[CLR] Undying Life

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sirene_Fippy, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Brohg Augur

Doesn't matter, silly discussion. Maestro manadrains. Don't QM paladins, they regen enough between AEs to splash for each one. Can't do anything else, but only one paladin needs to do it so the rest can go about their business. If more than one paladin gets drained, it's bad coordination on their part so fookem.
  2. Roxxanna Augur

Ahhhh, to live in the wonderful world of everyone doing exactly what they are supposed to do.......one can dream.

I QM or we all die, that's the wonderland I live in.
  3. Crystilla Augur

Kind of have to agree there Roxxanna - just have 1 pally here and we still wipe on Maestro as often as we win it. (Haven't progressed past TDS1 yet and not made any headway in TBM other than Maestro which isn't progression.) Course that's because we don't have full raids and do need to allow guests with us to raid. Struggling guild or whatever you want to call it.

I have also QM'd the pally (though that's been after he died).
  4. Gundolin Augur

1/2 way there. No mana return aug in the weapon that will proc on casting. Is the Helping Hand still the best "group" aug to get here?

Though I guess that the bigger issue is Maestro's mana drain than anything else.
  5. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Yeah :( WTB a new one.

UF Shawl is good for mana (INT caster version) if you don't have it also.
  6. Roxxanna Augur

A new one would be nice, but I'm sure they would lock it behind some impossible thing you can't do unless you have an army of toons in your pocket, who are willing to spend 20-30 hours camping it with you. Kinda like the one in Crypt of Soul.
  7. Roxxanna Augur

Depending on who's in my group, I may stop the multibind and just single heal as needed, trying to time it so they land just as needed.
  8. Clarisa Augur

So, I was looking through my log and came up with a list of everything that's blocked Undying Life from landing the past few months (besides buff slots being full):

Bond of Bonemaw
    Festering Sores
    Muscle Spasm
    Marmat's Swift Deconstruction
    Plexipharia's Grasp
    Strong Disease
    The Spider's Web

These all have a DoT component in common, but I'm not sure why that ends up blocking Undying Life. Unless it's something else? Anyone know?

[43595/13601] Bond of Bonemaw
    Classes: SHD/101
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1206
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic -220
    Focusable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 10s, Rest: 3s
    Duration: 42s (7 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    3: Decrease Current HP by 950 per tick
    4: Return 267% of Damage as HP, Max Per Hit: 3491
    Text: A dark bond envelops your body.
    Drains #3 of your target's life energy and transfers it to you every six seconds for %z.

[1014] Strong Disease
    Range: 20'
    Resist: Disease
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 15m (150 ticks), Dispelable: No, Allow Fast Regen: No
    1: Increase Disease Counter by 3
    2: Decrease Current HP by 20
    3: Decrease Current HP by 3 per tick
    Text: You have been diseased.
    Fills your target with disease, causing #2 damage initially and #3 damage every 6 seconds for up to %z.

[42786] The Spider's Web
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 2000'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 36s (6 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Movement Speed by 60%
    2: Decrease Melee Haste by 60%
    3: Decrease Current HP by 14650 per tick
    Text: Acidic webs fill the room and hinder and harm you.

[49016/4674] Undying Life
    Classes: CLR/101
    Mana: 8168
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0.85s, Recast: 60s, Timer: 17, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 6s (1 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Undying Lifespring
    2: Cast: Undying Blessing
    3: Increase Current HP by 1 per tick
    Grants a great boon to your target, healing them and increasing their maximum HP briefly, while healing your group to a lesser extent.

[49023/4676] Undying Lifespring 1
    Classes: CLR/250
    Mana: 100
    Target: Target Group
    Range: 300', AE Range: 100'
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
    1: Increase Current HP by 18704
    2: Stacking: Twincast Blocker
    Text: New life springs forth from inside you.
    Heals your group for #1 hit points.

