Coirnav is dead for new players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kronotowin, Jul 6, 2018.

1. kenshin111 New Member

I've actually raised 3 alts now past 45. I'm not sure where all these "I can't find a group" complaints come from. I'm guessing these are the people who don't play tanks/clerics/enchanters and still expect to get a tell for a group within 15 minutes of throwing their LFG tag up.

If these folks learned to actually use the LFG tool and put together groups instead of expecting tells for a group to come to them, they might find that they get groups a lot faster. An extra bonus is you can invite the class composition you like!
  2. kenshin111 New Member

Also forgot to mention that the exp bonus was this week, so there were plenty of people choosing to level their alts instead of sell items in CL tunnel. I would check it again later today, I bet it's gonna be busy now that people will want to spend their time selling all that stuff they looted while grouping.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Coirnav was a canned TLP that launched with a 1-month heads up and before the most-current TLP even hit POP.

What did people expect would happen?
  4. Herf Augur

From what I see in General chat on Agnarr, Agnarr seems to have either new people, or people making new alts, so there are lower to medium level groups.
  5. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

6. Brunlin Augur

Hmm obviously you dont play on Coirnav. Its very easy to get groups in the low levels on the server. During the 4th the server was really popping, peeps everywhere. A couple of days after that though population did take a dip but thats only because everyone played hardcore during the xp bonus, so people were just taking a break.
  7. Fhiele Augur

Coirnav had a relatively low pop even at start compared to Agnarr/Phinny/Ragefire/Lockjaw.

But you don't need a very large population, and honestly, it might let sub-uber players play at being uber by doing all their weekly scheduled raids, and still having open world content available. The real pop crunch won't happen until the next round of TLP opens. I hope, for Coirnav's sake, that the next "gimmick" server is a one-off seasonal server and not a fresh TLP.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

EQ accountants looking at a Phinny 3.0 as a "sure thing" I imagine...

Expect it in Q4.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Combine/Sleeper has been the only progression server in history never to be undermined by another progression server release. Whether it is three months, six months or a year from now, I think it is a pretty safe bet that at some point a new progression server will launch and leech pop from Coirnav.
  10. Midnitewolf Augur

Got to say that the OP is totally off the Mark. I just started back playing EQ about 2 weeks ago and decided on Coirnav because it happened to be on the same expansion the game was when I first started playing. I started a Dark Elf in Neriak and a Iksar in Cablis and both newbie zones had at least a dozen players in them leveling if not more. Also I decide to cheat a bit and twink the hell out of my characters and bought 2 Krono which I promptly sold for Plat. As my unofficial tradeskill back in the day was "Market Trader" (ie. buying low, selling high) and I am used to spending days on end just watching the auctions scroll by looking for deals. Honestly, I spent probably 40 hours total in the last two weeks just hanging out in the tunnel and it was anything but dead. Also the pricing of items while totally outrageous for some "best in slot" items costing 5...10...50 Krono (Who the hell $100-900 floating around for a flipping cape with 3 more intelligence on it that other items is beyond me though), the vast majority of equipment was reasonable, honestly about the same it was back in the day to be honest. I think I paid 1000pp for a Ornate Ruined Shield, 200pp each for loam items for my chanter, 1400pp for an Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate (regen item), 300pp for an Sarnak Arcane Fetish. Honestly there was quite a bit of half way decent gear and weapons selling for under 300pp so prices aren't an issue.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Basically, the EQ TLP community is okay with the iPhone 9 being "about as good as" the iPhone 5.
  12. dtwhitehouse New Member

Consistently shows as most populated server, end of story.
  13. Scrax Elder

With boxes... All 30 of the Chinese RMTs at King camp count as a population.

Also yes Agnarr has a lot of new players, a lot of buffers in PoK and high level players giving away loot to new players. And with frogs coming out tomorrow I would take this opportunity to level on Agnarr. if you are new.
  14. dtwhitehouse New Member

I had someone give me a lowbie weapon. still the only item i have with any stats. also, still put a smile on my face to get an item with something besides AC on it.

i see your point Scrax, about boxers upping population but thats gonna be any/every server. the discussion was about this server being dead, it isn't.
  15. taliefer Augur

i still use my iphone 5 cause none of the upgrades are worth the huge price tags~
  16. Jebasiz Journeyman

Started on Cornaiv last week, level 30..super casual. Been grouped almost the whole time. Just a couple hours a day. I don't know how you're having a problem..unless you're sitting in one zone waiting for groups to come to you. Unrest is always crowded..Chardok, Seb, Karnors, Lguk, Upper Guk..it's harder to find a camp spot than a group.
    Numzan likes this.
  17. Numzan Augur

Well having a Tank, or Chanter, Cleric are by far the best options. This is what i found out to happen. Because Classic, Kunark requires specific classes in most groups to balance out well vrs the low xp rate some groups are already pre defined to work at Max Xp values. Pickup groups are very difficult to find the exact classes required.

LFG tool, is working as long as players use it and groups use the tool to replace the character they need. To lfg on doesnt display you in the LFG tool. Bug there not adding you to this tool.

From 1-12 you pretty much are just in a fluff group, or solo. It still nets the best xp in Unrest, lots will pick you up.

From 13-28 you can keep at Unrest go from MR to FP, then to basement.

From 29 on you want to hit up Lower Guk Bedroom groups, then progress to other areas until over 40.

The 40 range till 60 can be rough to find groups with lack of tanks, clerics, enchanters because most need the best Xp rates.

Best advice to level up is to stay in an area, and dont move around until you can max out your levels. Moving locations in Kunark, and Classic suck. You lose precious time trying to get all the gear you can or quest items. Not everyone knows the best route to powerlvl in Kunark, so new efficient leveling systems such as Pet fighting, Charming, AE groups are designed to net the best XP till 60.

I still recommend a guild, best suited to your needs. Groups are not always formed either in guilds. I have been in 3 guilds and most are not very active with getting to know you.

Hope that helps on all servers, as i have been playing since 1998
  18. Piznut Angry Gnome

Then go play on one.
  19. Jebasiz Journeyman

I was posting in reference to someone saying they couldn't find groups or level up on the server..not saying I was having a problem. I mean, lguk is ok..but it is camped up a lot. Bedroom undead and bats can get pulled by other camps..and you get stuck waiting on spawns. I'd rather be in dalnir and have my free run at anything..or even dreadlands. Dungeons are great..but mostly, I consider them for drops/loot, exp is easy to find almost anywhere.
  20. Gromph Elder

every comment you have made has been false, plain and simple, you are clearly not playing on coirnav with your statements.