[Coirnav] Help me pick a trio

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dobs, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Ronzark Augur

Who died and made you the judge of how people should have fun?
  2. Agonybot New Member

Not telling anyone how to have fun; I'm telling everyone that anyone answering the question about what to use in a trio that isn't including an Enchanter at all times is being disingenuous and irresponsible. The person can play however they want; but if that is the case, then there is no reason to post a thread asking for tips. My Dude.
  3. Ronzark Augur

That is certainly a good example of someone telling other people what to do. It may be implicit, and you didn't say it explicitly, but it's as clear as the Liberty Bell that you think your opinion is far more important than anyone who might disagree.

Get off your high horse, not everyone wants to play the game for the same reasons you do.

Oh, and they didn't post asking for snide condescending opinions that insult and degrade any that think differently. If they did, you'd be in the clear.
  4. Ronzark Augur

He asked for opinions, not derision. There is a difference. Sad that you don't know that.

FYI, I play a chanter. And I think that without one when boxing you're crippled. But IF you want to play that way, go for it. I'm not gonna say someone is deluded or irresponsible for wanting to have fun however they wanna have fun. And that's what he did, and you justified with your sarcasm and veiled insults.
  5. Dixa Augur

this has not been my experience on agnarr. necro dots don't last very long while leveling and you have to recast them somtimes three times starting in the mid 20's and that's on a twinked necro with bone-clasped girdle. their damage per dot is not on the same level as druids or shaman and the amount of mana necros blow on dotting is pretty insane while leveling
  6. Dobs Elder

Thanks a ton for all the insight on this thread.

I've decided (till i change my mind again, damn EQ choices!), that i will go for PAL/SHM/NEC. Gives me the opportunity to charm and the shm/nec in itself is pretty good damage for my needs. If i set up the nec/shm as base, i like what they bring, then the SK wouldnt bring more than the paladin and his utility and defensive nature. Both their DPS is bellow average at best (Not taking HT and tap-spam into consideration).

And then it's just a huge plus that there isnt a million paladins around, like with shadowknights.

Thanks for helping out! ;)
  7. Machentoo Augur

One advantage to sk over paladin is that the entire group could FD then. Being able to train down to whatever you want to do and flop your entire group to clear aggro is pretty handy. Something to consider...
  8. Dobs Elder

Okay... well...

Changed our minds again from pal/nec/shm to pal/dru/Ench and then again back to sk/shm/nec. While I still think that enchanters are so very powerful in so many ways, regarding the group content, and I really wanted to main a druid, then we went back to the sk/shm/nec after leveling past 25.

I was excited to try and make the enchanters work as a dps off character, only focusing of charm, CC and some buffs. But it didn't take us long to realize that the upkeep was too high for me to box the enchanters, and my wife really didn't felt it neither. And if we didn't charm, our dps was horrible

The sk/nec/shm has a lot of dps and the ability to charm if we feel like it. Then I just need to work harder to try and keep ae aggro.

EQ is frustrating :)
  9. Dobs Elder

It probably isn't to be fair. I mean who even uses the SK pet? :)

The issue with the paladin was mainly two things (at level25ish anyway). They need some sort of mana regent, and necro feed didn't cut it and I had issues both holding aggro on one and even more on multiple targets. And without hard CC, that was a problem. Granted I don't have my stun yet, but even if it did felt with the aggro, then I'd have more mana issues.

I realize that with luclin, they get cease and desist.. but that doesn't seem to fix the AE aggro. That's an assumption though. If someone know better, please let me know :)
  10. Saolyene New Member

Paladins also get heals which make a big difference on aggro. Group heals = a form of AE Taunt.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

The game changes ao much after POP. I would consider not just your goals but when you want to peak and or if you want to reroll.

Early on for group content you cant beat an enc. Its just not even close. They can duo mini group bosses in era and even in pop the enc charmed pet just embarasses tanks and dps classes in pOF. But that doesnt last.