Coirnav and Dps race rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheRealDeal, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Jonalexander1 New Member

Anyone remember when Everquest was owned by Verant? When you click the social button there was a pre-made button that says GM List. or /who all GM, Sometimes there would be three or four GM's on.. Apprentice GM, Senior GM's and if there were problems or someone just being a tool you always knew someone was available. Over the year's the ULA has change and slowly went from no kill stealing period to regular mobs then to named mobs to epic mobs to okay it's a FFA. ..
    Just keep scrolling through this post... just an old dog ranting
  2. Bozone91 New Member

it wasnt my thread :(
  3. Tigertiger New Member

Oh no! Rule violations, quick shut it down! I don't want to loose my free access and items!
  4. Lindros New Member

DBG does absolutely nothing in the game to keep the integrity. It is a well known fact and people are running with it. Training is not a dps race and is against the ruleset, but it is a tactic that is being employed because DBG does nothing about it.
  5. Lupercus New Member

The one I'm lookin forward to is people sitting at the end of Coldain 8 Shawl..
  6. Clonkers Lorekeeper

That's why we want this cleared up Lupercus, I wont bother doing the shawl if it can be KS'd at the end. If that's the ruling then fine, saves me time
  7. bwuceli New Member

I understand that TLP servers are the "wild west" these days, but looking at the aforementioned examples clearly there is still some form of policing going on. Unfortunately for me, I have not encountered it yet and have found myself on the receiving end of some really toxic things. I have also seen some blatant exploits and use of third party programs.

The fact that a guild has 30ish Trakanon tooths after one kill is just icing on the cake. Apparently some missed drops are being "reimbursed", but it is totally unclear what qualifies for "reimbursement". Meanwhile, the vast majority of people on Coirnav just soldier on, trying to get their epic done and gain access to Veeshan Peak using legitimate means. If we would all /petition each time we're cheated or griefed out of a drop or a quest, your staff would never rest, providing they'd act on the petitions like they did while handing out X Trakanon teeth.

All I'm asking is to be reasonable and consistent when making those decisions. I'm not going to overreact, but I'm seriously considering just moving on to a less aggravating game. The nostalgia trip has all but run its course and to be honest I've been enjoying Coirnav less and less lately, because of the aforementioned practices by other players. Reading this just adds insult to injury. Even the wild west needed some sort of consistent and common frontier law. I suggest you enforce one too rather sooner than later.
  8. That0neguy Augur

There is actually no rule against training in the EULA
  9. Fumi-chan Augur

I'm not sure what to think about players getting angry that a questionable situation (echo being trained on a guild engaging trak) was fixed by a GM in a fair way. The one time something was finally done about the wild west Coirnav scenarios, people cry about it. It's kind of silly, ya know?
  10. Sultan Elder

7. You may not operate a guild that habitually violates these rules.

Disciplinary issues involving guilds may be addressed with the entire guild. Guilds whose members habitually violate these rules may be issued guild warnings and can even be permanently disbanded.

Guild Leaders and/or officers may be held accountable for any actions of their guild members, in addition to any other actions that may be taken. It is therefore the responsibility of the guild leadership to ensure that all guild members abide by these rules.
    vaenivo likes this.
  11. Celatus Augur

You guys are going to get this thread shut down as well... Stop with the hurt feels and go play the game... Once the servers come back up that is
  12. Veshzan New Member

Your missing the point and hopefully not intentionally. People don't have an issue with it being fixed and im sure most agree it should be, but if trak can drop up to 8?teeth and they get 30+ thats essencely over 4 trak kills and being able to instantly get ur entire guild VP keyed allrdy is crazy!

And again its more about the consistency of response from GM's and what gets fix'ed and what gets told 'nah play-on its fairplay'.
  13. Maze Elder

Stop bitchin'.

All y'all do is and moan.
  14. That0neguy Augur

What rule are you claiming they are violating though?
  15. Sultan Elder

They violate almost every single one of those rules on a daily basis. They meaning, any one person at a time in the entire guild can and does violate any of all the rules at any given time.
  16. That0neguy Augur

Which rules are you referring too? I saw you post one about the leader being held responsible. But I have yet to see which rule you are saying they violate daily?
  17. bwuceli New Member

Yeah, you can "fix" in a fair way and then there's going overboard while doing it and handing out drops like candy. To be honest that's not what annoys me. People exploiting the customer service representative doesn't surprise me. In fact I've learned to live with the extremely low bar set on Coirnav. Though my patience is running very thin of lately.

What annoys me is that I don't know anymore what constitutes what is legit and what's not.
    The fact that you could in theory (and in practice apparently) KS an epic is absurd. If that's the case, I wish you all the best and I'll go somewhere where all the effort I put into something yields a reward.
  18. Lindros New Member

so, DBG, is training against the rules?
  19. Sultan Elder

I simply stated, all of them at any given time is being broken by the entire guild and the leader condones it, therefore every rule can be summed up into Rule 7 and therefore the GM's should, by their very rules for their integrity, disband the guild.
  20. Fumi-chan Augur

Ya I agree it's getting exhausting to know what is and what isn't legit. It's so bad that there are times I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with my box crew. Can get pretty stressful. But when you're dealing with two guilds going at it with one another and one of those guilds grabs an out of era NPC and trains it on another, I'm just not sure how to see that as anything but lame. But I've also seen lame things not get any sort of attention or enforcement by GMs so why this particular time was I have no idea.

Consistency from GMs would be fantastic but I feel like there's a lot open to interpretation in the rules. If Coirnav is gonna be wild west then that would mean not enforcing things like training the echo on a guild engaging trak. It would mean leaving people alone at SONH VP piece. And since GMs have intervened in both it makes it confusing as to what's okay and what isn't.

Personally I don't mind enforcement of rules, I just want to know where the line is so I don't get in trouble crossing it. :p So I think in that regard we are both on the same page.