/clock

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tobin, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Tobin Augur

I would like to see a clock function window add to the game that places the "Game time" and "Earth time" on the screen. Adding settable countdown timers would be a bonus. .
  2. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

Very solid idea, especially with additional functionality added on. +1
  3. Geroblue Augur

/played
    /time

already exist.
  4. guado Augur

We want it displayed on the UI tho. Yes it's nice to be able to do /played and /time, but it would be cool and beneficial on multiple fronts (spawn timing, etc) to have the game time / earth time displayed. Could use my phone timer, but then I miss stuff on reddit.
  5. Serriah_Test Augur

The game needs less UI.
    A lot less UI.

Instead of adding crap to it, they'd spend their limited resources better to making the UI more streamlined.
  6. Cakeny Augur

Assuming this wouldn't get added, due to needing to constantly ping server with background /time requests.
  7. Tobin Augur

there would be no need for background /time requests - one request would be needed then the clients time would be used to run the clock - maybe a check each time you zone to make sure the time is the same as the server. Earth time is your CPU time and Game time is a function of Earth time.
  8. smash Augur

I dont see a reason for this to be put in, only result would be lag.

And what should I use it for ?
    RL clock, i can see on my computer/Watch/phone.
    Game time, when do i really need that ? all time, no, maybe when i wanna farm CBQ, or something like it, otherwise never.
  9. Moklianne Augur

Can this already be done with a custom UI? Maybe someone has already done this.
  10. Serriah_Test Augur

They made a "game session timer" way back when people were blaming EQ for ruining their lives.
    Not sure if it's still supported in the UI.

I found it great to time spawns so I could clear a room and know how much time I had to do other things before the room would pop again.

Now that I look back at that... wow EQ was, and still is, boring lol
  11. Shang Augur

I don't think there is an EQItem currently to display the time in the UI.

You can do a shotty timer by modding your Music Player window, though... It's not a very good solution overall.
  12. Tual Augur

Cool idea. Maybe one of the people that do custom UI's can chime in with info on how that would work out.
    On SoE's side I'd like to see a timer for tribute, set it for 3 or 4 hours, or however long raids will last and forget it.
  13. Shang Augur

I haven't modded it in a few years, but let me know if it doesn't work.

If you sort by date, you'll see similar ones as well.

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6082
    Tobin and guado like this.