Coirnav by the numbers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TeeEHLpee, Mar 23, 2018.

1. TeeEHLpee Augur

Lets start running some numbers here:
    1 - 50 grind - ~80-100 hours(if not more) with constant 25% pot running. Lets say its 100 hours to make it easy.

Based on 100 hours with 50% mod and 25% pot:

1 to 50(with 25% exp pot and 50% bonus) - 100 hours
    1 to 50(without 25% pot and with 50% mod) - 125 hours
    1 to 50(with 25% pot and without 50% bonus) - 150 hours
    1 - 50 (without 25% and without 50% mod) - 175 hours
    Check the math!
    Average play time 3-4 hours a day 7 days a week: 21 - 28 hours a week if you play every day.
    1 to 50(with 25% exp pot and 50% bonus) - 100 hours: 4.77 weeks / 3.57 weeks
    1 to 50(without 25% pot and with 50% mod) - 125 hours: 5.95 weeks / 4.46 weeks
    1 to 50(with 25% pot and without 50% bonus) - 150 hours: 7.14 weeks / 5.36 weeks
    1 to 50 (without 25% and without 50% mod) - 175 hours: 8.3 weeks / 6.25 weeks

12 weeks per expansion til PoP? Does not seem like much time to raid / collect key parts / Epics. Whats grind time in kunark?

Please check and correct the math.
  2. Rolento Augur

Looks good to me, but dont forget that now people are 50, people are farming gear, making alts, using characters for buffs, oog damage and more. So even though exp may be slow. The ability to power level, and gear up a new character is now possible.

Im not saying the exp rate doesnt suck, it did. The bonus exp helped a ton. With out it, its going to get interesting, but at least you can get some buffs and maybe some cheap lowbie gear
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You'll actually see an increase in leveling speed from 1 - 20 as time goes on
    And an actually decrease from 40 to 50 due to an inability to kill optimal #'s and camps at those levels with more additional waiting time.
    TeeEHLpee likes this.
  4. Sonyeq Journeyman

The leveling grind will suck a lot more if you aren't in a static and are trying to pug your way there too. If you pick something that isn't a Tank, Cleric, Enchanter, Mage or Monk then it makes it that much more difficult to get a group on top of that. I started over a few days ago on a class that I'm more interested in raiding on over the long term (Wizard) as so far it's been hell trying to get groups on it.
    TeeEHLpee likes this.
  5. TeeEHLpee Augur

It should be faster with the gear but 50% bonus drops off on the 31st? The issue will be finding enough stuff to kill. This server is not alt friendly for me. I enjoy the raiding, grouping with friends and creating alts. I really don't enjoy the amount of time it takes to hit max level which others probably do. To each his own. This server will not be for me if they dont adjust the exp for kunark and beyond. You will be losing me as a customer just before kunark launches. I will wait for the next TLP with faster exp, if nothing comes about then vanilla wow here I come :)
    jaybee7090 likes this.
  6. uk6999 Augur

I dont really see a need for the slow xp either. I would make an assumption at this point that most people play eq to items and/or to raid and to min/max their char. Not to grind sro crocs.
    Ronzark and TeeEHLpee like this.
  7. TeeEHLpee Augur

I agree 100% with you. This will be my last crap exp grind in eq or eq isnt for me now.
  8. Tachyon Augur

The 25 hour a week player you mention will hit 50 six weeks in and have another six weeks to raid.

The Kunark 50-60 run will be similar and most will also raid along the way.

Velious is 12 weeks of nothing but raiding and keying.

Luclin the same with AAs added in.

All told there is plenty of time to do what you want if you play wisely:
    - Epics are largely optional short of a few classes. Take your time!
    - While some classes are gear-dependent every step of the way, most are not and can really wait until Velious to focus on completely filling out their gear.
    - Some keying is very time-intensive and can be passed over (VP and ST especially).
  9. TeeEHLpee Augur

6 weeks of raiding really isnt that long. So you want to have 50% of an expansion spent on just leveling? Not for me.
  10. Tachyon Augur

I actually enjoy leveling!

That said, I suppose Daybreak could just sell naked L50s in the store for $500 a pop which is probably around what people pay for xp pots.
  11. TeeEHLpee Augur

I don't mind leveling up at a reasonable pace. This grind was just crazy long for me. Other hardcore ppl that take a week off work and live for it prolly love it. Def not my cup of tea so this will be my last grind like this.

1 to 50(with 25% exp pot and 50% bonus) - 100 hours - Pot cost = $67.5 - pots $2.7 per?

1 to 50(without 25% pot and with 50% mod) - 125 hours

1 to 50(with 25% pot and without 50% bonus) - 150 hours - $102

1 - 50 (without 25% and without 50% mod) - 175 hours
    When you break that pot money down, it does scream money grab lol. Now I can see why DBG wants slow exp.
  12. cynosis New Member

*bump* Dev's need to do something about this, going to lose alot of people.
  13. discordkitty Augur

I don't think they care or they would have changed it before the server launched. They're obviously seeing enough server population and potion sales currently to deem it a non-issue.
  14. TeeEHLpee Augur

See what ppl think when this 50% bonus drops :)
  15. Snorl Lorekeeper

There isn`t enough time on agnarr playing 40+ hours a week to keep up with xp, aa xp, raiding, tradeskills, and working on a single box or alt, dont see it being possible for anyone short of no lifers on CV.
  16. Nuther Augur

I'm thinking 12 weeks is too short. 16 might be better. It might pan out still, but with a full time job and current rate of XP, it looks like there is only time for just one toon with a server set like this. Of course if you don't work for what ever reason, there is still lots of time. I'm wishin I could level a second toon, not boxed.
    TeeEHLpee likes this.
  17. Lantherion Elder

This is what iv been saying for awhile now, if your going to INCREASE the amount of experience needed to level you need to also INCREASE the time to unlock expansions.
  18. TeeEHLpee Augur

This just shows you that eq is a small market catering to the more hardcore(more free time) players which is fine with me. This slow exp grind is my last as I stated before.
  19. TeeEHLpee Augur

20. Ninjoe New Member

Please baseline the 50% "bonus" experience.
  21. Barton The Mischievous

Faster Exp would not hurt !