[CLR] New spell lineups?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sirene_Fippy, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Tour Augur

I think waiting till the tank hits < 45%, while other spells are on cool down, is unnecessarily risky. At that threshold 15th is essentially just a remedy (heal amount varies based on target HP). Your target could easily take some bad rounds / spell dmg / DoT / aura dmg when they were initially at above the 45% mark, not at full hp, and drop to dead. Shame 15th doesn't do the hp check before casting, like it would with range, so you could work it into top line into a MB. Renewals (and interventions if you want something a bit faster) are still pretty fast casting, all things considered.
  2. Crystilla Augur

Overhealing isn't necesssarily a bad thing (versus the alternative having dead casting time).

We all have different views on this Roxxy, so you won't find true agreement in how to set things up. For myself, while I do have a multibind for (spiritual remedy, graceful remedy, fervent renewal, fraught renewal) and then also cast mystical intervention and a lot of group heals outside of that ...

When it make sense for this order (aka not healing multiple tanks at a time) I tend to prefer to manually hit a SR, GR, MI, SR, GR, FR, SR, GR, FR and I have just a very very tiny gap there if the stars aligned and my heals cast the instant they're available. I just get so much greater flexibility on this.

I don't find fraught renewal to be long cast but that's because I use 1.5 already with an intervention I refuse to use fervid until I have spell haste capable of bringing that down to the 1.8 sec cast.

An earlier thread said heals generally don't hit more than 30k a heal. Mine traditionally will hit in the 35-40k range (usually 38k as my high so far). Not sure if that's a good sign for me, bad sign for the other healers, etc. But I haven't been one to try and match the amount healed to amount of damage taken since I accurately timed complete heal to land just as the mob dies back TSS and earlier days.
  3. Roxxanna Augur

I think I'll add fraught, might have been fervid that was the "I'm having a stroke waiting for it to cast" spell. And I'm not sure what they are meaning with heals on hitting for 30k, mine are 35-40 as well, although I suppose an under aa'd toon who didn't do the DON progression might be that low. I know Roxx was lagging about 5-10% behind my heroic'd clerics until I heroic'd her at 105, her mana usage also plummeted. I don't use interventions as I switch targets so much and between so many people, I'm worried about waking mezz'd mobs.
  4. Crystilla Augur

I'd guess that 30k or less mark is assuming more healers than some guilds may have (so ones with more healing will on average heal for less if that makes sense). We have a ton of healing but none but maybe 1-2 of us even know what a multibind is much less have one and many still fall back on older habits.

Yeah, Fervid's 2.4 seconds is way too long for me.
  5. Roxxanna Augur

I wish I had other clerics in my guild to teach my bad habits too, but alas, I'm the only one, except for a few boxers. -sadness-
  6. sojero One hit wonder

how do you feel mana is going for you guys?

When I play with Yamiko (100 clr in t1-t4 rof gear) on raids I have the multi bind of:
    mix of rank 1 to 3 spells

Graceful Remedy
    Virtuous Intervention
    Elysian Intervention
    Fraught Renewal
    Fervent Renewal
    Reverent Light

the rest of my spells are:
    Word of Reformation - if group needs a cure
    Syllable of Renewal - if im in tank group with multiple tanks taking hits
    Ward of Certitude - mostly for tank swaps
    Divine Interposition - don't need to say more
    Reforming Splash - after AE's

the last slot I leave for buffs for rezzed people

I use mod rods as they pop, I use VP at 80% QM at 65 % and yaulp (AA) as it drops, but I still find myself out of mana around the 5-6 minute mark and then I have to use lights until I get something to give me more mana back, its frustrating. and makes me wonder if i shouldn't slow down heals and save mana for the times when its really needed, because I'm throwing as many and as fast of heals as I can.
  7. Roxxanna Augur

Heroic'd? And if not, did you finish the lon progression? Roxxies usage dropped sharply after I Heroic'd, some gift go the keepers stuff. I watched all her casting skill increase quickly by 150ish. With the lineup I listed above, I spam the first 4 nonstop, with others thrown in as I can, and I still wind up saving my QM in case someone else needs it.....well, half the time maybe. Do you use Glyph?
  8. sojero One hit wonder

I haven't completed DoN progression with her, mana wasn't an issue until I started multi binding. I am nowhere near maxed on AA on her, so I don't use glyphs. I have all healing and mana aa maxed, not much more than that.

