Coirnav by the numbers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TeeEHLpee, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Tachyon Augur

There's plenty of time, you just have to make choices!

I played on Phinny which was similar in terms of xp and expansion time. I never played more than 20-25 hours a week (often less) and I took weeks off over the summer. I was mid-40s when Kunark opened and mid-50s when Velious opened. I still raided regularly.

By the mid-Velious I was caught up at 60 and had decent enough gear to raid through Luclin. Fast forward and the guild I raided with went all the way through PoP to Time in about six to eight weeks and I was fully raid geared, 90% from the Planes.

As mentioned, I skipped a lot of the time sinks (VP, ST, tradeskills, alts), but I had a great time! If xp had been faster I probably would have played even less.
  2. Risiko Augur

This experience is... sigh... really. sigh... /curlsupinaballinthecorner
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

They didn't change it for Phinigel (until much later) so I doubt they'll change it for Coirnav.

Some of you will recall that the Phinny exp rate was a shock to players. It was a stealth change to RF/LJ rates. If you're tempted to quote from the DBG Phinny page regarding exp rates, remember that page was updated well after Phinny launched.
  4. Tsar Journeyman

I appreciate the conclusion about Corinav, but the statement about Agnarr is not really true.

I play agnarr about 40 hours a week, sometimes less; I only started in the first week of February, and have spent zero dollars on XP pots. In that time i have leveled a chanter to 60, 120 aa's, and VT keyed after starting with literal nothing. I have also had time to level a Wizard to 60 with 90 aa's, and VT keyed as well, all the while raiding 3-4 nights a week.

My purpose is not to brag, but to say that maybe Agnarr xp rate is a little higher than it needs to be. Corinav is too slow, though. It is not unbearable right now with the 50% bonus, but when that goes away at the end of the month, i will probably never play the server again until i can afford to buy PL's with krono i acquire on Agnarr, and not unless the server population is high enough to be worth the effort.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Playing full-time 40 hours week and thinking the exp is just a bit too fast.... :rolleyes:
    Xanumbik and TeeEHLpee like this.
  6. TeeEHLpee Augur

You are not a raider :) All good if thats what you dont want to do. Im here to raid as soon as I can. I dont need to be server first but I dont want to spend 50% of the expansion in grind mode.
  7. TeeEHLpee Augur

Agnarr rate is too fast @ 40 hours a week? (lawlz) and Coirnav is to slow but you are going to buy a PL.
  8. Lantherion Elder

you know i normally agree with your opinion but the fact is that your still playing on coirnav which means daybreak doesn't care about your opinion because your already a paying customer and you apparently will play whatever they release.
  9. TeeEHLpee Augur

If I pop a krono, i might as well finish it out? I am going to use that to farm more krono for the next TLP. Why waste it when I can farm?
  10. Tsar Journeyman

This is a reductive, but not inaccurate summation of my post, yes. Your point?
  11. TeeEHLpee Augur

If you can't see it, I'm not explaining.
  12. Snorl Lorekeeper

So you contradict my post by saying there is plenty of time, then say you skipped all the time sinks like keying, trade skills, alts etc...... no.
  13. Snorl Lorekeeper

On the two classes that can insta-form an aoe group no less....
  14. Snorl Lorekeeper

So you picked the two classes that need relatively low aa and can insta-form AoE groups together. Get back to me when you are a rogue or a hybrid who can use 200+ aa and bank another 120 for pop and you have 220-300 in all your tradeskills, have your epics, have your VP key, have your coldain rings and shawls and the other miscellaneous time sink quests done in each xpac.

Good thing the server only needs wizards and chanters to progress.
  15. GoodGame New Member

A lot of crying in this thread. The vast majority of the population was not maxed out on their main character let alone an alt when a new expansion was released. If you can't max your character out, it's OK. Everquest was never about inclusiveness.
  16. Teagray New Member

For players that like to make alts, they should make an additional set of new potions that gives an additional bonus for each char to lvl 50 you have on your account.

exp_rate = 1.0 + .25 + (.25 * _num_of_max_chars);

potions could be a couple more dbc than their non alt-centric siblings.
  17. TeeEHLpee Augur

So why not increase exp to keep more customers playing? If the exp was faster, I would continue to sub / pop a krono to play alts. Since the exp is so bad, I will not be resubbing along with a portion of ppl that already stopped.
  18. discordkitty Augur

I decided today I was done with it, made a few krono and I'll be playing on Agnarr full time again until there's a better new TLP out ;p
    practicalnurse likes this.
  19. Lankie Augur

I was about to say the same. Does the calculation really assume that you'll log in and instantly be in a group grinding experience?? The numbers get more efficient as your play time increases, but drastically get worse the less you play.

For example, let's say the average LFG / Travelling time / buffing / finding camp is 30 minutes.

If you play a:
    3 hour session that's 16% of your time spent NOT grinding.
    2 hour session that's 25% of your time spent NOT grinding.
    1 hour session that's 50% of your time spent NOT grinding.

Let's plug these numbers into the total levelling time (just base XP no potions).
    --- 4 hour 100% Grinding: 175 hours: 8.3 weeks / 6.25 weeks

3 hour per day 16% non-grinding: 203 hours: 9.7 weeks
    2 hour per day 25% non-grinding: 219 hours: 15.6 weeks
    1 hour per day 50% non-grinding: 263 hours: 37.5 weeks

As you can see, slow XP is much worse for someone with less play time.

The difference between 3 hours a day and 2 hours a day means it will basically take you TWICE as long to reach 50.

Someone that plays 3 hours a day, will probably have a day off here and there, most likely won't reach level cap before midway through velious.
    Ronzark likes this.
  20. Lankie Augur

Done my numbers wrong, real value is much higher amount of hours.