Client crash when trying to run two instances of EQ on my machine

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Brumm Baldbottom, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Brumm Baldbottom New Member

After updating my system to Windows 10 I am no longer able to run two instances of the game on my machine. The first instance runs fine but when I attempt to run the second instance I get an error that the client has crashed. I was able to run both with Windows 7 installed. I have assigned admin permissions to both executables and am at a dead end, with research, trying to figure out what to do next.

Help!!
  2. Ayah New Member

I am having the same issue, I have to believe others are... do they have technical support at DB for issues like this?
  3. Roxxors Lorekeeper

On Win 10 64 bit here. Running multiple instances just fine. Wondering what you mean by " I have assigned admin permissions to both executables "? Both? I just have one install, I just log into multiple accounts from it.
  4. Fallfyres Augur

--------------
    Sounds very frustrating and hope you get it figured out.

Can't resist mentioning though that perhaps THIS is one way DBG could provide for their 'vision' of a non-boxing server this winter... just require Win10 ^-^. *Slaps wrist and runs off to play in Norrath...
  5. complexication Kassina

Only thing I can suggest off the top of my head is try running it in compatibility mode if you're not already, then check to see if there's any error logs being produced that would explain why it crashed.

Never mind the fact that the problems that come with Windows 10 are varied and far between. Some have issues, most don't.