Makes me wonder if going back and completing DoN would be good.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

Yes, yes yes, and double check your focus, Crystilla save me some headaches with that advice, had doubled up on range and had no mana preserve
  10. sojero One hit wonder

I always make sure I have mana pres. so have that one covered, and I will have to check and see where I am on DoN progression, can probably knock it out in a night or 2.
  11. Roxxanna Augur

Glyph is only 5 aa, you should always have on on deck, I think it's a 15% savings right off the top, add don and aug, your looking at almost a 25% savings, maybe more, I'm no good and figuring this stuff out.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

you say add don and aug, what aug are you talking about? I am thinking of camping one of the alteration + 15% in Neriak to see if that help.
  13. Belkar_OotS Augur

The 2 15% Specialization: Alteration Augments.

You only need 1 of them (LDoN raid aug (skill 40 I think) or the Neriak One (skill 45 I think).

If you are having mana issues, I would drop the interventions or the renewals. (I drop the interventions due to mezz breaks, was embarrassing on our first AM1 raid how many I broke). I found Remedy, 1 renewal and light to be a pretty reasonable cycle to keep my mana usage at a manageable rate for about 15-20 minutes.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

I don't think they stack and the one from Neriak is the better one right?
  15. Roxxanna Augur

Yes, but harder to get, I don't have either
  16. Crystilla Augur

Neriak one is definitely better and they do not stack. I found the camp with Mass of Spite + the named bird to be the easiest so far. All out in the open, almost all single pulls (for me pulling as a cleric).

HERE is a thread you may want to read. Some clerics are able to "graduate" past it, but sounds like it may be a good resource for you.

Also, strong suggestion use the spell Yaulp over the AA yaulp if you can find a spot for it. The mana regen adds up. I set an audio trigger for yaulp for myself so I don't overcast it. "your surge of strength fades"
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  17. Belkar_OotS Augur

A few other things with mana usage - Crystilla has a good list of items and goodies.

Neriak specialization augment is better (I am at work so can't look it up........ shh I shouldn't be able to get to the forums either lol).

The coldain shawl aug and the mana return from beneficial spells weapon augs (Helping Hand) and weapon procs are are a huge boon also.

I am in a lower DPS guild and I am a total mana hog........ I personally recommend you load up on all of them, you can always swap them out later if you don't need it, but it is a game changer when you do need it.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go grab the alteration aug. Roxx you need to send me a tell some time on either sojero, or gutss (been on my zerker a lot recently) and we can go camp you one first!

I was sitting there thinking, why was I having issues, then I remember talking to some of the other raiders about it that day, and it was a mana drain effect on the event, and I forgot to add my clerics log to GINA as I recently rebuilt the computer and only raid on the cleric when we are really low on healing and they don't need my sk to tank, I HATE boxing on raids, and don't think anyone really should.

I usually do a manual rotation if all the clerics are on the main tank and we are heavy on healing, and then when some have to switch to add tanks I use the multi bind to pick up the slack. I find that less mana intensive as well.
  19. Crystilla Augur

Ahh were you guys doing ToR? Reason I ask is very little of our mana pres items work on that event, which is why using the best versions of what will work is helpful. On that event, I don't use f_renewals at all as they are mana hogs. Getting your cleric to 101 to use spiritual remedy will be a GODSEND as well. Add that into the multibind as your 1st spell (bump others down 1).
  20. sojero One hit wonder

We are 1 event from beating all cotf t1 a/b (neriak 2) I lead our first win on Bixie 2 last saturday.

I cannot remember which one it was, sick atm, and head is hurting, been trying to remember.

I cant go to 101 because I haven't bought the exp for that account, only my main account and my wives. If we start raiding TDS, I might, but I only keep her up to date to help with raids, so no sense in buying new expansion. Plus still miffed about the exp nerf.