Clever / Ironic / Etc Names we might have missed~

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Denial_Sinfae, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Elricvonclief Augur

Wow, impressive pics Mykaylla!
  2. Grelthur Elder

It may or may not have been intentional, but the Mercenary quest giver's name in Chapterhouse is Aislinn. Being that she is is a halfling, when I first saw it, I read it (pronounced it) @ssling.
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

Naturally I meant the HBO TV show and not the source material.
  4. Kolani Augur

Also similar to Azalin, the lich from Ravenloft.
  5. Mintalie Augur

Just saw this NPC for the first time the other day and was thrilled, being a 20+ year Howard Stern listener. Yay for Jefe the Drunk!
  6. Eaiana Augur

I always snicker softly when running an alt through the Jonas hand aug arc and I come across Chuckles the Slasher in the pirate fort in The Buried Sea. Many of those pirates have funny names.
  7. YabaHow New Member

There are so many in EQ, I do not know how you could possibly list them all (sometime I think the whole game is a reference to something).
    One of my favorites is the quest/achievement is : "Have Fun Storming the Castle"
    It is an obvious reference to a line in the movie "The Princess Bride" (when Westley dies and they take him to the wizzard " Miracle Max" to bring him back from the dead.... when Max sends them off, he says ... Have fun storming the castle :) )
  8. Guntar New Member

Zentara likes this.
  9. Lily Augur

The bixie drones in Misty Thicket say zzzzzzztone hivvvvvvvvv when they attack. I never understood what it meant til TSS came out. Stone Hive
  10. Zakor Elder

11. Zakor Elder

12. Zarzac Augur

13. Mitsune Lorekeeper

14. Prathun Developer

A few more examples that I could think of:
    • Sanfyrd runs the scrapyard in Ak'Anon. He also responds to the phrase 'Red Five' (Red V is a haywire clockwork) which sounds like Redd Foxx but that one is probably actually a Star Wars reference.
    • Randalph the Wise, accompanied by his white horse Palsimile, bestows a quest to destroy a ring by dropping it in the volcano of Ashengate. If you take the quest, you'll be attacked repeatedly by soot wraiths while you carry the ring.
    • Johnny the Black Crow and Rickan are pirates on Jardel's Hook.
  15. Reviled Elder

I forget eqs exact spelling, but the rank ii spell merchant in beasts domain. I think he's spelled The Styg, obvious reference to UKs Top Gear. Like the real Stig, he doesn't talk and his face is covered even!
    Mintalie likes this.
  16. wingz-83 Augur

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=133549

The wearer of this belt shall possess all the superpowers of 70's supergroup Foreigner.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!

ITEM LORE:
    Item Lore You don't need instructions to know what to do with this
  17. wingz-83 Augur

18. Mitsune Lorekeeper

With his regenerations he is really good at repopping. He must be a true Norrathian and not from Gallifrey after all. Let's see if I can trigger another regeneration.

He will repop within the next two days, I am sure ;-)
  19. Numiko Augur

don't think he spawns anymore, but at Lake Rathetear you could find Prince Kermit Keroppi, a froglok.
  20. Rasputyn Elder

Solteris 6(Commodus) is a huge reference to the movie Gladiator. The names of the aspects reference when Commodus is talking about the virtues he has versus the ones his father wishes he had.