Coarse salt..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Aanuvane Augur

I have to concur with at least some of the posters on this thread. The DoN tables have quite a few items that are not used any more in TS recipes regardless of whether the TS tag is still there or not. There are at least 9 items (?) that could be removed from the forage lists (Burnberry, Cryptanthus, Mature Silkworm, Pitcher Plant, Silkworm, Silkworm Larva, Sky Vine, Spiny Fruit and Starshine Moss) that are not known to be used in any current recipes.

That being said, I spent literally 15 minutes today in Broodlands (just running through and killing a half dozen mobs) and Thundercrest and managed to come up with 5 Coarse Salt between foraging and mob drops. When the servers come back up, I'm going to go check the rates in the Accursed Nest because the mob density is better there for mass farming than it is in either the Broodlands or Thundercrest. I will probably also double check Stillmoon and maybe The Ascent just because, again, memory is telling me the mob density might be a little better in those zones.

I have no problem sending us back to older zones to get ingredients as long as they are both foraged and obtainable from mob drops.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I have spent roughly the same time foraging coarse salts as I have hunting pyrlien flames and gelidran ice. I have over 1000 coarse salts. I have gotten 15 combined flames and ice. There are many other examples of rare tradeskill items that I would want Ngreth to take a look at before touching coarse salt.

Coarse salt is not rare. I suspect the rate at which you can get it is just fine with Ngreth as he usually likes limiting factors on the best food/drink in game.

Forage rates are insane now with luck, faster refreshes and guaranteed double forages. Be happy the extra ingredient is on the forage table and walk away. It could have been Nest Dragon Meat needed...

As far as the forage cleanup for DoN … I have no idea if some of the old recipes go live then dead on the tlp servers when they hit DoN. Isn't everyone saving the other stuff anyway so when they decide to use one next expansion you are ready?