeper

Yep they love it ;)
  15. Darkhain Elder

Good think we don't have that in EU or Asia !
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Releasing on a holiday ppl complain... release on a regular week people complain....

Lets face it if there is a problem it was never going to be fixed well anyways. Rather some nuisance than taking the server down all day.
  17. Watchitplx New Member

Think the log in servers will be figured out by then?
  18. Stankydanky1 New Member

Bump - Please fix. Thanksgiving week is no bueno.
  19. Rovell Elder

If there's a way to push it a week back, that would be great! Thanksgiving launch is rough...

ps... that would also help POP launch which is on Valentine's day...

#spousesmatter
  20. its_a_secret Journeyman

Would love to experience the race however the holiday will prevent this. Not going to see races for opening content on Thanksgiving. If it were moved to a better time, then I'd participate.