Client Crashes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Miss_Jackie, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I keep getting client crashes. It always crashes the first time I log in for the day. And then random crashes after that. The crashes started after the last patch.

What's going on and why is it happening? Thanks.
  2. Mellifleur Augur

Happens to me to, it's the Welcome Screen
  3. Naeeleu Elder

I crash every single time i go to valley on all chars.
  4. TSR-SeanF Augur

If you are still experiencing crashing issues can you please provide us with any error messages you may be encountering when it occurs?
  5. Cloudia Augur

most times there is no error message just the popup crash notice asking for input, click okay game closes and after a short wait an exception error notification pops to desktop. until that point the most recent soundfile is usually looping in the background. I will see this on either of my win7 systems after playig for an extended period and crossing several zones. Often after a long play session logging over to trader in Baz, or about 75% of the time if I have to zone to Valley in voa
  6. Xolrik New Member

I am having the same problem Miss_Jackie has explained. Upon playing EQ for the first time each day, I click enter world or return home for any of my characters and after the zone loads it seems to be laggy for a couple seconds and then just crashes and asks what happened. Later, almost a minute after entering and sending the info about that crash, I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error saying Program .... \EverQuest\eqgame.exe abnormal program termination. Hope this helps. It would be bearable if it happened only the first time you enter the game, but as Miss_Jackie also said... crashes occur for us at different times after that too.
  7. Orablast Elder

C++ runtime error is generated when the EQ application quits unexpectedly and there is no error code written for the specific situation. The error could mean anything, and most of us receive it upon zoning to certain zones.

Unfortunately, this is still a client issue, or it would happen to every single user every single time, which is certainly not the case, otherwise that would be patched ASAP.

My guess is we suffer from some type of hardware compatibility or driver issue, and we do what we can to get by.
  8. TSR-AlexS Augur

If you haven't already, please submit a support ticket to our tech team with your DXdiag and MSinfo so we can help you resolve the issue. Here's a knowledge base below with more information.

Suggestions to Resolve Crashing and Freezing
  9. coosmike New Member

I have this problem only on the Beta. My normal client works as usual. I am going to try a different video card as I am also have lengthy delays when zoning. If I am in a group, my zoning takes several minutes more than everyone else (1 of my group is on the same network as me).
  10. TSR-AlexS Augur

You can submit your ticket reference number to Sean or myself so we can assist you personally!