Cloaks of the Selenelion Evolving

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Feb 20, 2023.

1. FYAD Augur

That was not confirmed. Some people speculated what it might be, it got posted online and repeated in a few places and now people think it's confirmed. It's not, we don't know what the last 2 ranks require other than it's something not yet available (or bugged, but that's unlikely).
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Spoiler alert: Raid completions + raid achievements.
  3. Baradorn Lorekeeper

So collects doesn't update last stage of the cloak.
    Therefore will be Raid achievements.
  4. Ozon Augur

It does seem odd that there are 2 items tied to raid achievements, the aug and the cloak. But we will.
  5. Kendeth Augur

It could also potentially be like TBL evolvers and need all achievements completed, so both vanquisher and collections. I'm hoping not though so I can continue saving my collections for the level increase next expansion.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  6. Axxius Augur

Have any hardcore people maxed out the post-Conqueror one yet? Is it really just the collections for the final evolution?
  7. Gorg00 Augur

The final one does not evolve with collections, it's either Vanquisher, or Vanquisher + Collections, or some as of yet undiscovered option.
    alanus and Carden like this.
  8. Tadenea Augur

Dev said awhile ago Collections are not required for any step of the Cloak evolutions
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Szilent Augur

citation needed
  10. Proximoe Elder

fixed it for ya
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

So in short if we are to take this as gospel, hunter is the last achievement for cloaks evolving, that groupers will have to worry about? I will know in 95% more. Just updated mine to Obscured this weekend and wow that was a nice jump. I think Allas is missing a type 19 aug slot for it as I added another aug this round.
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

Whats the question?
  13. Cicelee Augur

Does a grouper only have to complete merc/partisan, mission achievements and hunter in order to maximize the stats on your cloak? In addition to leveling it up, obviously.

And the answer is yes.
  14. Carden Journeyman

I just compared the augmentation slots for Obscured Assaulter's Cloak of the Selenelion on a few different sites, and I do see some differences between them, but none of them show type 19 augmentation slots:

Which cloak do you have and which slots do you see on it?
  15. Soulbanshee Augur

16. Carden Journeyman

I've asked about the discrepancy on the Allakhazam and EQResource Discord servers.

I know that Allakhazam and SoD's EQItems use the same item collector tool, so maybe there is a bug in the item collector. I don't think many items have more than 5 augmentation slots, so that might be an edge case that is poorly tested or not tested at all. This is just my own speculation though.

It's also interesting that EQResource shows slot 3 as type 7 instead of type 8. The timestamp for EQResource's entry is November 3, 2022, which is obviously before the expansion was released on December 6, 2022. The EQresource folks just told me that their information on this cloak is from the beginning of beta, and they know that the stats on the cloaks changed before the end of beta, but they have had trouble getting updated states, because the cloaks are FV No Trade. So they know that the stats on some of their cloaks are currently outdated.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Wyre Wintermute and Carden like this.
  18. Carden Journeyman

Allakhazam update: Gidono said that the 6th augmentation slot is present in the item data, but there is a code issue preventing the slot from being shown. He is working on a fix.

EQResource update: Since they know that their cloak data is outdated, they are trying to get the updated stats. So far, they have already updated a few of them: https://items.eqresource.com/itemlogs.php?status=updates
  19. Snazster Elder

Put so much exp into getting this cloak to evolve that when it does, my first inclination is to not stop exping until I’ve locked in that level. You know, so it won’t lose that level if it dies.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Metanis like this.
  20. Gnomereaper Augur

Mine evolved into a Chimecho, is this a bug or a feature?
    Silvena likes this.