[49017/4675] Undying Blessing 1
    Classes: CLR/250
    Mana: 100
    Range: 300'
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Current HP by 40661
    2: Increase Current HP by 10166 (If HP Below 20 Percent)
    3: Stacking: Twincast Blocker
    5: Increase Max HP by 15%
    Text: You are blessed by undying glory.
    Heals your target for #1 points and increases their maximum hit points by 15 percent for %z. Will heal additional damage if your target is below 20 percent health upon landing.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

The only thing I can see is they all have dot on slot 3. That would block the increase current hp by 1 of undying.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  10. Brudal Augur

Generally the only time a SK will have the dot portion of bond on themselves is due to spell reflect or an oops in targeting. Strong Disease and its upgrade are from certain mobs in Plane of Fear and Hate. There are 2 version of "The Spider's Web" both added 9/2015, not sure which event they are a part of.
  11. Furro Elder

The Spider's Web is one of the AEs from Lord Spiderbraid (Anashti Sul, Lady of Life event), one of the random penalty miniboss named that can spawn when Hero`s Coffin isn't destroyed in time.
  12. Iila Augur

* When the coffin is destroyed.

If you don't kill the coffin, you get a mini that does one of three AEs. If you do destroy the coffin, you just get one of the AEs once.
  13. Furro Elder

Aye, thanks for the correction.

In case others read. There are three penalty minibosses: Tuthal Spiderbraid, Tremble Ravensong, Orran Cragstone. Each miniboss has a unique AE association. When a Hero`s Coffin spawns, one of the three aforementioned minibosses "can" spawn as a penalty if the coffin is not destroyed in time. If the coffin is destroyed in time, Anashti Sul AEs the spell associated with the named miniboss that would have spawned.

Examples:
    Anashti Sul, Lady of Life begins to cast a spell. <The Spider's Web>
    Acidic webs fill the room and hinder and harm you.
    Anashti Sul shouts, 'You have prevented the return of Tuthal Spiderbraid, but his power is mine!'

or

Anashti Sul shouts, 'Curse you! Tremble Ravensong's spirit may be lost for now, but I have a bit of his power!'
    Anashti Sul, Lady of Life begins to cast a spell. <Presence of Ravenspire>

or

Anashti Sul, Lady of Life begins to cast a spell. <Stone Crag>
    Anashti Sul shouts, 'Orran Cragstone will return, but for now I have his magic!'
  14. Zaknaffein Augur

Enough chit chat out of you!

Back to healing!
  15. Pani Augur

I am sure this is a dumb question, but if you have a weapon with a mana return proc, doesn't that mean you have to be hitting something with that weapon in order to have the mana return proc occur?
  16. Karhar Dream Crusher

http://eq.magelo.com/item/141601
  17. Brohg Augur

18. Drakang Augur

Bond of bonemaw is a dot on a mob but gives a healing recourse to the SK. Undying life is reported blocked on me enough that it must be the healing recourse that is blocking it. Will have to test and verify. Bond of bonemaw is not a huge heal but it is pretty much a constant HOT during a fight even if small.
  19. Brohg Augur

lifetap dot turned into a resource tap back in CotF I thought? like, no recourse, just healing per mob it's on
  20. Fintank Augur

I normally save Undying Life and Ward of Certitude for when the main tank seems to be taking heavier damage spikes then normal. Undying Life also does not stack with Dichotomic Shielding for Warriors so if I know they've already blown that I'll toss out Undying to ensure they get the benefit of it so it does not go to waste. If I can help it I normally save Ward to use on the tank if they lose DI so I have enough of a buffer to cast DI again without missing a beat. As far as mana issues go I rarely use a glyph and a lot of times the events I'm on will take 10-15 minutes or more of non-stop spam healing. Utilizing mod rods and VP, rarely using QM on myself and keeping Yaulp up is more than enough to keep the mana flowing. I also don't use a mana return aug in my weapon, just a regular aug for wis/mana/heal amount. My multi-bind on non cure/dmg specific events is: Spiritual Remedy, Graceful Remedy, Mystical Intervention, Virtuous Intervention, Fervid Renewal, Fraught Renewal in that order.