[CLR] New spell lineups?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sirene_Fippy, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Crystilla Augur

If it was Bixie 1, it's only when you nuke that named you get the 8k mana drain. (interventions in your multibind would cause that).
  2. Roxxanna Augur

My thinking for the duration of Bixie 1: OMG! There are people dieing down there, and I have to sit up here and beat this stupid drum!
  3. Iila Augur

You can cast single target heals from up top. My group heal wouldn't land, but between the group and xtar windows, I could target and heal just fine.

I consider the LDoN spec alt aug to be a basic required item for clr/dru. (Shawl aug is up there, too. But it requires more work.) The LDoN raid is soloable easily enough at 100+, with some friends or alts running the raid individually, it shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 lockout cycles to get an aug drop. And it's by far the best 'mana' aug in game. It won't pad your magelo like they will, but if you're casting to oom, it will give you more mana than any normal mana aug.

Tower of Rot's aura effect kills all mana preservation except specialization. Mana return procs will still work, as well. So a mana return weapon, helping hand aug, shawl aug, and spec alt aug will help keep you casting longer in that raid.

Additionally, use your mana recovery abilities as soon as you're able to get the full benefits from them. Hit VP and QM when you're down 20k mana, not when you're at 20m. That lets you use the ability more times during the encounter to gain more total mana.

If you're willing to burn some plat, Essence Tinctures can be another mod rod, ~2k mana on a 2min refresh for the cost of 3 Ethernere Essences.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

I may have to make some of those Essence Tinctures, I have about 300 ethermere essences laying around. Sadly enough I have the raid part of the shawl on the cleric, in case I ever get into a self hate binge. I already have shawl on my SK, so I don't think it will happen. Ill also go check out the LDON raid, as I have killed many named in Neriak with no luck, so that might be better way to go.

Does anyone have any idea what the "real" difference between the 5 points would be?
  5. Brudal Augur

link

.25% additional preservation over the ldon aug assuming you gain the full 45 from a 15% mod.
    sojero likes this.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

Very nice, so I will just need to check and see if the extra 5 points would push her up another 20 threshold.

Thank you very much for that info.
  7. Brohg Augur

no "threshhold", that's just an equivalence thrown around for people who are bad at math so can't work it out themselves. Better aug is better.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

Technically, the Neriak is better, but I've wasted a truly disgusting amount of time camping it to no avail, so what you really need to decide is if the tiny amount of extra savings is worth your sanity. Roxxie only beats her head against the table so many times, then finds something else to do. My suggestion is the ldon aug.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

That is not always true, look at heroics, some parts are done on increments of 25, so until you hit the next 25 threshold, you don't get the full effects.
  10. Brohg Augur

Did not, in fact, say always true.
  11. sojero One hit wonder

You are correct you didnt say always, I just assumed that

Can you please justify why you say that it might be better even though it might not go over the next threshold of 20?

As far as I know, most all EQ math is whole percentage based and you only get the benefit when you hit the next percent. Or in other words, it would just round down anyhow if you don't cross the next 20.
  12. Crystilla Augur

As far as I know, specialization doesn't work in the same increments like heroics do (that was something created with heroics). Therefore I believe you would get the full benefit.
  13. Tour Augur

You'd get full benefit. Skill checks don't have that incremental threshold like heroics do. And in this particular case it's not like the difference between the two is so huge that it's going to affect game play on raids. Besides, the spec aug, for clerics, is used only temporarily if at all. Once you no longer have mana issues it gets swapped out for a more useful (ie: non-mana centric) aug.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

Thanks, I appreciate all the answers.

TBH after I get one I don't think I would ever take it out as mana will always be an issue because I will always try to cast the most I can as fast as I can and that means running out after X time and my guild is not great at speeding through events.
  15. Crystilla Augur

You're just a bit back in progression from I am Sojero, but not sure where your cleric is mana wise. I wouldn't hold too strong of stock in tour's "temporarily if at all" comment - at least for you, based on what you're saying that you DO have mana issues. Keep in mind, the spec aug basically is the equivalent of 2000+ mana so no other aug will top that.

But to Tour's point, there is validity in his statement at the highest level. Just did a check on magelo; 2 of the top 10 (115k+ mana) still use the spec aug but the other 8 don't. Most likely you're a long way from that mana level so it isn't a concern for you just yet on whether there is a better aug for you to have. (Same for you Roxxy)
  16. Tour Augur

Raid DPS is certainly a big factor. You only need to sustain max healing output for however long it takes you to win. If that takes longer, then yeah, adjustments may be needed for augs, gear, foci choice, spell lineup, buff management, clicky items, etc.

Doing older open raid content, stuff dies very noticeably slower. Less people (sometimes), less mains, less skill, comparatively speaking. I remember doing a Crystal Caverns raid with maybe 30 some odd people, getting bad luck or positioning with boulder drops, and things just took forever to die. I had to use staunch at one point. It felt......wrong. :eek:
  17. Tour Augur

Yes, obviously in your case you should absolutely use the spec aug.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

I think Yamiko tops out at around 86k (last time I looked) to around 90k don't know if I had VoP on or if I had 1h in cause hammer keeps going away, darn that camping no rent crap, just let us keep our hammer! I use hammer when soloing (pl'ing alts) and the Velishan staff when raiding for the mana return proc.

She gets rots and I don't take very good care of her, I only brought her back out of retirement to help when we need more clerics, and I keep her healing aa/level maxed for that reason. I give her augs from whatever drops and just make the best of what I can from there. I think adding that one aug would make a world of difference for me.
  19. p2aa Augur

I got a question relative to using interventions before renewals in a heal multibind.

Yes, interventions have a faster cast time than renewals (1,5 sec versus 1,8 sec) so the HP per cast time healed is better for intervention, but given that the recast time of renewals is much shorter, 18 sec (with max hastened AA) versus 30 sec, wouldn't it be better to use the 2 renewals before the 2 interventions ? So that you have access faster to heals that will have refreshed sooner ?
  20. Roxxanna Augur

Personally, I don't combine Renewals and Interventions. I have seperate lineups for each, depending on wether there's a risk of waking mezzed mobs.

On 1 multibind I do:
    Remedy, Remedy, Ward, Renewal, Renewal, 15th
    Or
    Remedy, Remedy, Ward, Intervention, Intervention, 15th

On a second multibind key (my oh crap bind) I do:
    Remedy,Remedy,Ward,15th usually in conjunction with having hit Rapidity and Flurry.

I've tried combining Renewals and Interventions, and found my overall parse numbers were less since a great deal of the heal amount goes to overheal.

Edit after I realized you may not be 105:
    Short answer is I always recommend keeping the fastest casters at the top of the list so they are always being cast the moment they are available.