Coirnav and Dps race rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheRealDeal, Jun 20, 2018.

1. TheRealDeal Journeyman

Greetings

I completely understand dps race is a thing on the server and that is fine with me.
    However on agnarr there were certain guilds ruining epic fight turns in for players and also stealing epic fight encounters which the gms did a great job in reimbursing the item back the player that had lost out and taking actions on the player in fault.

Taking on note on this we have been told that to dps race a quest/epic spawned mob are not allowed to be contested and against game rules.

This has recently happened on coirnav to players who i will not mention or guild and no action was taken but apparently now you can contest any type of epic mob that has been spawned by another player/guild due to this reply from a petition.

...[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]Kill stealing is not a violation on TLP servers. All NPCs are a dps race. Triggered mobs are also a dps race, no player/raid/group has rights to a NPC....[/COLOR]

This is fine i guess now so any guilds that are doing such epic fights be careful of who is in zone at the time as you will lose the epic you have been working on with no reimbursement.

Saying that there was trak teeth reimbursed to a guild recently that was trained also and lost a standard trak fight on coirnav.

Im confused to how epic fights that have actually taken some time and work to get to that point dont get given back but we can hand out trak teeth?

I appreciate the work you do for us on the game but dont understand how things on agnarr that was in place have changed on coirnav.

Think twice before you spawn an epic encounter people as you could be completing some other players epic.

Stay Frosty
  2. Peridax New Member

'reimbursed' is an interesting way to look at people receiving an item they never had.
  3. TheRealDeal Journeyman

if they spawned an epic fight ofc they had an item to do that
  4. taliefer Augur

finally, i can just petition for loot instead of having to deal with open world "compete" nonsense from any angle.
  5. Glykus Journeyman

What about playing 'Tag' with out of era quest mobs? Does that qualify as a DPS race?
  6. TheRealDeal Journeyman

the way that is why do any epic? why farm pearls for cleric epic? you can just wait for someone to spawn ragefire. It makes no sense
  7. Peridax New Member

how's that relate to the trak teeth they got without killing trak?
  8. TheRealDeal Journeyman

if gms can give trak teeth to a guild that didnt even kill a mob or even hand in an item to spawn it how can they not give back an epic item piece to something that took effort. And something they have been doing on previous servers?

Its like why do sk epic you can just sit in CoM and wait for someone to do it then loot it.
  9. Dranix Augur

Thats not possible. Turn in automatically gives you a coin, you have to kill it to spawn Marl. Final fight cannot be stolen, the only thing you'd accomplish is helping someone out.
  10. TheRealDeal Journeyman

ok then what about things like Ragefire?
    Monk Epic fight in lake?
  11. Clonkers Lorekeeper

Can I sit with my buds at ragefire waiting to steal an epic kill?
    Can I steal a spawned Ixi?
    What about general in Kith?
    When Velious hits can I steal the coldain ring?

Are all these triggered fights totally fine for me to come along and steal with my buds having put no work into the previous steps?
  12. Tigertiger New Member

Starting pre-made DPS team to get our coldain rings!!!

No questing, just camping
  13. taliefer Augur

yes
  14. TLP Addict Augur

There really should be a clear delineation between open world contested raid mobs and triggered quest mobs. People want to fight over named mobs that spawn in open world by all means let them have at it.

But waiting for some other player to do the work to spawn a quest mob and then swooping in to steal the reward is the ultimate in moves and should be bannable.
  15. Clonkers Lorekeeper

Literally why would anyone do the ring quest if someone else can come and steal the reward? Why is any cleric farming pearls if it's totally valid to steal ragefire? What level of toxic are the GM's gonna allow?
  16. taliefer Augur

should be, but it isnt. its happened at least since phinigel. not sure if it was a thing during early fippy or not.

its not exactly commonplace, but its happened
  17. TheRealDeal Journeyman

It is wrong and i would not wait for someone to spawn an epic mob that they have worked on to steal it. As i said on agnarr this was not aloud but from the petition reply you can just snipe peoples epic fights. I will still continue not to scum other people over on there epics/quests.

But this proves yes you do not have to do your epic just wait for someone else to because apparently that is ok on coirnav
  18. Veshzan New Member

I think the biggest issue here is the in-consistent statements being made and who has rules enforced and who has rules bent to their will (tin foil hats boys).

If a guild that got griefed and lost trak got over 30 trek tooth in return for such a thing vs another situation were a guild gets griefed loses an epic mob/item and gets told fairplay theres no consistency.

How can u have a even playing ground or even any remote fairness across the board when rules change / are enforced / are reward on such inconsistency.

If DBG want to say all is fair game then so be it but don't give away teeth (way more then the amount that drop as well). Same for the stat food same for the above epic fight that they lost. Its just all-inconsistent.
  19. Bozone91 New Member

This tread is in violation of the Play nice policy

rule 5 states

5. You may not abuse other players or Customer Service Representatives.

o Implying Favoritism by Game Masters - Stating that employees of Daybreak Game Company LLC or members of the Guide program will show favor towards one or more parties involved in any given situation
    here is a link to rules for any one who wants to read them https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct
  20. TheRealDeal Journeyman

This is not a dig at any guides/gms. As i said alot of us have seen items given back on agnarr so we assumed when the same thing happens on another server nothing would have changed.

If this is the case that you can contest epic spawned mobs for the future so be it.