Cloaks of the Selenelion Evolving

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the new cloak other than what Alla shows, as far as how to evolve it? The last requirement they show on their Wiki page is the Hunter achievement. As far as groupers go the next step to me would be finishing collectors I would think, but have been told that is a no.
    They list like 3 more levels of this cloak or so but it just says FIX ME where the rest of them have the needed requirement. Just wondering as a grouper how far you can take this thing.
    Any info would be appreciated thank you.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

3. Sancus Augur

There are seven levels; regardless of the exact requirements (which are unknown at this time), levels 6/7 are raid levels. Without raiding, level 5 is the highest you can get.
    FYAD likes this.
  4. Carden Journeyman

I updated the wiki page on zam that you referenced with the information that other folks have shared. As other folks mentioned, ranks 6 and above require raids. Rank 6 and above cloaks can't currently be obtained, because the tier 3 NoS raids have not been released yet. The tier 3 NoS raids will be released in March. When folks beat those raids, we will start seeing folks evolve their cloaks to rank 6 and above.
  5. Gochan Journeyman

According to what I read they have collects as being the last achievement needed to finish, if that's true they effectively locked group players out of a level by blocking them with raid achievements. Not that I care but I would of thought collects would have been before the raid progression.
    Angahran likes this.
  6. Knifen Augur

That just looks odd, I had figured it would be Vanquisher not Collections?
    Gochan likes this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Source?

Since collections would be extremely odd to have last and screw over non raiders in that scenario.
    Syylke_EMarr and Gochan like this.
  8. Gochan Journeyman

Couple of sources listed above in previous replies from others.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Not sure how anyone would even know what the end requirements are since no one has it.
    FYAD, Syylke_EMarr and Warpeace like this.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

Those arent sources, those are speculations. We did not get the info in beta to know the intentions, everyone figured out the first 5 levels after the expansion went live, and the way they set up the conversions this time we cannot see whats required, or the stats past level 5, only the name for level 6.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  11. Angahran Augur

Personally it would make sense to have raid achievements be the last requirement.
    Otherwise it's blocking non-raiders if there are things that can be completed after the raid requirements.
    Tallie, Gochan and Svann2 like this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

The only pushback to that is that raid achievements already give a BIS type 5 augment. For it to also give another cloak level might be too much.

Collections reward is a trophy. Which while nice, is not as useful as that BIS type 5 that will always be used, whereas tribute is generally only for raids for most.

Now. They could require raid achievements AND collections. That would be a cherry on top of the cake.
    Gochan likes this.
  13. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Yep, any and all "statements" about the cloak requiring Collections for the last rank are pure speculation, and likely false.

The rumors were started from previous threads where people were surprised that Collections weren't involved, so some completely unsubstantiated ideas about the final rank requiring it began.
  14. Brickhaus Augur

All I know is that the entire cloak structure is a disappointment.

They had a successful layout from the ToV ear on what to require if they wanted only achievements within an expansion. And they decided to ignore it.

EQ is the only game I know that goes out of its way to reinvent things that worked in the past into current failures (see the cloak, NoS "ores", etc.)
    Vumad, Metanis and Velisaris_MS like this.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Luminous Restless Ice says right in the description, "The ice awaits the <achievement name>." This way you know what you need to do to evolve it further.

Unfortunately, the cloaks do not have this, which leaves many wondering why it will not evolve and all of us guessing what to do next.
  16. Cicelee Augur

The only issue with the structure was having mercenary and Paragon be the first requirement. Considering the time investment on completing all of that compared to the time sink of doing the missions, I felt that completing all four missions would be first, then merc/partisan, then mission cheeves.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Last rank needs to be /pat faction.
  18. Angahran Augur

I thought it already required raid AND collections ? It was just that the collections was AFTER the raid ?
  19. Cicelee Augur

No one knows what the next requirement is. No one will know until March 4 when T3 is completed. We do know that collections is not the next requirement after hunter because some have evolved their cloak past hunter requirement and have collections done, but they cannot evolve the cloak. Which if it was collections then they would have been able to evolve it
  20. Knifen Augur

Well since it hasnt been confirmed the order, there is always the chance that in its current state it is "broke".

Maybe it is Collections followed by Conq. Just cause people have collections done and not able to evolve cloak doesnt mean it shouldnt.

Until someone gets conq (/em wonders if conq will approve) and trys to evolve it we dont know for sure what the next step is. Only assuming.

Both my toons have everything done except Conq and Vanq, one even as max ally with both the new factions for this expansions just in case one of those was it.
    Conq likes this.